1.    #1  
    So I am a Police officer and a bunch of my co-workers have Iphones, They like my Pre and its capabilities but they are attracted to the apps. Anyhow. I get a call about 630am, guy A has tethering on his phone, Guy B and C dont.(all iphones). So guy A says "Check this out guys, I can get you both tethering in under 5 mins" Jaws drop and they are all in. 10 Minutes later we have 2 Bricked Iphones (Guy B and C). Guy A lost his tethering capabilities for who knows what reason. They call me up and ask hey man can you come over here and give us a hand. So I go and I set up a WiFi network via my Pre and let these guys mooch on my connection. (3 laptops churning away on my pres wifi) Eyes buried in forums and what not, redownloading software versions. Good times haha.

6hrs later with several calls to ATT and several "Restores". We managed to get all the iphones back to stock and working.

One guy has to re input 200 plus contacts because iTunes never backed up his Iphone. (Fail)

Another guy. Lost all of his apps and iTunes for some reason will not redownload his apps to his phone. (Fail)

The third guy got his phone back to stock with no problems and re jailbroke it.

Why not buy an iPhone? This is my personal experience, and is a good reason to not go to the dark side. 2 out of 3....ouch

Any of these problems with the Pre? Zero (Winner)

P.S. they are now too scared to jail break their phones.
    looks like the great invincible iphone can lose contacts and data with the best of them. thanks for giving us a glimpse at the other side.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    +1
    I ordered my iphone on cyber monday and wanted to sell the pre and then AT&T cancelled my order because my address was incorrect (it wasn't) so I was gonna sell my pre but then I used my friends iphone today and is nice but after 3 hrs I was bored. I think I'll keep my pre and keep getting surprises every day. I can't ever get tired of my pre..lol
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Sounds like a bunch of jailbreak morons, and has zero relevance to a stock iPhone. Shoot, there are plenty of examples here of people bricking their Pre with various hacks -- it's not immune to tinkering either.
    I like gettin suprises too...new patches n updates, keeps me locked in...and I love da precentral family here..and the webos internalz team along wit jason and other homebrewers

Quote Originally Posted by ivan1.ruiz View Post
    I ordered my iphone on cyber monday and wanted to sell the pre and then AT&T cancelled my order because my address was incorrect (it wasn't) so I was gonna sell my pre but then I used my friends iphone today and is nice but after 3 hrs I was bored. I think I'll keep my pre and keep getting surprises every day. I can't ever get tired of my pre..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by sburlbaw View Post
    6hrs later with several calls to ATT and several "Restores". We managed to get all the iphones back to stock and working.

One guy has to re input 200 plus contacts because iTunes never backed up his Iphone. (Fail)

Another guy. Lost all of his apps and iTunes for some reason will not redownload his apps to his phone. (Fail)
    Hmm.... Seriously, you are describing the same procedure as Palm Profile's gigantic catastrophic failure/flaws, as well as "restores" which is exactly the same thing that webos doctor does each and everytime something goes wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by sburlbaw View Post
    Any of these problems with the Pre? Zero (Winner)

Seriously, I came to this forum because I really wanted a pre (so much so that I paid the astronomous price charged for an unlocked gsm one in the US, then had a friend bring it over to brasil, all just to enjoy some webos goodness), but this forum is even worse than all other apple fan websites!!! Is palm blinding the pre users???

I for one found this thread hilarious...

PS: thankgod these guys are cops and not IT guys, they are obviously not at all tech savvy..... I have a jailbroken iphone, enabled tether, yada yada and have never had problems.... I've also backed up my contacts about hmmmm 1 million times? And then restored them onto the same or another phone with no problem... (I personally use EAS, but tons of friends/family dont)
    I think the point of the story is that the ipone can and does have as many operating problems as the Pre at times. And like the Pre some iphones are good and some are bad. Just because these guys are cops doesn't mean they are tech idiots.
    Never said anyone was an *****.... and this type of inflamatory "misquote" is exactly what riles people up (i notice it exceptionally strong here... maybe people are insecure abt their ?*)

The point of the story may be that, i agree with you.... not only the iphone (why are pre-owners so iphone-defensive???) any modern smartphone has pretty similar issues.... but this poster is gone totally the way of the over-optimist and goes on to stating stuff that the pre suffers with exactly, and hail them as "winner"... oh well, i chuckled...

*see my example there....?
    Haha nice story. So do cops get alot of downtime these days? :P :P
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
  11.    #11  
    ok for those thinking I'm bashing the iphone...I'm not, this was my personal experience with them. I'm not trying to "troll". I'm sure peoples iphones have worked flawlessly. The iphone is a great phone don't get me wrong. Again this was just my experience and thought it was kinda funny and thought I'd share.

P.S. We do have our share of downtown :-D