Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
  2. #2  
    Without the ease of use that comes with webOS gestures this seems less intuitive to use then waht we can do in the Pre and Pixi.
  3. #3  
    WebOS still beats it hands down, you don't have to access anything special to multi-task, and you defiantly don't have to hold down the Home Button to make it do so. It'd get really tedious really fast that way.
  4. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #4  
    Are you guys serious right now?
    That's legit...

    webos might be easier but the fact that the iphone's is still easy to use... I mean uh...
    That alone can put iphone above the droid...
    I hate to say it :/.

    Now all the Iphone needs is ease of navigatuon (easy as the Pre) and that alone can void a reason to buy the Pre. That and synergy. UGH.
    Last edited by Kedar; 11/30/2009 at 11:01 AM.
  5. neoncorey's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #5  
    Damn that has come a long way since I had the iPhone. Check this one out.....maybe even more functional.


    Backgrounder + Kirikae = much better multi-tasking then WebOS currently. Only for the reason of everything about it is fast!!!!

    Please Palm fix this ridiculous lag in our phones.
  6. Goyena's Avatar
    Posts
    893 Posts
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    #6  
    Calculator: 1,337?

    I saw what he did there...
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  7. migs's Avatar
    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    #7  
    iPhone OS not designed from ground up for multitasking therefore, the battery life will take an EXTREME hit.
  8.    #8  
    Yeah I feel you on the lag issues. And the battery is still not optimized on the Pre either it seems sometimes, I mean I have to run patches to get the phone to how I like it. I love the pre so far but still the lagginess is getting old, but I do see how the home button press would get tedious also.

    But Bigger Screen and Glass etc...hmmm Ill wait till next June, July to see what they bring out and decide then. unless Pre 2 is ready to go
  9. Habious's Avatar
    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Calculator: 1,337?

    I saw what he did there...
    I noticed that every time he brought up the calculator (on both iPhones) that it had "1,337".

    Does that number mean something? Is there some significance to it?
  10. #10  
    Oh my. Definitely better than nothing, but like was said above, not very intuitive. I hate to say this, but the one thing creepy palm girl said really defines the Pre. It's like when you are driving and all the lights are green. There is something almost intangible with the Pre that makes the interface a thing of beauty. When I am flying around, switching apps without thinking about it, going back with gestures, its just seamless. As geeky as it is to say, its the closest experience I've had to movies like Iron Man and Minority Report.

    Granted, for the iphone just being able to run more than 1 app at a time would be a big improvement, but it just can't match that seamless feel of the Pre. You have to remember to "background" an app, you have to hit that button to switch and closing looks irritating, can't just throw it off the screen.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    I noticed that every time he brought up the calculator (on both iPhones) that it had "1,337".

    Does that number mean something? Is there some significance to it?
    it is 1337 as in "LeeT" as in elite. Ignorant people(most of the time ignorant) would scream this at people while playing video games, it is mainly a sin of childishness in my opinion. But everyon has their own views...
  12. #12  
    If iphone comes to Sprint, then I'll think about it. Otherwise, AT&T's crap network and overpriced plans can kiss my tookis!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  13. Goyena's Avatar
    Posts
    893 Posts
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    I noticed that every time he brought up the calculator (on both iPhones) that it had "1,337".

    Does that number mean something? Is there some significance to it?
    Hax0r-sp33k. Click here for more.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
  14. #14  
    why does everyone have to jump into the forums with all this guess what iphone can do or droid or whatever nonsense this is a pre/pixi website dedicated to people who want to get the most from their device
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    why does everyone have to jump into the forums with all this guess what iphone can do or droid or whatever nonsense this is a pre/pixi website dedicated to people who want to get the most from their device
    Understandable and I do have a Pre and the reason I dont have an iPhone is because everyone has one and where I work everyone has one, and I work at Apple and Support iPhones since the very first generation. When you say get more out of my Pre, thats why I post that here, I want my Pre like everyone else to be smooth as water with no lag, Its all about comparisons I guess, but I watched the review of the HTC HD 2 and I was was in awe and want that screen size and that fluidity but will never go back to a WinMo phone again.. but then looking at the Zune HD I want a phone that can have that processor and move like that...all Gadgets I love em all lol
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    I hate to say this, but the one thing creepy palm girl said really defines the Pre. It's like when you are driving and all the lights are green.
    Yeah, well she forgot to mention you're driving through NY Rush hour sometimes.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by likeobama View Post
    Yeah, well she forgot to mention you're driving through NY Rush hour sometimes.
    Well said. I am DEFINITELY having a NY rush hour day today. I am about to chuck it into a wall!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    If iphone comes to Sprint, then I'll think about it. Otherwise, AT&T's crap network and overpriced plans can kiss my tookis!
    truer words have never been spoken.
  19. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by likeobama View Post
    Yeah, well she forgot to mention you're driving through NY Rush hour sometimes.
    This was posted yesterday and you trolled in that thread too. Try this website instead. Bye troll.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!

Posting Permissions