Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTTi View Post
    so what is a good windows mobile phone then other than the palm versions? is the htc pro ones good?
    The HTC HD2 looks simply amazing. It's not out in the US yet, but should be out "early 2010".

It runs WinMo 6.5 with HTC Sense and looks absolutely amazing. While it isn't perfect what smartphone platform is? Here's the review...

Also note, this is hot stuff! As in VERY RECENT! Good luck!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    The HTC HD2 looks simply amazing. It's not out in the US yet, but should be out "early 2010".

It runs WinMo 6.5 with HTC Sense and looks absolutely amazing. While it isn't perfect what smartphone platform is? Here's the review...

Also note, this is hot stuff! As in VERY RECENT! Good luck!
    im on sprint services....i dont think that model is used on sprint. is the htc pro 2 good??
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    if you absolutely positively must use a Windows Mobile based phone, the Touch Pro 2 is the hands down best.
    ya i think im eye balling that model of phone...
    Well here's why I think Palm is ditching WiMo.

1. WebOS is Linux based, its easy to write code for an open system and there are no license fees.
    2. Palm has direct control over WebOS, it can add or remove features and not rely on a 3rd party company.
    3. WiMo has never really been a popular format, its not user friendly, and doesn't attract new users.
    4. WiMo is losing market share.
    5. Uses Linux and Java which run on anything hardware and are easy to port or build apps for.
    6. Coolness factor as well. WiMo looks like a boring old desktop, WebOS can be customized and GUI enhancements.
    +1 for tp2. i use that one during the week for work and the hero on the week ends
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    I admittedly liked the WM OS as well, after some time, but I think that's the same with any interface/OS. Once you get used to it you like it more.

Sadly, I'm facing switching to a different phone OS as well. Looks like I'm going to go with an Android based phone. It's projected to exceed iPhone's market share in a few years and I need to settle on a platform with some legs so I can play around with developing for it.
    I am not sure if I believe those projections. I do think that Android will at least be the number 3 platform after Apple & RIM and WM will probably be the number 4 platform with a tiny market share.

I strongly considered replacing my PalmOS device with a WM device such as the Treo Pro. Palms decision to abandon that platform as well was one negative, the other was the clunky screen real estate wasting UI (turns a 320x320 screen into a 320x240 screen).

However, I found it impossible to resist the Blackberry Bold 9700 which was selling for $50 last weekend. A bit boring but very fast and comes with a beautiful 480x360 res screen. Web browsing is not brilliant but better than PalmOS or WM.
    Last edited by ADGrant; 12/12/2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: model number error
    I liked winmo also. It was probably just to complicated for some people. And everything my pre dont do, it did fine. The webos has no depth at all. I'm starting to consider an android, just to have a robust os again.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    i went to the sprint store and was checking out the htc pro 2 demo, and they were having a issue with it...the phone wouldnt rotate back to regular view...it was locked or something in the sideway format...

so even while playing with the phone as it was, i wasnt impressed at all with it. having to slide my phone up to use the keypad reminds me of my sidekick days. i dunno, i just didnt feel the phone.

i was checking out the other models of window mobile phones, and i saw the samsung intrepid, that had a feel of the treo, but the icon layout was all nutballs. we shall see what i go with soon
    Aww I was hoping to check out a Palm device with the upcoming Windows Mobile 7 OS.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12