Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Can a non-touchscreen phone really have a good browsing experience?
    I think so. On my G1 I mostly used the trackball. For zooming I double tapped or tapped the zoom button, which can be any hardware shortcut key.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Don't agree. Sprint Everything family plans are very expensive for two people.
    Compared to what?

I now have 3 lines on our family plan and pay $30 less per month than I did for 2 on our previous carrier. The only difference in plans is I have 1500 anytime min on Sprint (vs unlimited previously). We have not come anywhere close to 800 min in 6 months (with pick5, free mobile-mobile and nights/weekends).

When I was shopping around to switch our provider Sprint was by far the cheapest and is the main reason I waited 6 months for the Pre to release before making the change. I wanted to go with Sprint (due to price) but not until they had a decent phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Compared to what?

I now have 3 lines on our family plan and pay $30 less per month than I did for 2 on our previous carrier. The only difference in plans is I have 1500 anytime min on Sprint (vs unlimited previously). We have not come anywhere close to 800 min in 6 months (with pick5, free mobile-mobile and nights/weekends).
    I pay less than $90 a month for two lines with a smartphone on one line and a regular phone on a voice only line. With Sprint, I either have to get seperate plans or pat about $130 for two lines.

The plan includes 550 anytime minutes but given that AT&T has rollover minutes and we have about 4700 of those, 550 is fine. It doesn't include text messages either but that only adds a couple of dollars a month to our bill.

All you can eat plans are only cheap if you have a big appetite.
    Bad as the BB browser is compared to a Pre or iPhone, it's way better than browsing the web on my 2.5G GSM Centro. The 9700 scrren is high res but you can zoom in with the browser which should help.
    Just tried Vonage which is one of the few mobile unfriendly sites I do need to be able to get to from my phone (to configure call forwarding etc). Happy to say that it renders very well on the 9700 (though I did need to use the zoom). However the page took a long time to load, I assume because the Blackberry JavaScript interpreter is so slow even on a Blackberry this fast. It wasn't the network since I was using wi-fi (I haven't even put the SIM card in the phone yet).

OTOH With the Centro, the same page took much longer to load and looked awful.
    I pay less than $90 a month for two lines with a smartphone on one line and a regular phone on a voice only line. With Sprint, I either have to get seperate plans or pat about $130 for two lines.

The plan includes 550 anytime minutes but given that AT&T has rollover minutes and we have about 4700 of those, 550 is fine. It doesn't include text messages either but that only adds a couple of dollars a month to our bill.

All you can eat plans are only cheap if you have a big appetite.
    Hmm. You must be getting discount or grandfathered pricing.

That plan is currently $59.99 + $9.99 for 1 added line + $35 for the Blackberry/Smartphone Data plan. That's $104.98.
    And Nights/Weekends start at 9pm.

But I can see how it is a little cheaper. One thing that may be worth looking into is Sprint Employee discounts. Sprint has employee discounts for nearly every large employer and even financial institutions. I receive a 25% discount from Sprint from my Credit Union.

1500 min Family Share plan with everything data/messaging only cost me around $104.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Hmm. You must be getting discount or grandfathered pricing.

That plan is currently $59.99 + $9.99 for 1 added line + $35 for the Blackberry/Smartphone Data plan. That's $104.98.
    And Nights/Weekends start at 9pm.

But I can see how it is a little cheaper. One thing that may be worth looking into is Sprint Employee discounts. Sprint has employee discounts for nearly every large employer and even financial institutions. I receive a 25% discount from Sprint from my Credit Union.

1500 min Family Share plan with everything data/messaging only cost me around $104.
    I am getting a discount. Without it the plan would be about $100. The BB plan is $30 not $35.

If I used a lot of minutes and sent a lot of texts, I might need a 1500 plan with unlimited texting. If my wife didn't have a work BB without a restrictive IT policy, I might need a second data plan. Most of my personal phone calls are to other AT&T customers (such as my wife) or to international numbers (those calls I make from a Vonage line).

The point is that Sprint isn't always cheaper. It depends on what your needs are.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12