Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just a mnor caveat to those thinking this is a Pre bash ...... it is not but just a an observation from someone who has owend and loved his pre since day one.

I have had the Pre since day one and with a minor hiatus from it during those rough between patch upgrade periods I must say it was and still is great phone, but unfortunetely it is not enough in this day and age to just be great you must be amazing in both form and function.

So as someone with 30 years of electronics experience can tell you from Iphones to Blackberries to Pres and back again ........... the Droid running Android 2.0 is the best phone/operating system on the market today.

Let me begin by saying that Android is a wonderful operating system as is the Web OS but when you pair a great operating system with a great piece of hardware like the Droid.........it is truly an amazing experience that you must try yourself to really appreciate. I recommend going to Verizon and just testing one out and you will see what I mean. No lag of any kind when opening apps..........you want video you got it you want high res photos quickly....you got it....... you want thousands of apps that rather than a few hundred....... you have that too............all with a keyboard that is actually functional.

Listen, I like you am a electronics nerd always looking for the best bang for the buck and the proof is in the pudding with the Droid.........hands down the best phone and best operating system.

If it was just Apple and Palm this would be a great outcome for the Pre sadly it is not a two man race but a three and the gorilla in the room has just blown his first fart and boy is it smelly...............google will dominate the phone market in the coming few years as Apple has backed themselves into a corner.

Good luck to you Pre owners out there but I must say if you want the best experience on a smart phone it is the Droid period end of story.

Just my opinion of course so don't get all crazy on here.
    Congrats. Enjoy yourself.
    nice sales pitch
    This signature for rent
    great first post
    I am digging the Droid as well. Friend at work has one, and I love it.

Hopefully Sprint has this OS/Phone when my contract is up. If not, its off to Verizon I go.
    your right. The Pre wont last much longer....Pre 2 will be announced at CES. I wonder where this guy was when the G1 came out? Singing the praise then?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    You came all the way here for that?
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I have heard all the android fragmentation is really holding back any development. And it will only get worse from here on out.

Currently, android has 3 active firmware versions, and countless manufacturers. It takes a long time to develop apps for all these OS's.

We have yet to see where this leads. The best thing android has going for it, may end up being what slows it down the most.
    If you wanted to make a sales pitch for the Droid seems like you could put it in the right forum, the cross-platform. Is there a point to this post other than you love your new phone and you think it's the end all and be all? I can find as many people who think the same of Blackberry and WinMo. Everyone has their opinion and their favorite phone. There's not a phone out there that will convince me to pay Verizon's rates.
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    If you wanted to make a sales pitch for the Droid seems like you could put it in the right forum, the cross-platform. Is there a point to this post other than you love your new phone and you think it's the end all and be all? I can find as many people who think the same of Blackberry and WinMo. Everyone has their opinion and their favorite phone. There's not a phone out there that will convince me to pay Verizon's rates.
    Gee, really you think there might be room in the estimated 159 million units of smartphones sold globally this year for more than 3 players? I think so too...lets hope this guy didnt quite his day job....Android is great, Apple is awesome, Palm Rocks and Rimm has some tricks up their sleeve still. Don't forget Maemo and all of a sudden its not a 3 os fight either...choice is good for consumers....NOONE will have it all. And you dont need half of it to be profitable either!!!!!!!!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    1,008 Global Posts
    Droid is OK, but if you think it's an iPhone killer, you're nuts. A future Android device, maybe. But I am sure not ready to settle for what the Droid has to offer right now. They can do better.
    One huge turn off with the Droid is Verizon's early termination fee - $350. In two years you may be already sick of it but still tied to Verizon. That is a problem.

Verizon is doing it just like AT&T. Get a killer device, shackle and squeeze your customers for the privilege to use it.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    there is a 30+ page thread on HowardForums alone in regards to the Droid and it's own multitude of problems. every phone and every OS has them.

Android will remain number 2 or most likely jump up to number one over Apple, but Android in itself is far from perfect. like mentioned above, having 3 revisions in the wild is NOT a good thing for maturity and development and the phones running HTC's UI are held back by HTC as well.

The Droid, hardware wise, while nicely constructed, still hasn't fallen far enough from the Motorola tree. Is it one of the best phones on the market right now? absolutely. is it the end all be all? maybe for some, but not all.

thanks for stopping by.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by s219 View Post
    Droid is OK, but if you think it's an iPhone killer, you're nuts. A future Android device, maybe. But I am sure not ready to settle for what the Droid has to offer right now. They can do better.
    Ok but when I compare the Pre to the Droid feature to feature the Pre loses every battle in fact the Iphone almost loses every battle except for the amount of apps. The pre keyboard was not that functional when I was using it and apps would get stuck loading .......I mean even the OS took like 3 minutes to boot up........just a thought.
    the Droid keyboard is unanimously one of it's worst hardware/design features........

i personally think that Apple and Palm's OS's beat out Android as far as intuitive usability. HTC's GUI bumps it up significantly. otherwise, it's like a massaged Windows Mobile interface.
    Next!! this thread sucks..
    look at my signature
  18.    #18  
    I feel you about the keyboard not being the best but the Droid actually has a learning curve on it while I found the Keyboard on the Pre to just never work functionally. Nothing is ever going to be perfect and that is for sure but I am not talking about the G1 or my touch or any of those phones as they are actually lame compared to the Pre ........... This is strictly the Droid vs Pre I am offering up and I tell you to just check one out and let it do the talking for you..............the best phone/PDA/everything device so far no question........... also the network is awesome.......but I did like Sprint too.
    Yeah but the Droid is on Verizon. Who wants to pay that?
    I've played with the droid... Its not that great... Love the screen though..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast