Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 120
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    Sorry I have to disagree with ya.
    On what basis? It's somewhat difficult to disagree with facts.
  2. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomepatrol View Post
    On what basis? It's somewhat difficult to disagree with facts.
    What facts are you citing?

    When the iPhone came out there were functions and abilities that were not enabled..thus it is not using 100% of its available hardware and resources.
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    @ Mikah912
    Oh and lets get one thing straight. The iPhone has it's own fair share of short comings. You can spout off all day long what the Pre lack and the iPhone has better but I bet if you go troll the iPhone forums, you will find very similar posts bashing on the iPhone. Get used to the fact that no matter what phone you have, it will always have some degree of issues. For me, the Pre has been the best Phone I have ever had. It's not perfect but it has given me far less issues, and cost me far less in service (Sprint service) then any other phone I have had or will.
    Cool. No one phone is for everyone, thus every phone is by definition "lacking" something.

    But the Pre list is significantly longer and harder to fix than comparable platforms right now. Not an opinion, BTW. Glad it still works great for you and anyone else. But you are missing a LOT of features, apps, and options that competing platforms have. If you don't care about that, super. It's still the case.
  4. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Righto. But I'm not some lone nut calling issues with the screen, casing, port, etc. "hardware" problems. That's the industry standard, so I'm not sure where you three are getting this "Hardware is the internal chipset tech only" thing from:

    Check Endgadget's review of the Pre:

    Palm Pre review, part 1: Hardware, webOS, user interface -- Engadget

    Big heading that says "The Hadrware". The section is nine paragraphs long. ONE paragraph talks about the processor guts. The rest is all "This port is here. This feels X. This flap snapped off."

    Same for Gizmodo's:

    Palm Pre Review - Palm pre review - Gizmodo

    I could point to other sites, but I think you get the point.
    Congrats! You can link to sites to back up your opinion! So could I. No one is disputing that the screen and charging port are in fact hardware. However, as I stated in one of my previous posts, although there are people not satisfied with the build quality, the majority of complaints are about the lag and or internal hardware. The comment I quoted specified SOFTWARE and complained about the HARDWARE in the same sentence. This to me made it sound like he was suggesting the CPU/GPU was subpar. ALso, I quoted him, not you and just said I was confused by his commment. He should be the one to explain what his meaning was. Not you.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    What facts are you citing?

    When the iPhone came out there were functions and abilities that were not enabled..thus it is not using 100% of its available hardware and resources.
    What part of the iPhone 2.5G launch hardware was it not using on day one?

    Think carefully before you hit "Submit Reply".
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    What facts are you citing?

    When the iPhone came out there were functions and abilities that were not enabled..thus it is not using 100% of its available hardware and resources.
    And functions and abilities were those?
  7. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Cool. No one phone is for everyone, thus every phone is by definition "lacking" something.

    But the Pre list is significantly longer and harder to fix than comparable platforms right now. Not an opinion, BTW. Glad it still works great for you and anyone else. But you are missing a LOT of features, apps, and options that competing platforms have. If you don't care about that, super. It's still the case.

    Oh so your "factual statement" is that there is no other phone on the market that has as long of a list as the Pre when it comes to problems and issues? Did I get that right? And it's a fact? Wow..I am impressed now.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Congrats! You can link to sites to back up your opinion! So could I. No one is disputing that the screen and charging port are in fact hardware. However, as I stated in one of my previous posts, although there are people not satisfied with the build quality, the majority of complaints are about the lag and or internal hardware.
    Haha...what? First you say, no one is disputing that the screen and charging port are hardware, when you and awesome patrol did precisely this. Then, you say it's an "opinion" of mine, when you just acknowledged it as fact in the previous sentence! Finally, you claim to know what the "majority" of complaints concern, but offer no way to qualify/quantify that statement.

    You seem like you're getting worked up and making less sense by the post. Let's take a breather on this and move on, ok? No harm, no foul.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Oh so your "factual statement" is that there is no other phone on the market that has as long of a list as the Pre when it comes to problems and issues? Did I get that right? And it's a fact? Wow..I am impressed now.
    How does "problems and issues" (what you read) = "missing features, apps, and options" (what I actually typed)? No wonder you're getting all worked up...you're imagining things.

    Like I said...let's just take a step back, calm down, and try it again later, ok?
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Haha...what? First you say, no one is disputing that the screen and charging port are hardware, when you and awesome patrol did precisely this. Then, you say it's an "opinion" of mine, when you just acknowledged it as fact in the previous sentence! Finally, you claim to know what the "majority" of complaints concern, but offer no way to qualify/quantify that statement.
    I don't really have a dog in this fight, but the fact that the term "hardware" is often used to describe those things doesn't make it any less precise.

    Doesn't really matter what you want to call it, though, the fact is that the Pre has several shortcomings. In my view, however, the largest are software-based.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomepatrol View Post
    I don't really have a dog in this fight, but the fact that the term "hardware" is often used to describe those things doesn't make it any less precise.

    Doesn't really matter what you want to call it, though, the fact is that the Pre has several shortcomings. In my view, however, the largest are software-based.
    Well, going all the WAAAAAAAAAAY back to cardfan's original point that kicked this mini-maelstrom off, the software ones could more likely be overlooked if more people had the confidence that their device would last long enough to make it to the point that Palm would upgrade. He made it to 4 or 5 Pre phones. I stopped at three. We were both willing to stick it out as long as we had a reliable device to stick it out with.

    We never did.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    How about the negatives for:

    -Poor construction/Terrible Quality Control
    -Multi-tasking as long as you don't run more than 2-3 apps
    -UI that doesn't even utilize all of the phones hardware
    -Worse battery life
    -Smaller screen


    I could go on, but do I really need to?
    Personally, my Pre:

    - Has great construction.
    - Right now has 8 applications running (10 cards total) and performance is fine.
    - Still doesn't have an accelerated UI. But, even so, performance is usable, if not stellar. Multitasking more than makes up for that, however.
    - Has good enough battery life. Lasts me a full work day since 1.3.1, which is as good as any smartphone I've owned. No, I haven't owned an iPhone, but my colleagues who do don't seem to get any better battery life than I do.
    - Does have a smaller screen, but I don't think the difference is as great as the dimensions imply. I haven't measure, but it seems like I get a higher percentage of usable space, relatively, given the gesture area and how Pre applications are designed. In any case, I've used an iPhone, and I haven't found the usable space to be so much greater.

    Of course, that's just my opinion based on my own experience. Yours and others may vary.
    Last edited by wynand32; 11/19/2009 at 12:31 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  13. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    What part of the iPhone 2.5G launch hardware was it not using on day one?

    Think carefully before you hit "Submit Reply".
    UH ok...I asked what facts you were citing...you didnt reply; so I assume again this is an OPINION not a fact.

    The 2.5g had many functionalities that were not available, be them hardware or software....go look at the iphone pages on the net. There are many cracks that either fix or correct issues of non-functionality in the phone.

    A crack signifies something being opened up or made functional that was either disabled or not being utilized.

    If everything was being used 100%, then there would be no reason for a CRACK.

    Let's leave it at this....you comment that the iphoney (lol had to say that), is and was 100% functioning and using all its hardware from day one is a bit inacurate to say the least, and I cant think of ANY phone that is 100% as you put it on day 1, and some phones never make it to that point. The reason being....the engineers and designers design in upgrade ability for future developement.

    I think someone mentioned it before, in not so many words; why beat a dead horse? if ya dont like the Pre fine...move on get yourself your DREAM PERFECT phone. Nothing myself or anyone here says will sway your view point of how 100% and superior the iPhoney is to the Pre.

    BTW: read my post a few up and you can have that perfect phone.

    I checked before i hit the Submit button
  14. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Haha...what? First you say, no one is disputing that the screen and charging port are hardware .
    Correct, I did not say they are not hardware. I said based on what Elysian893 said, it sounded like he was complaining about the CPU/GPU when he said hardware. AS I said to him when I quested it, I was confused by his comment. He was free to explain what he ment by hardware.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Then, you say it's an "opinion" of mine, when you just acknowledged it as fact in the previous sentence!
    You are the one that specifically said, "Not an opinion, BTW" So I have no clue where you got this other stuff from.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Finally, you claim to know what the "majority" of complaints concern, but offer no way to qualify/quantify that statement.
    Fair enough. I am basing my opinion on the amount of posts I see concerning issues that people are complaining about. Based on what I have seen, it "seems" to be mostly about lag or similar. This only concerning hardware and build quality. I am not even talking about software.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    You seem like you're getting worked up and making less sense by the post. Let's take a breather on this and move on, ok? No harm, no foul.
    The same could be said about your last post. But sure, lets move on shall we?
  15. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Of course, that's just my opinion based on my own experience. Yours and others may vary.
    Is my mileage going to vary too?
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    The G1 was a gen 1 phone that came out, and was great right out of the box, even without the app support. The iPhone was great when it was a gen 1 device. Blackberry's Storm is even better as a gen 1 device. Palm made a big mistake pairing their new OS with such poor hardware. Gen 1 device or not, there are better options out there.
    u cant be serious... about the Blackberry storm... Go on youtube and read reviews... It was one of the worst phones ever out the box... It was really buggy.... I phone was a decent first generation device but it was No where near perfect. No mms, couldnt delete a single text, dust getting under the screen... etc.. G1 wasent the best either...
  17. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    How does "problems and issues" (what you read) = "missing features, apps, and options" (what I actually typed)?

    Obviously you were not sincere about moving on....

    Seriously?? I was combining your "missing features, apps and options" to simply "problems and issues". I didn't realize this would cause further debate.
  18. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHemi View Post
    Is my mileage going to vary too?
    Dude...pick a side and stick to it. Stop thanking mikah912 for his comments and then thanking me for my response back to him.
  19. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    No mms, couldnt delete a single text, dust getting under the screen... etc.. G1 wasent the best either...
    Dust under the screen thats not hardware usage but it is BAD HARDWARE, right, oh wait that doesnt count.

    ****YAWN****
  20. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Dude...pick a side and stick to it. Stop thanking mikah912 for his comments and then thanking me for my response back to him.
    Uh I can thank who i want thank you

    I give thanks to points I see as possibly valid or deserving, your free to do the same.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions