1.    #1  
    I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed, however I did try searching the forums first and didn't find anything that answered my question. Has anyone else on here switched to the Palm Pre from an iPhone. I currently have an iPhone 3GS and my wife has an original iPhone. I am considering switching to Sprint and getting us both the Palm Pre. I have gone to a Sprint store and tested the Palm and I really like the phone just as well as my iPhone, some things I like better. The main reason I am wanting to switch is because the Sprint calling plans would save us a ton every month over what we're paying for our iPhones. I was just wondering if anyone else had made the same switch and if they were glad they did or had some regrets. Also anyone switching from AT&T to Sprint glad they made that decision? Thanks for your help.
    I made the switch about a month ago. Loving the Pre so far. Being able to multitask is quite an improvement. Plus not dropping calls when I have a full signal is a nice side benefit.
    You really have to try one for a bit. I went through the same process earlier and no matter what you read, your needs and wants are different.
    I made the switch in August, there are pro's and con's for both the Pre and the Iphone. One thing is for sure...Sprint is much better than AT&T. AT&T was terrible.
    I also made the switch. I love the Pre. I think the Iphone is an excellent computer (web surfing, texting, Apps...) but its a poor phone. I really need my phone to be a phone first. I agree with others that there are pros and cons.

i think the important thing to keep in mind is that the Pre is in its infancy with only five months. Whereas the Iphone has two years (and a zillion apps). Palm is still growing the Pre up (at a rapid pace, i might add) and as a result there are growing pains (i bought the first iphone and remember those growing pains).

If your okay with a younger smartphone then come on along. i think you will enjoy the heck out of the Pre! I certainly do! (and save a bundle on your bill)