Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just watched the excellent suspence show "24" on Fox, and guess what I saw. A Visor Prism! Not only that but it had a GPs Module in it. The main character was reciveing ariel photo data on the compound he snuck into. Now I wanna know how the hell he could see it outside . But in any case it was A Visor Prism in all its Glory (I saw its logo and name on the device) and was in atleats 4 to 5 scenes this episode. Congrats Handspring.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    I knew they had IPaqs but I didn't see Prisms. It is on in 30 min, I am looking forward to it. Damn PST, we see everything after you guys.
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The one episode! The one episode that I miss and they have a Visor Prism in it. GRRRRR!! Does anyone know if FX will have a repeat of it and when?

Jason

Edit: Found one on FX at 10pm EST next Monday.
    Last edited by volcanopele; 02/19/2002 at 10:52 PM.
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    They normally repeat the episode on friday.
    I saw it as well. Though, I thought it looked like a Graphite Deluxe, but what do I know. At least I saw it.

Not sure what type of module that was supposed be. It contained GPS and some form of communication module. Considering he received the Satellite images at one point and then later sent his coordinates to CTU Headquarters. I will say this, if they had a module that could that, and do it that fast, people might find the Visor more useful.

It was definately pretty cool to see the Handhelds on the show. I had seen the iPaq as well. Makes you wonder if they argued backstage on which platform was better and finally decided to use both .
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Originally posted by recordond
    Yeah, the normally air it on Fox Friday nights and then Monday Nights on FX.

Which is great if you ever miss a show.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Originally posted by recordond
    They stopped repeating it on Fox (as you said on Fridays) a few weeks ago as I guess 24 was not as big of a hit as expected. It is still a great show though.

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    Originally posted by dietrichbohn
    PCs Are Incorrect on TV

http://www.wired.com/news/technology...,50441,00.html [wired]
    Now that is interesting...

One other note on 24, I seem to recall Jamie using the Samsung I300 Palm Phone. Anyone else catch that?
    Yeah, Jamey was using the Samsung i300 to communicate with Gaines and feed him the info on what was happening in CTU. It was kinda weird how, when Tony caught her in the bathroom sending out info, he surprised her and she dropped it and her stylus. But then when he forced her out at gunpoint, she thought to bend down and pick them both up- if she’d just left one on the floor, Gaines would’ve seen it through the surveillance video and known the jig was up.

As for Bauer’s PDA, I went back and stilled it and the module was just a HandyGPS. So they took a little artistic license with his ability to wirelessly receive satellite photos from CTU without switching modules. Very forgiveable. I too thought it was a Graphite Deluxe, or maybe a Smoke Neo, the case definitely looked black to me. What was confusing to me was that the screen was not in color- I stilled it on the shot of when he was accessing the satellite photos (tried to discern what program it was, it used thumbnail images so it wasn’t Album To Go), and the menu bar at the top was not in blue, and the images themselves were in monochrome. But it still looked like an active matrix screen. Maybe they doctored the shot in post.

Still, it was great fun for my wife (huge Kiefer fan that she is) and I to see him using this thing and me yelling “go back! what module was that!”. I’m really glad we’ve got TiVo.

Not that I care about them, but who on the show was using an iPaq?
    Last edited by fletcherism; 02/20/2002 at 12:22 AM.
    The first pda tonight was a graphite Visor or Visor Deluxe. Later he did have a Prism.
    Probably burned in the image during editing. That's what they do on most shows because otherwise it could end up looking not right on TV...
    OK folks, I put up some screen grabs on my site, so we can all take nice long looks at how they showed the Visor in the show.

http://www.fletcherism.com/visoron24.html

I still don't think it looked like any of the shots showed a Prism, but in reviewing my screen grabs, it looks like only one scene showed an active-matrix screen, and it was still a monochrome image. Probably not a big deal for the FX people to fix in post.
  13.    #14  
    Originally posted by fletcherism
    OK folks, I put up some screen grabs on my site, so we can all take nice long looks at how they showed the Visor in the show.

http://www.fletcherism.com/visoron24.html

I still don't think it looked like any of the shots showed a Prism, but in reviewing my screen grabs, it looks like only one scene showed an active-matrix screen, and it was still a monochrome image. Probably not a big deal for the FX people to fix in post.
    Yup, thats it. Good screen grabs.
    -Mikedemo
    There have been many who have said it might be a Visor or Visor deluxe but also remember that there is also a graphite Visor Platinum. I know because I have one.

Jason
    Well, it looks as though the Visor featured in 24 was, in fact, a Prism.

Watching tonights episode, I saw the one difference the Prism definately has over the other Visors.

The part of the plastic case that goes around the screen is wider on the right side on the Prism. On the Solo, Deluxe, Platinum, Neo and Pro, the left side is wider than the right.

I still say it looks graphite, but I guess that is pointless.

On a side note, I bet the reason Terri and Kim got lost was because they could not see the screen outside.
  16.    #17  
    Originally posted by GSR13
    . . . On a side note, I bet the reason Terri and Kim got lost was because they could not see the screen outside.
    Yup, thats it. Did you see the way she squinted while looking at the screen on tonights episode.
    -Mikedemo
    Which also proves that the image was digitally added in post-production. That screen shouldn't have been bright enough to show up on film, especially in outdoor light. But I also agree that the Prism's case looked black, not blue- as was the title bar for the imageviewer they were using. That might also have been changed in post.

BTW, I stilled it on the one close-up shot of them using that imageviewer in thumbnail mode, and saw that the app was SplashPhoto. I would've put up another screen grab on the page I made, but the VCR hooked up to my computer ruined the tape (which, thankfully, only had last night's episode on it). My Kiefer-loving wife woulda killed me if FX wasn't planning on showing a repeat Sunday night at 10. If they change their schedule, I'm a dead man!

One other thing: Jack Bauer also referred to the device as a "Palm Pilot."
    Originally posted by fletcherism
    One other thing: Jack Bauer also referred to the device as a "Palm Pilot."
    that was aggravting, I guess... but really, how many times do you have to use that term to explain "Hey, what is that?". it just works better. Somehow, calling it my "prism" or my "treo" comes off as pretentious.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast