View Poll Results: Do you use a PDA in School?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I use a Palm OS PDA in School!

10 90.91%
  • Yes, I use a PPC PDA in School!

0 0%
  • Yes, I use some other PDA in School!

0 0%
  • No, I just want to see the results

1 9.09%
  1.    #1  
    I see constantly people posting about using their handheld in schools, just like I do. Lets start this thread up with all the students, and post the ways you use yours in school! I'd posted my stuff to a different thread a minute ago...I'd post it here too! If you don't want to share, atleast mark the poll!
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
  2.    #2  
    OK - Here's how I use my Visor Deluxe (Blue)

I'm a High School Senior with a two-month old Blue VDX / Stowaway / FREE Wordsmith user-

I got a free Code for Wordsmith when I e-mailed them asking for a student rate-- they responded with a free code!!!

To explain how I use it:

First hour - Business - In a computer lab, so not much. I usually spend that hour looking at the VC Boards since they aren't on AvantGo.

Second hour - JROTC - Usually most of the period, half AvantGo or playing games (try Bubblet for a game not requiring a lot of attention) and keyboard typing last minute notes for the other half

Third Hour - English - When we were doing MacBeth, I read it off Wordsmith instead of carrying around the book like everyone else ...now we are watching Hamlet, so I am reading the SparkNotes that I copied off the Internet while watching the movie... whenever we do notes, I use my stowaway, too, when taking notes

Fourth Hour - Government - All the time, taking notes. My teacher lets us use notes on the test, and lets me use notes right off my visor it's great!

Fifth Hour - History AP - All the time, taking notes. I have to print them out though...

Sixth/Seventh Hour - Not Much, I actually do work in Statistics/Chemistry.

I use either Rechargable NiMHs or the Energizer Ultra or whatever they are called - I get usually 4-5 days out of them. Outside of school, I am constantly using the visor, with the backlight on in various places about half an hour a day
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro