Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The Droid fails AS A PRODUCT when compared to Palm Pre and iPhone

http://scobleizer.com/2009/11/08/dro...ct-comparison/
    Last edited by akitayo; 11/18/2009 at 10:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Link is broken
    thats a pretty bold statement for a link that doesnt work
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    The link returns a 404/Page not found error. For some reason the PreCentral site seems to be truncating long URL names. Seen this happen in another post the other day. It will work when inserted as a link.

The Droid fails AS A PRODUCT when compared to Palm Pre and iPhone
    Bjarne Winkler
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ==> Pre: There's a patch for that!
    this thread fails as a attempt to put down the droid....I am curious on how long this lasts on front page. I notice threads that put down other phones other than the pre last for days, but when it's putting down the pre it's moved immediately. hum.....
    Funny enough, this has already been posted, with the exact same title, besides that the other thread has quotation marks around the thread title.
    Down with droid! Down with H1N1! Down with stale peanut butter!
  9.    #9  
    original post now is edited with the correct link .Sorry guys , Sometimes I have this problem when I make a copy and paste from a word file or a web file
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    original post now is edited with the correct link .Sorry guys , Sometimes I have this problem when I make a copy and paste from a word file or a web file
    It's not you Akitayo, as I said, the Pre|Central site seems to truncate long file names when pasted directly into the post, at least from that site. I had to insert the link in order to get it to work correctly.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    It's not you Akitayo, as I said, the Pre|Central site seems to truncate long file names when pasted directly into the post, at least from that site. I had to insert the link in order to get it to work correctly.
    thanks thats a relief for me Thanks
    Thanks for the link interesting read. However the article seems to bemore about how the Droid fails when compared to the "IPHONE" and not so much the Pre...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Thanks for the link interesting read. However the article seems to bemore about how the Droid fails when compared to the "IPHONE" and not so much the Pre...
    Yeah, agree ,the writer should typed : than the pre and the iphone, on most of the comparisons, according to the title of the article.
    I had no idea the Droid didn't have a multitouch screen. I thought that was pretty much an industry standard for touchscreens at this point.
    As has been mentioned over and over, it's just marketing. Why no iphone killers? Because Apple is the only one who has a mass of retail stores, has AT&T bent over backwards, can position their products easily, and advertises relentlessly & effectively. Sharable apps, ipod touches, and a gazillion apps. There's also that little thing called itunes.

You could take either the iphone, pre, or droid and destroy the other two with effective marketing because you set the criteria for what matters. For example, cnet's round robin fights. They pick the categories. The winner is basically predetermined.

Palm doesn't know this yet. Verizon gets it. Apple hasn't had to but it sure knows how to in the computer market vs Microsoft.

On the other hand you could simply make the phone the star of your advertising as you entertainingly educate your target market about key features that wow the masses (the non techie mainstream).

Palm doesn't know this yet. Verizon gets it somewhat. Apple wrote the book on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    On the other hand you could simply make the phone the star of your advertising as you entertainingly educate your target market about key features that wow the masses (the non techie mainstream).

Palm doesn't know this yet. Verizon gets it somewhat. Apple wrote the book on it.
    Yeah, that's the headscratcher. People are all ga-ga now over apps because Apple made them simple and appealing, THEN showed you that in their commercials. Palm makes multitasking simple and appealing, THEN shows you NONE of that in their esoteric BS spots.

Same goes for Synergy. Cards are nothing now that every HTC Hero commercial shows the same thing happening when you swipe Sense UI homescreens.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    My g/f just gt the Droid, she still likes my pre better. I dnt really see wht all the hype was wit the droid anyhow
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    I had no idea the Droid didn't have a multitouch screen. I thought that was pretty much an industry standard for touchscreens at this point.
    The Droid DOES have a multitouch screen.

The Droid default UI does not support it, but there are apps currently that do support it, i.e. PicSay.

In PicSay you can pinch to zoom. I know this for a fact, seeing as I have it opened on my phone now, and just tested it.
    250,000 droids in the first week... doesnt sound like a fail to me

Droid Does Deliver: Flurry Uses its Analytics to Measure Week 1 Sales

i check out my co workers droid now and then and i think it's a nice phone... love the solid design... quality fit/finish. slider.... NO OREO. excellent call quality and he's happy with the availability and the quality of apps.
    the article is not very solid. and mostly is about droid vs. iphone, not much about the Pre.

i think droid is a nice phone, i can't comment on it w/o first hand experience, but frankly, at this time, i'm tired of everything google, im looking for fresh air whenever possible. except search and mail, im staying away from google.

oh yeah, newly designed google mobile search for Palm pre sucks major. I hope palm offer other mobile search asap.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast