Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The very premise of this thread is laughable. Product refreshes for leading phones happen in a year or less these days. The HTC Hero world version - which will be the one that this February announcement will be an immediate successor to - was launched in JUNE, and was leaked well before that.

Sprint will not have a new version of the Hero for quite some time. And even if they did, it'd be silly to feel buyer's remorse because you bought the best device for you at the time.

What's worse is the underlying logic of the premise...that it sucks to be "locked in a contract" with one nice handset when something else amazing and more updated comes out within the two years. That's a malady that...oh I don't know...EVERY smartphone user suffers, I believe. And I will tell you that I would rather "suffer" that problem with a device that absolutely got the job done for me at the time and continues to, rather than eating up months of said contract WAITING for a company to deliver the device I thought I was getting in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    The very premise of this thread is laughable. Product refreshes for leading phones happen in a year or less these days. The HTC Hero world version - which will be the one that this February announcement will be an immediate successor to - was launched in JUNE, and was leaked well before that.

Sprint will not have a new version of the Hero for quite some time. And even if they did, it'd be silly to feel buyer's remorse because you bought the best device for you at the time.

What's worse is the underlying logic of the premise...that it sucks to be "locked in a contract" with one nice handset when something else amazing and more updated comes out within the two years. That's a malady that...oh I don't know...EVERY smartphone user suffers, I believe. And I will tell you that I would rather "suffer" that problem with a device that absolutely got the job done for me at the time and continues to, rather than eating up months of said contract WAITING for a company to deliver the device I thought I was getting in the first place.
    +1 well said
    This thread brought nothing constructive to the table and served no purpose but to take a shot at those who post about leaving the pre for the hero.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12