1.    #1  
    Motorola DROID closes in on its one-million-sold target? Boy Genius Report

With this thing being Verizon's cash cow for the holidays, does it seem realistic or feasible they'll give the Pre a significant push in January or February or whenever?

It's looking doubtful, IMHO, but I'd love to hear contrary takes.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I kinda want a DROID right now. Sprint's pricing is the only thing keeping me on board.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Motorola DROID closes in on its one-million-sold target? Boy Genius Report

With this thing being Verizon's cash cow for the holidays, does it seem realistic or feasible they'll give the Pre a significant push in January or February or whenever?

It's looking doubtful, IMHO, but I'd love to hear contrary takes.
    Palm's going to need a Hail Mary pass at CES this year to stay afloat. Will be interesting to see what they come up with.
    I don't think WebOS is going to be a must have platform for any carrier. However, think Verizon will carry it. Not sure about AT&T though. They seem to have gone off Palm lately.
    i tried the Droid today for the first time. I was on Tmobile and very very happy. I live only in large cities with decent service. But i passed on G1 because android looked ugly to me. In fact the polished look of webos is what sold me (and the physical keyboard).

Android on the Droid is not ugly it's very nice. I can honestly say i'd probably be happy with it. I like my pre to an extent. i'm also extremely disappointed in some things i thought would be higher on the list of important things like music player for example. i figured given the quality of the iphone, and that it's built of a blockbuster musicplayers success a good music player was a no brainer. Not to mention i'd hope it would replace my ipod. MY pre hasn't. I still carry two devices which is annoying. But when it comes time to buy a new device, right now, a webos device is behind both an Iphone and an Android device. That's just me.

but i can say i was impressed. it was slick, not utilitarian or ugly like the first android version. not to mention the facebook app looked good. And even the other crap they had pre-loaded looked somewhat decent. it wasn't remotely laggy like my pre is and i like a landscape keyboard though i thought it was a bit awkward. That said my experience with the pre has led me to think i can now live without a physical keyboard. it's not as big a deal anymore.

And what about new iphones?

Apple updates their phones pretty consistently. either hardware or software upgrades. They are due for both. And there are plenty reports of new iphones being beta tested now. New iPhone May be in Beta - PC World

Think of it. maybe a new updated design. Maybe from 32GBs to 64GB models. Adding a 5 megapixel camera, 8 megapixel? a flash? a whole new version of the mobile OS? Maybe adding multitasking and and more power? Does anyone really think Apple is is just sitting around doing nothing. Not looking at the competition? Not thinking about how to stay top dog with their cash cow? I doubt it. They don't consistently beat earnings expectations by being a backwards thinking poorly run company.

Add to that they are supposed to come off exclusivity mid next year. or that's what i heard. How would a 64bit 5 megapixel with flash and a new O.S. and new hardware stack up against a pre? Personally i think it would do exceptionally well. I think Palm must not rest on it's laurels. it can't be remotely satisfied with where it is now. With what it's done. I think it has to look at the market and at how quickly phones come and go. So they have to be on top of their game. And start being the best and not just good enough to get by.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 12/03/2009 at 12:24 AM.