1.    #1  
    New unit from a store that won't fraud you...preferably less than $300...
    Uh, how about the Prism?
    Originally posted by Techie2000
    New unit from a store that won't fraud you...preferably less than $300...
    The following doesn't meet any of your criteria ... but I couldn't resist

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1332443908
    <ul><li>Dave Kessler<br>President - Kopsis, Inc.</li></ul>
  4.    #4  
    [censored] You!
    [censored] You!
    Techie, baby! You're turning your back on a Brave New World!

Here's an opportunity to leap ahead of everyone on this board (well, except Dave) in terms of pure geek cool! Such an opportunity!

Plus, there is no better way to enter the tech world and endear yourself to the right people than to know Unix/Linux. The reason I haven't been stoned to death for writing MFC Windows code by my colleagues is that I have (dear God) ~25 years of Unix experience.

And yes, Unix is better. Not better than sex, and certainly not practical for many home computers (yet -- OS X -- Jobs, you sly dog!). But it is intellectually, morally and ethically superior than Microsoft operating systems. And it's much cleaner.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  6.    #6  
    I'd love to get it and everything but 1 little problem: No source of funds. I do run SuSE Linux on my desktop though .
    I do run SuSE Linux on my desktop though .
    Good enough -- that makes you one of God's Chosen Ones. When the Rapture comes, you're outta here. (And since you're using Linux, your PC will continue to run in your absence for many years afterwards.)
    Jeff Meyer

Refurbished Handspring prism 169.99 at frys
    Techie,

Sorry for yanking your chain in that previous reply but I just couldn't resist

On a more helpful note, since I know you're interested in the Zaurus have you considered picking up an older IPaq and installing Familiar Linux and Qtopia? You can pick up a 3600 series IPaq on Ebay for well under $300 and with Familiar/Qtopia you'd have almost the same software as the Zaurus. In fact most third-party Zaurus Qtopia apps will work unchanged with Qtopia on the IPaq. Just a thought
    <ul><li>Dave Kessler<br>President - Kopsis, Inc.</li></ul>
    Too bad the 610s are gone, they're under $300, if you can still find one. You could still go for a Prism, or haha, go really cheap, and get a IIIc Up to you, they're aren't many sub-$300 color units. You could pick up a T615 for $350, if you can raise $50! Good luck! Maybe just go for a cheapie unit, and save up, and buy a T615 when that new Sony prototype comes out. hehe.
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    Originally posted by AzNCoMpUtAnErD
    Too bad the 610s are gone, they're under $300, if you can still find one.
    According to PalmInfoCenter, Sony is offering refurbished N610Cs.
    Jeff Meyer

12.    #12  
    Thanks for the info. I'll look around. Actually I was asking as it would be a gift for my dad .