1.    #1  
    I won't be buying a Pre. I bought a Centro a few months ago as a placeholder until the Pre was released. The Centro is my 7th Palm with no interruption by other PDAs. I have been a loyal customer since Palm first came out in the mid 90s but I am seriously thinking of moving on because my needs are not being met and because of quality issues.

I have liked Palm's OS. LifeDrive and TX met my needs the best with Centro coming in a close second, or is it third? I am one of what I am sure are many, many people who got tired of hauling a laptop around a long time ago. I am sure I am one of the few who have rebelled over it but this is the secret I think Palm is missing.

I don't want to have a portable computer and a phone. I want to have a computer I can leave at home, whether laptop or desktop, a work computer I leave at work and a computer/phone that travels and communicates with the other 2 in between. That means I want my computer case to carry a comfortable keyboard, my wires and my phone/computer if I choose not to keep it in my pocket. LifeDrive was doing this for me but the hard drive was too easily broken. Even TX did this because the screen was large and I had a separate keyboard for when the on screen was not enough. I wrote papers and presentations, edited and so on right in the car, on the plane. It was my library for reading, my cinema for viewing, etc.

I don't want to carry a phone and a laptop. I want my phone to be my laptop and my laptop to stay on my desk.

Another need? I travel to the middle east often. What's up with Arabic support? Is the market not large enough for you? Everybody from grampa on down has a phone here.

Regarding the quality issues? Centro, specifically, I have to regularly clean my charging contacts with alcohol swabs to get a clean contact to charge. It is always rebooting in the middle of something. One other thing, messages come in without information on when they were sent... what's that about?

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm going to the HTC website now.
    Cool. Have fun at HTC.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Well I am glad you diagnosed your own problem

Thanks for sharing.
    Silly me. I want a portable laptop and phone. They should compliment each other...something Palm needs to understand again.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hootowl41 View Post
    I won't be buying a Pre.

Regarding the quality issues? Centro, specifically, I have to regularly clean my charging contacts with alcohol swabs to get a clean contact to charge. It is always rebooting in the middle of something. One other thing, messages come in without information on when they were sent... what's that about?

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm going to the HTC website now.

OBTW,

Don't forget , you save the money spent on alcohol
    as my dad used to say, "don't let the door hit where the good lord split ya then"

I understand your vent. I like tech toys...I have 3 desktops, 2 laptops, 1 netbook, DH has 2 cells (1 work and 1 smartphone --- which he can't wait to trade for the Pre) and I have my Pre. We both have 3 versions of iPods or iTouchs. We are just down right geeky.
    Last edited by cowgirlupkelly; 11/20/2009 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Fixed my typo...leave me alone. LOL
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Silly me. I want a portable laptop and phone. They should compliment each other...something Palm needs to understand again.
    +1 for the foleo reference
    I think palm understands the op's concerns better then the op
    I wish you luck with ur new htc
    Last edited by tejoe; 11/20/2009 at 01:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    You are no longer Palm's target customer. Have fun with your HTC.
    Nothing in there said anything about how to keep you as a customer...
    Maybe you should have titled your thread "Another pointless rant before I go"... A little truth in advertising?
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    as my dad used to say, "don't let the door hit where the sun split ya then..."
    I've always heard that as "... where the good lord split you".
    oops typo...head where the sun don't shine here
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    I've always heard that as "... where the good lord split you".
    Uh-huh.............Out of that entire thread, thats the one thing that caught my attention too.
    I fixed now leave me alone (takes my toys and heads for the door)
  14. fid
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahaxton View Post
    You are no longer Palm's target customer. Have fun with your HTC.
    Palm doesn't even know what kind of target they are looking for, how can you write that?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Palm....are you seeing this?? See how many customers are leaving you.......hello.....is this thing on??