1.    #1  
    In Ephraim Schwartz Inforworld Column http://www.infoworld.com/articles/op...pwireless.xml, he mentions how popular Pamms are on the BART.

I find the same to be true in theNYC subway system. Palm devices are way ahead (I'm talking high 90s). Since I got my first Hansping 2.5 years ago, I'm sure I have seen more Blackberrys (3-4) than Pocket PC.

The funny thing is that today I saw another IPAQ, but right in front of him there was a guy with a Palm V. BTW, the Plam V and its ilk seem to blow all the other devices away. I once saw 3 people using them in one car.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I have seen only about 2 people (outside my work environment) in all of Toronto with with a PDA the past 6 months. New York City probably has more PDAs than all of Canada combined...a pity.
    I have to agree that Palms rule the subway(well atleast the NYC subway). I do see a PPC once in a while, but everyday I see Palm OS based devices. I've seen Palm the whole gamut of Palm devices on the subway. Palm III/IIIe/IIIx/V/Vx/m500/m505 very few Palm VII, All of the Sony Clies, a lot of Visors as well. I've seen very few TRG/Handera devices. There also are a lot of Palm OS users on the Long Island Rail Road.

I'm guessing the high frequency we see these users is directly related to the smaller size Palm based devices are.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    sorry for extra post
    Last edited by mikedemo; 02/22/2002 at 03:54 PM.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Honestly, I haven't seen that many handhelds on the SEPTA system at all. However, every handheld I've seen has been Palm based and almost every one is a Handspring of some kind That makes up for the lack of quantity in my view...
    DLPanther
    "When All Else Fails, Improvise!"
    Originally posted by yardie
    I have seen only about 2 people (outside my work environment) in all of Toronto with with a PDA the past 6 months. New York City probably has more PDAs than all of Canada combined...a pity.
    i'm sure a lot of that has to do with the fact that almost the entire population of canada could fit into NYC

anyway, we have no subways here, but there are quite a few people in the hospital I work at that have PDAs. Most tend towards the Palm variety, but I've managed to steer a few people towards handspring. Part of my mission is to educate people I encounter on the capabilities and powers of a PDA. For the most part, the people I encounter are just using them as glorified dayplanners. I like to show them how much more a PDA can be.
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    Version: 3.12
    GS d-(+) s: a C++ UX++++V++S++ P+>+++ L>+++ E+>++ W++ N++(+++) o? K? w !O !M V-- PS PE Y+ PGP++ t++ 5++ X++ R+ tv++ b++(+++) DI++++ D+ G++ e+++>++++ h--- r+++ y?
    -----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by imabug

i'm sure a lot of that has to do with the fact that almost the entire population of canada could fit into NYC

anyway, we have no subways here, but there are quite a few people in the hospital I work at that have PDAs. Most tend towards the Palm variety, but I've managed to steer a few people towards handspring. Part of my mission is to educate people I encounter on the capabilities and powers of a PDA. For the most part, the people I encounter are just using them as glorified dayplanners. I like to show them how much more a PDA can be.
    I too work in a hopital (OMH), I have seen several Pocket PCs, but even here Palms rule. With (suprisingly) handspring out front.

This will change when we (TIS) roll out Ipaqs that will be use to access patient records wirelessly. :-(
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by imabug

IAMABUG. If you weren't Canadian I would be ready to pound you hehehe. Lots of Americans see Canada as anothe Minnesota and think that we have eskimos and igloos and have winter all through year.