Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by eightdrunkengods View Post
    Screen - I think the Pre wins here. Visually they both look great but my experience has been that the Pre's screen responds better to touch. This is especially noticeable when you pinch-to-zoom or work near the edges of the screen. The Hero isn't bad but the Pre is clearly more responsive.
    I noticed the responsiveness during the pinch-to-zoom as well but that was the only time I really noticed any issue with the screen responsiveness.I thought it might have more to do with the browser itself or the pinch-to-zoom feature in the OS rather than the screen itself.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    eight, thanks for the info:

Quote Originally Posted by eightdrunkengods View Post
    Yes. All of your contacts are in one place and you can "link" mail, phone, facebook, etc.
    I haven't looked at this yet. I provided a Hero to a former 800w user, but he only has an Exchange account - no other personal email/calendar accounts.

Another user bought her own Droid, I set it up today.

The calendar combines your various calendars (Outlook, Gmail, etc) and is similar in the functions it performs but is operated a little differently and is more customizable.
    Interestingly, the Droid has separate EAS and Google calendar apps and separate EAS and GMail apps. I was unable to get the Droid to connect to her ISP email account, so I couldn't test if it used the same mail app as EAS.

This is a killer for me. I have EAS, Google (mail, calendar and contacts), a personal IMAP account, and Facebook. Synergy on the Pre is wonderful because it smoothly links all of the above while keeping the data sources separate.

After years of work-arounds to keep things from mixing together on WinMo and PalmOS, I finally have one unified Inbox, Calendar and Address Book on the Pre - without my personal data ending up on the company server!

While I like the Hero's quality and the smoothness of the SenseUI, the balkanization of the PIM data is a downer (at least now that I've had the Pre for six months).

Since Android is open-source, let's hope someone is working on a Synergy work-alike.

Thanks again for your input, eight. Enjoy your weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsage View Post

Interestingly, the Droid has separate EAS and Google calendar apps and separate EAS and GMail apps. I was unable to get the Droid to connect to her ISP email account, so I couldn't test if it used the same mail app as EAS.

This is a killer for me. I have EAS, Google (mail, calendar and contacts), a personal IMAP account, and Facebook. Synergy on the Pre is wonderful because it smoothly links all of the above while keeping the data sources separate.

After years of work-arounds to keep things from mixing together on WinMo and PalmOS, I finally have one unified Inbox, Calendar and Address Book on the Pre - without my personal data ending up on the company server!
    Oh, whoops, I didn't explain myself well enough. There are different mail apps - one for Gmail and one for all your IMAP, POP and EAS email. I have Gmail and two IMAP accounts set up. Your contacts are all in one place and you can link facebook, email, phone, etc. contacts just like you can on the Pre. You can have all your calendars on the one Hero/Android calendar app as long as you can sync your other calendars with your gmail calendar. As I said, it's a lot easier to set up on the Pre but you can get it done with out too much work on the Hero/Android.

It might be possible to set up Gmail as IMAP. I'll play with this over the weekend and see if I can get the one mail program to work with everything. Now that you pointed it out, it's bothering me.

Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    I noticed the responsiveness during the pinch-to-zoom as well but that was the only time I really noticed any issue with the screen responsiveness.I thought it might have more to do with the browser itself or the pinch-to-zoom feature in the OS rather than the screen itself.
    Oh, good call. Pinch-and-zoom on the Hero feels different depending on what program you're using. If it feels different on a Pre, it's probably a credit to WebOS and its browser and not to the Pre screen.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12