Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    Based on past productcs, I think I'd agree - but WM7 seems like a different beast and is probably worthy of serious consideration by those who claim to be objective.
    wp7 is nothing like previous windows phones. go play with one and you will see. im just waiting for it to be unlocked and custom roms / UI's to come and ill buy one. im not sold on the metro UI at all. but i can tell you the phone design and the speed are outstanding. my hats off to microsoft on that.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    <<thread moved>

...sorry dbd Hope this can still be your 'favorite website'!
    lol ltm ltm
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    wp7 is nothing like previous windows phones. go play with one and you will see. ...
    I haven't played with it myself but I've talked with a few owners are recent devices and I've seen them from a few feet away. Definitely not your father's Oldsmobile. More like a Lincoln or maybe even a Lexus. to M$FT!
    Last edited by sudoer; 12/27/2010 at 09:54 AM.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I haven't played with it myself but I've talks with a few owners are recent devices and I've seen them from a few feet away. Definitely not your father's Oldsmobile. More like a Lincoln or maybe even a Lexus. to M$FT!
    i just wish palm/hp would get their rears in gear here. they are really being left in the dust.
    WebOS is great, but without a strong development community and useful applications, they won't make it. Logic tells me that they have to have some good stuff to announce at CES. They need to announce both phones and tablets, as well as at least one "anchor, gotta have" application, and they need to pay/guarantee revenue for some other key app developers if they want to survive.
    No offense to OP, however this post has more of personal blog tone than anything to do with Cross-Platform chat: dog, dog nags, feed dog, trip to Sprint, drives seven year old Eclipse, and request from Mods for attention. I learned more about your personal habits than any cross platform discussion.

What was the actual Cross Platform stuff, did I miss it?
    WebOS is great, but without a strong development community and useful applications, they won't make it. Logic tells me that they have to have some good stuff to announce at CES. They need to announce both phones and tablets, as well as at least one "anchor, gotta have" application, and they need to pay/guarantee revenue for some other key app developers if they want to survive.
    agreed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    No offense to OP, however this post has more of personal blog tone than anything to do with Cross-Platform chat: dog, dog nags, feed dog, trip to Sprint, drives seven year old Eclipse, and request from Mods for attention. I learned more about your personal habits than any cross platform discussion.

What was the actual Cross Platform stuff, did I miss it?
    This thread was originally created in a different forum. It was moved here by a mod
    You can thank verwon for dredging up about 4 or 5 threads that had previously died a peaceful death. One or two of those threads were perhaps appropriately resurrected but IMHO, this thread was not one of them.
    You can thank verwon for dredging up about 4 or 5 threads that had previously died a peaceful death. One or two of those threads were perhaps appropriately resurrected but IMHO, this thread was not one of them.
    well it is kinda boring on here right now with no new news.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    well it is kinda boring on here right now with no new news.
    Agreed. There hasn't been much to do around here for quite some time. lol
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    lol, no real offense taken.
    Yeah she's a real Resurrection Voodoo Witch Priestess Working Mom Person
    I didn't mean to imply any of that stuff. I was just making an observation (that perhaps I should have kept to myself).
    Yeah, you've got to love all the old threads (over a yr old) that go on and on about new devices right around the corner, yada, yada, yada... Here we are over a year later (with a lot fewer users) have the same conversations.

So, come next Christmas, I will revive one of these threads to see, historically, where we are at that point in time.

I love these revived threads because they are like little time capsules. We all thought the Pre and webOS was the bees knees, now it seems like a bee left outside too long on a cold December day and moving around quite lethargically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Yeah, you've got to love all the old threads (over a yr old) that go on and on about new devices right around the corner, yada, yada, yada... Here we are over a year later (with a lot fewer users) have the same conversations.

So, come next Christmas, I will revive one of these threads to see, historically, where we are at that point in time.

I love these revived threads because they are like little time capsules. We all thought the Pre and webOS was the bees knees, now it seems like a bee left outside too long on a cold December day and moving around quite lethargically.
    I kind of get the feeling we'll still be talking about what's coming around the corner in December 2011. Only next year it will be "well, that was HP's first attempt at making smartphones and the next generation will be much better. Plus, we're on the verge of cracking 8000 apps!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post

Yeah, in a way it's like a time machine and in a way it's even more painful than that. I've been hearing stories about how people are fed-up with Palm since the Treo 300 days. I'm one who has leaned to encourage/help others to realize that trying out another device is a healthy and fine thing to do. Some of those people have returned, but many more never will. History definitely repeats itself. The good news is there are currently many phone choices and I don't want this place to become a WebOS-snob community. People should always feel free to stay in conversations here without feeling shunned. That's usually the way things have played out here in VisorCentral->TreoCentral->PreCentral.

Historically we've always become antsy like we are now when Palm tries to brace us for the "long voyage" of "no news in device-land". CES will come and maybe Palm will surprise us (like they did 2 years ago) or maybe they'll lead a yawning session. If it's the latter they will be toast (so logic tells me they have to have a plan and share a couple of phones and a tablet with at least something available pretty soon afterward). Once again - only time will tell!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12