Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Last edited by the_tate; 11/28/2010 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Leaving
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Best of luck to you with your Droid and hope it fills your needs better than the Pre did.

Might be interested in a TS if the price is right. Don't need another one but could be talked into getting one. PM me when you put it on Ebay.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I'm also stuck with all my stuff like 2 touchstones, extra battery, and leather case. Made my switch from pre to hero last week!
    did you guys have to pay full retail for the hero?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Last edited by the_tate; 11/28/2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Leaving
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Last edited by the_tate; 11/28/2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Leaving
    I don't find this funny at all... Palm is in dangerous waters right now...
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    It's all good. Isn't the processor in the HTC Hero worse than the Palm Pre?
    I love the WebOS user interface. After basic functionality, Palm will be on its way up to a very very good spot.
    PM me about your touchstone. I'll buy it from you if you price it right! Good luck with the new phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    It's all good. Isn't the processor in the HTC Hero worse than the Palm Pre?
    I love the WebOS user interface. After basic functionality, Palm will be on its way up to a very very good spot.
    on paper the numbers lean towards the pre, but the hero is just as fast as the pre. I think it is even faster. I experience no lag whatsoever
    Processor speed is only one factor in device speed. Memory speed matters, but even more important is software optimization. Android apps are compiled, which makes for much more efficient execution.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I've had a hero for almost a month and the keyboard lag kills me (sometimes). There are few things more frustrating than pressing a letter and waiting to find out if it registered or not. I want to emphasize that this lag is intermittent, but is extremely frustrating when it happens.

Also, the browser is really slow and I've tried the downloadable browsers with no noticeable improvements. And the camera is worse than the Pre's despite being higher resolution.

Otherwise, the form factor is fantastic and the buid quality is solid. I really like sense UI but wish it had better hardware to back it up.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    BTW- I'm considering a trade for a pre if you're interested
    I am just puzzled, why are you guys still here? Another thing too, why did you buy your Hero's new, there are alot Hero owners selling them only after a few months of using them? Me myself and alot of people really like our pre's and the webOS and enjoy this site and as more and more of you whiners leave it just only makes thing better for the people that understand that this is a new platform (no a 2 year old design with a face lift) that is not even 6 months old and are excited about it's future. JMO, Good luck with your Hero
    I'm done with my 3rd pre and they've all broke internally. I got sprint to give me a credit to get a hero, tomorrow I do that, its not whining, believe me I love Palm and have had their products since they came out but this is ridiculous. People working full time there should be able to do what everyone here has done and more. I'm tired of them. I'm scared to go to a Hero but I can't take my phone breaking anymore.
    I'm also dropping the Pre for the Hero. Its fully functional NOW, w/o any updates, etc. Compared to the others, its like Smartphone Jr. I'll definitely be back for Palm's next device once they fix the Calendar and gets WAY more apps in the catalog. I truly do LOVE this phone but functionally, its slightly limited.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I am just puzzled, why are you guys still here? Another thing too, why did you buy your Hero's new, there are alot Hero owners selling them only after a few months of using them? Me myself and alot of people really like our pre's and the webOS and enjoy this site and as more and more of you whiners leave it just only makes thing better for the people that understand that this is a new platform (no a 2 year old design with a face lift) that is not even 6 months old and are excited about it's future. JMO, Good luck with your Hero
    I'm still here because I like webOS, and feel it has promise. I just don't feel the Pre has promise, in its current state.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Im still here because I can!

I left the Pre close too 2 months now for the Tour, but i still keep checking on the progress of the Pre. WebOS is nice, but the phone itself still is miss some keep features. I still have hope for Palm.