Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    i am a windows user, and not interested for some reason in the pre or the pixi.

i dont know why but i didnt like the pro that much. right now im on the 800 for sprint. when is the next version of windows phone coming out for treo?
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    lol
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Palm is no longer doing any OS's besides Web OS. There will be no Palm or Windows updates - focusing on Web OS only
    Never.
    Windows mobile is the biggest abortion to hit cell phones, I used to hate the HTC touch, it was a crappy slow POS, recently I added it to Boost CDMA and have Android 1.6 running on it, works flawlessly with next to zero lag, even less than my G1 has! I dont know why anyone likes windows mobile to begin with, such a memory/resource parasite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Tech View Post
    Windows mobile is the biggest abortion to hit cell phones, I used to hate the HTC touch, it was a crappy slow POS, recently I added it to Boost CDMA and have Android 1.6 running on it, works flawlessly with next to zero lag, even less than my G1 has! I dont know why anyone likes windows mobile to begin with, such a memory/resource parasite.
    But how do you really feel?

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I think he likes M$
    I feel sad that Palm stopped supporting WM. The Treo Pro is one of the best WM phones. Heck, I even miss the 800w even with all the probs it had. Palm was a good WM OEM...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    stick with the Treo Pro and you cant go wrong for a long time. The new Windows OS is a bigger pain in the .
    According to Palm;
    Never

I know many dislike WM.
    But I Like it.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    According to Palm;
    Never

I know many dislike WM.
    But I Like it.
    and is there any documentation on this or them posting this information anywhere?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Whats the odds of Web OS competing in the business market (secure vpn access, encryption support, ms exchange/outlook compatability)?
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTTi View Post
    and is there any documentation on this or them posting this information anywhere?
    yes:

Palm Focusing Exclusively on webOS Going Forward

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    wow this isnt good news for me. even though there are some freeze and issues i have here and there with my treo 800, im not interested in using anything else...im a windows user and i enjoy the windows interface. not happy knowing they arent going forward with windows cell phones....

i wasnt impressed with the palm pre at all when i saw it @ sprint. so what is a good phone that i might want to look at similar to the treo 800? should i start wandering over to the blackberry world?
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    According to Palm;
    Never

I know many dislike WM.
    But I Like it.
    My thoughts exactly.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    so what is a good windows mobile phone then other than the palm versions? is the htc pro ones good?
    i think its coming out in january sometime ......................he he heheh
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I admittedly liked the WM OS as well, after some time, but I think that's the same with any interface/OS. Once you get used to it you like it more.

Sadly, I'm facing switching to a different phone OS as well. Looks like I'm going to go with an Android based phone. It's projected to exceed iPhone's market share in a few years and I need to settle on a platform with some legs so I can play around with developing for it.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    well i am eye balling the htc pro phones. are they good phones? whats the word on those?
    if you absolutely positively must use a Windows Mobile based phone, the Touch Pro 2 is the hands down best.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast