Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 62
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    I think it's rude of you to tell him that you think it's rude for him to bash his brother in-law.

    So fuxin' what?
    I think it is rude to tell him that you think its rude to tell him that he thinks its rude for him to bash his brother in-law.

    anybody else got any stupid thoughts?
  2. #42  
    wow why is it rude to have a heated convo with my bro in law? ya att pays his bills. so what..are we tearing each others heads off? no

    my point is regardless what positives i throw at him as to why i have sprint and would never go to att or use a iphone he doesnt listen..why? cause he is just a average user..like his hd went out is he dell last month.. instead of just paying 50 buck and getting a new one and have me install it.. it just sits there..and he is gonna get a mac cause no worries bout getting a virus...lol i mean come on..i dont care u want a mac..thats fine and dandy..but to let a perfectly good laptop sit there cause u dont want to put the effort in to fix it..is a waste.. its the same with att u pay more for less..( around here that is ) he praises the iphone and att..good for him. but it dont work for me..thats my point..I have a way better exp with sprint and its cheaper..
    thats the only thing i argue to him about...but they are *******..and only use info they see on tv or read in ads..while i come in with solid proof..and i still get knocked down.lol

    I dont hate the iphone nor att.. just the attitude that some people show because they own one.. and ignorance that they use to claim the iphone is the be all end all.. Im not perfect by all means.. im just your average joe.. that does his homework and doesnt follow trends.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    I think it's rude of you to tell him that you think it's rude for him to bash his brother in-law.

    So fuxin' what?
    I think your posts are pointless and inane.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritcrusher34 View Post
    wow why is it rude to have a heated convo with my bro in law? ya att pays his bills. so what..are we tearing each others heads off? no

    my point is regardless what positives i throw at him as to why i have sprint and would never go to att or use a iphone he doesnt listen..why? cause he is just a average user..like his hd went out is he dell last month.. instead of just paying 50 buck and getting a new one and have me install it..
    You said your brother-in-law worked for AT&T. He would be an ***** to use Sprint and he would be an ***** to admit that Sprint is better.

    I thought it ironic that you were complaining about people arguing pointlessly on the internet and then arguing pointlessly with their in-laws.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    I think your posts are pointless and inane.
    I think it's rude, pointless, and inane for you to tell me that my posts are pointless and inane!!

    Do you understand how long this can go on?

    This is why it's be best for you to do you... And I'll do me. K?

    There's only one pet peeve I have and that's people like you interjecting your irrelevant, personal opinions into a discussion board. It is off-topic and drags the discussion even farther off-topic. So just do you.

    What other posts of mine are "inane" btw? That ome you quoted was definitely on topic since you brought it up.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    You said your brother-in-law worked for AT&T. He would be an ***** to use Sprint and he would be an ***** to admit that Sprint is better.

    I thought it ironic that you were complaining about people arguing pointlessly on the internet and then arguing pointlessly with their in-laws.

    bah nevermind..its not worth it.lol

    everyone has something smart to say. yes i did rant on for a bit.. but my rants were to me in the right..and me and my bro in law talk bout stuff like that all the time..the whole point is ( again ) sprint and the pre works for me. i save money have great coverage and the palm pre.. I'm happy..and its because im happy that people like my bro in law have to chime in all the time saying his iphone can do this and that etc.. Its like he is jealous that im content with what i have.. and thats what im talking bout. i dont have to say anything..its brought up..so i defend myself.. but in good fun...

    i just dont get why people have to be rude and a smart ***.. bout **** all the time..i guess its just this forum.. my other 2 forums i am at all the time we are like a family we argue laugh and have a good time.. people here are too damn fragile..

    anyway to the mature people thanks.. to the rude people shut up and enjoy your phone.lol

    good day..
  7. #47  
    Holy crap... And I thought some of the other threads got off topic...
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    There's only one pet peeve I have and that's people like you interjecting your irrelevant, personal opinions into a discussion board. It is off-topic and drags the discussion even farther off-topic. So just do you.
    My pet peeve is people (like you) who get into long technical arguements when they clearly don't understand what it is they are talking about (e.g. your long and nonsensical posts about the Pre's GPU).
  9. #49  
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    My pet peeve is people (like you) who get into long technical arguements when they clearly don't understand what it is they are talking about (e.g. your long and nonsensical posts about the Pre's GPU).
    Soo... you want to drag the thread off-topic some more, eh?

    You're telling me that the CPU *doesn't* jump from ~20% to 96% simply from SCROLLING in the Contacts list, or the App Catalog list, or Preware's list, or just scrolling on a webpage??

    Are you telling me that if the GPU hooks were functional in webOS... that the CPU would STILL jump 76% from simply SCROLLING?!?

    http://forums.precentral.net/general...sks-webos.html

    Jump to that thread if you have any information that I'm unaware of. This isn't the place. Then you can tell me what it is that I don't understand. From the sounds of it, you don't understand jack.
  11. #51  
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's exactly what started this whole tangent.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Soo... you want to drag the thread off-topic some more, eh?

    You're telling me that the CPU *doesn't* jump from ~20% to 96% simply from SCROLLING in the Contacts list, or the App Catalog list, or Preware's list, or just scrolling on a webpage??

    Are you telling me that if the GPU hooks were functional in webOS... that the CPU would STILL jump 76% from simply SCROLLING?!?

    http://forums.precentral.net/general...sks-webos.html

    Jump to that thread if you have any information that I'm unaware of. This isn't the place. Then you can tell me what it is that I don't understand. From the sounds of it, you don't understand jack.
    LMFAO!!!

  14. #54  
    I gave you a link if you'd like to participate where the conversation would actually be ON-topic.
  15. Adjei's Avatar
    Posts
    277 Posts
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    True but Apple has maintained that profitability by pricing their product 50% - 100% more than their competitors offerings and creating an almost cult like following.

    I am not sure Palm can compete with Apple in that market segment since Apple already has a stranglehold on it and is much better at it than Palm (or anyone else for that matter).
    Where is the data that the iphone is more than 50 to hundred percent more than it's competition?
  16. Adjei's Avatar
    Posts
    277 Posts
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    "Motorola Might Sell 1M Droids By Year's End"

    "estimates place current sales between 700,000 and 800,000. That makes reaching the one million units sold milestone (pun intended) within Motorola's grasp."

    http://www.informationweek.com/blog/...RSKH4ATMY32JVN
    Those aren't verifiable information. Those are just estimates. No one knows how many have been sold. Just like no one knows the amount of Pres have been sold to this date.
  17. Adjei's Avatar
    Posts
    277 Posts
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    i think it should be noted that according the Apple's SEC filings more then half of apple's 2009 Q3 revenue comes from Ipods, iphones, and music sales. That is none computer stuff. Those three areas account for 4.14 Billion dollars in revenue while desktops and laptops account for 3.33 billion. It should also be noted that the remaining revenue of 869 million comes from "software, services, and peripherals." What that all entails requires a more detailed reading and i have to get back to important work of prestiging again in Modern Warfare 2, but i think one could argue that in some way that could at least partially be related to computers. But it could also be non computer items like apple tv, data storage, tech support, etc. So possibly related to computers. But i think the salient point about Apple that at least investors are well aware of is that that 3.33 billion dollars that is compter sales has been in freefall in recent years. Desktops revenue is down 20+% and laptops are down 2%. Hey maybe some of that is the economy. but the decline started in desktop sales has hit all PC manufactures and has been going on for a while so i doubt it's just an economy thing. By contrast Ipods are down 11% from last year. But Iphone sales up 303% from last year. Music up 17% from last year this time.

    It is right though to point out it's also about profitability for palm. Apple is good cause they are profitable and consistently so. You're absolutely right that apple has other stuff to fall back on. Which means they can afford to make a lot more mistakes then say Palm. But the Ipod and the Iphone are Apple's bread and butter right now. Not it's computer sales. That stuff is declining. At least at the moment.
    Yes Apple selling more and more computers each time they release their numbers means its declining.
  18. #58  
    there must be an anteater somewhere around these parts....
  19. #59  
    i like turtles !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  20. #60  
    I had verizon for about a month, until i realized just how crippled and controlled their phone was. That was several years ago. I dont know if they are still like that, but if they are, I would never want a smart phone through them.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions