Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Gotta say that even though I am not in the market for a Droid, I have been impressed with their commercials which create a buzz about the phone. When I go Xmas shopping, I will check one out because of that.

Why didn't Palm come out with a blitz add campaign like this to create a buzz about the Pre...what did we get, a flow girl talking about a Juggler in some weird fantasy place that isn't remotely related to how the phone works in real life.

It isn't about the phone, it is the memorability of the commercials that make the person want the phone and think they need to have on.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I agree entirely. They marketed the Droid excellently, everyone I know talks about it whereas some of them don't even know such a thing as a Palm Pre exists
    This signature for rent
    Being the local 'geek', I've had a few conversations go like this:

"Hey have you seen the Droid? It looks awesome!"

"Yup."

"...What is it??"

Of course I tell them to go to Sprint because they can get a "Droid" with a better plan. Then I tell them to get a Pre instead. Verizon has been doing an awesome job promoting these phones, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by balderson View Post
    Being the local 'geek', I've had a few conversations go like this:

"Hey have you seen the Droid? It looks awesome!"

"Yup."

"...What is it??"

Of course I tell them to go to Sprint because they can get a "Droid" with a better plan. Then I tell them to get a Pre instead. Verizon has been doing an awesome job promoting these phones, though.
    Then your friends end up mad at you because you steered them towards a Droid that "doesn't". Lol..j/k....kinda.
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    You know, I may be in the minority here, but I think the Droid advertisements suck! And after playing with the phone for a bit, I think it is terrible too. Not that the Pre is perfect (it is in my mind), but I have to say Android still looks boring, and the Droid is not all that great a piece of hardware.
    They are good. Palm and the Pre can do better and hit a lot more people if they just advertised like they are doing with the Pixi. The commercial is Stunining, beautiful, and fun. Also, wait for it.... It shows what the pixi and webos can do? IMAGINE THAT?

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I may have no choice but to move to the Dorid...Sprint says they are going to cancel me because I spend more than 80% of the month on roam.....The Droid is the only thing that even comes close to the pre in my book and I will NOT go to iphone!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    Gotta say that even though I am not in the market for a Droid, I have been impressed with their commercials which create a buzz about the phone. When I go Xmas shopping, I will check one out because of that.

Why didn't Palm come out with a blitz add campaign like this to create a buzz about the Pre...what did we get, a flow girl talking about a Juggler in some weird fantasy place that isn't remotely related to how the phone works in real life.

It isn't about the phone, it is the memorability of the commercials that make the person want the phone and think they need to have on.
    The first time I saw it, I thought that Palm might have wised up and put out a decent commercial. Until the end of it anyway
    I checked out a Droid because i'm a sucker for screens (& speed too). I think most of my upgrades that were a must was because the screen was higher resolution and much better. Btw..the droid has a killer screen and if verizon was in area i'd be sorely tempted.

But it had nothing to do with their commercials because that aspect isn't really advertised.

In fact i'd say the Pre's screen was the main culprit for me hanging onto it for so long before realizing everything else (shoddy hardware, lag, dropped calls, no backup) was just too much of a hassle. And i went back to the iphone.

I only know that sometime in 2010 i'll be using a phone with a droid like screen. If it's not apple who steps up (which i would prefer and AT&T has me covered best), then hopefully Palm or Android on either AT&T or Sprint.

Oh, someone said the new Pixi commericals were great??? It's a step in the right direction but lose the ADD crap and the annoying chipmunks song in the background. Have someone hot stand there, hold the phone, pan in on it, and describe some features. It's really all it takes. WebOS is enough "wow" to sell itself to the masses the same way it mesmerized all the geeks at CES. No need for the extra BS or to overthink it.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Have someone hot stand there, hold the phone, pan in on it, and describe some features. It's really all it takes.
    The direct approach...amazing concept.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo