Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    * Before i go on, let me just say that i still believe the PrPrPr&#$275$; $has$ $miles$ $to$ $go$ $to$ $get$ $with$ $the$ $program$, $in$ $regards$ $to$ $functionality$. *
    Yesterday, after I fed my dog, (the one with the 'notification nags', which she implements when she wants me to take her for a walk) (strange, that even my DOG has 'notification nags') - Umm... Where was I?
    Oh! Yes. After i fed my dog, i went to the Sprint store to have a 'moment' with the Moment and to 'touch' the TP2. As soon as i picked up the TP2, i knew i didn't like it. This was a phone that i was looking forward to for months and it just seemed so 'type-writer-ish' to me when i finally got my hands on it.
    The Moment was nicer, imo, I really liked the keyboard on it, but the face of the phone looks sooo ordinary. Not to mention, until Android 2.0 comes to Sprint; i think this version of Android just seems to be an updated version of WinMo.
    Needless to say (and you probably won't believe this), but i couldn't wait to leave the store and walk back QUICKLY to my car (an '03 Eclipse) (just sayin'), to swish cards around on my PrPrPr&#$275$;, $just$ $for$ $the$ $helluvit$. $I$ $ACTUALLY$ $MISSED$ $MY$ $PR$ $for$ $the$ $few$ $minutes$ $i$ $was$ '$cheating$' $on$ $it$!!
    Yes, it still needs ALOT of work. BUT- nothing really feels better in my hands (cell phone wise, heh heh), than the PrPrPr&#$275$;. $Between$ $the$ $rounded$ $riverstone$ $feel$ $when$ $it$'$s$ $closed$ $and$ $the$ $EASE$ $of$ $navigation$ $between$ $open$ $cards$... $I$ $just$ $appreciate$ $my$ $Pr$&#$275$; $that$ $much$ $more$ $now$.
    Don't you worry though, i'll still be critical if i find reason to.
    *** Mods: Please try not to put this into the 'cross-platform' chat. I really want people to see this, and THIS is the forum that gets the most views. And, PreCentral just so happens to be MY FAVORITE WEBSITE. Thank you.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 11/23/2009 at 09:20 AM.
    Apology accepted.

Too funny to pass up.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I have the Hero and still find myself migrating back to my Pre.....it does the things it CAN do very well. Lets just hope Palm keeps pressing forward soon (more robust SDK)
    There are a number of things I miss about the Pre and WebOS. I'm hoping the next six months yield a bounty of OS completion, added features, and new hardware along with significant carrier attention elsewhere in America.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Too funny to pass up.
    Thank you thank u.
    Do you feel "dirty" after touching the other phones?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman1 View Post
    Do you feel "dirty" after touching the other phones?
    You know- that's funny, actually. I think i did look around as i left the store to see if any of my neighbors saw me!
  8.    #8  
    I just wanted to say, 'Thank You' to the mods for not moving this thread. I appppPREciate it.
    Sadly, here we are, over a year after the last post in this thread and the Pre STILL NEEDS WORK!

What a disappointment.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Sadly, here we are, over a year after the last post in this thread and the Pre STILL NEEDS WORK!

What a disappointment.
    It's not all doom and gloom. In many ways the Pre is better than all the other sexy studs out there - EVO, Epic, and the like. Just remember that everyone (every phone) looks better when you first meet them, but after a while you learn that they have dirty little secrets too. All the androids (except for the Nexus One) have to be jail broken (sort of like taming a wild horse) before they will offer any independence from the carriers. The Nexus One is more like a cheating spouse that is still in bed with the carriers even though he says he isn't! The Pre - on the other hand - is a faithful spouse that didn't get everything on the "honey do list" accomplished, but is always there for those who love him and even for those who want a fling but later decide to come back. Mr Pre will be there for you too - verwon. We know you'll begin to miss him after a while and you will be back!

--
    Bob
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    It's not all doom and gloom. In many ways the Pre is better than all the other sexy studs out there - EVO, Epic, and the like. Just remember that everyone (every phone) looks better when you first meet them, but after a while you learn that they have dirty little secrets too. All the androids (except for the Nexus One) have to be jail broken (sort of like taming a wild horse) before they will offer any independence from the carriers. The Nexus One is more like a cheating spouse that is still in bed with the carriers even though he says he isn't! The Pre - on the other hand - is a faithful spouse that didn't get everything on the "honey do list" accomplished, but is always there for those who love him and even for those who want a fling but later decide to come back. Mr Pre will be there for you too - verwon. We know you'll begin to miss him after a while and you will be back!

--
    Bob
    Ha ha ha! This shows you don't know me as well as you think you do!

But, nice try!
    Ha ha ha! This shows you don't know me as well as you think you do!

But, nice try!
    <<deleted - off-topic>>

Seriously, I really hope to learn a bit from your switch over to android. I think it's a pretty nice platform. My son's EVO is gorgeous! I hope you make the most of your new phone!

--
    Bob
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/26/2010 at 06:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    <<deleted - off-topic>>

Seriously, I really hope to learn a bit from your switch over to android. I think it's a pretty nice platform. My son's EVO is gorgeous! I hope you make the most of your new phone!

--
    Bob
    Oh, I'm already reading up on it to learn about it, so I know what I'm doing when it gets here.

As to predictable, yeah, you don't know me, at all.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/26/2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: edited quoted text
    <thread cleaned of 'bumps'>

**Please note, if this thread turns into another Pre vs. EVO/Droid/etc.. it will get moved to cross-platform.
    I am disillusioned.

And what many don't understand is that I don't get attached to stuff and can walk away from anything.
    Oh, I'm already reading up on it to learn about it, so I know what I'm doing when it gets here.

As to predictable, yeah, you don't know me, at all.
    enjoy your evo, i love mine. go to xda and if you root try the myn rom and also the sbc 4.2.2 kernel. you will love it!

im waiting to see what ces brings for webos phones "i fear nothing" but i may get a wp7 device next. the hd7 & focus are two awesome looking phones.
    <<thread moved>

...sorry dbd Hope this can still be your 'favorite website'!
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    enjoy your evo, i love mine. go to xda and if you root try the myn rom and also the sbc 4.2.2 kernel. you will love it!

im waiting to see what ces brings for webos phones "i fear nothing" but i may get a wp7 device next. the hd7 & focus are two awesome looking phones.
    No one could pay me enough to deal with Windows on a phone! No way!!

But thanks for the advice on the Evo, much appreciated.
    No one could pay me enough to deal with Windows on a phone! No way!!

But thanks for the advice on the Evo, much appreciated.
    Based on past productcs, I think I'd agree - but WM7 seems like a different beast and is probably worthy of serious consideration by those who claim to be objective.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Objectivity... Ew...
    *spits with disgust*
    I think you're suppressing your true feelings a little more than might be healthy!

"I'm Barf ... I'm a mog (half man and half dog) .. I'm my own best freind!"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast