Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    For what it's worth, I wasn't really crazy about the Hero after evaluating it twice in the Sprint store for 20-30 minutes. It just seems like the more I use it, the more I like it. Unfortunately the Pre has had the opposite effect (to this point). I was very optimistic and excited about the Pre when I initially purchased it and have been less and less optimistic (and happy) as time goes by...
    This mirrors my experience as well. If you're going to use a smartphone as your main brain to enhance your productivity during the day, you can't really know how well a new device is going to support you until you've tried using it for a few weeks. The more I used the Pre, the more frustrated I became by what it couldn't do. And seeing yet another webOS update ignore crucial problems like the calendar just irritates the living hell out of me. The more I use the Hero, the more impressed I become by what it can do.
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    Quote Originally Posted by doublebullout View Post
    This mirrors my experience as well. If you're going to use a smartphone as your main brain to enhance your productivity during the day, you can't really know how well a new device is going to support you until you've tried using it for a few weeks. The more I used the Pre, the more frustrated I became by what it couldn't do. And seeing yet another webOS update ignore crucial problems like the calendar just irritates the living hell out of me. The more I use the Hero, the more impressed I become by what it can do.
    I don't understand why you say the calender is slow ,it pops right up for me and works great and is pretty quick???
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I don't understand why you say the calender is slow ,it pops right up for me and works great and is pretty quick???
    It is slow, especially compared to past Palm devices. Calendar speed is a very common, well-founded complaint on these boards. But that's not my major gripe. The 2 biggest issues I have with the webOS calendar are (1) no search function, and (2) no way to tell the day of the week when using the scroll wheels to pick dates. Either of these should be an easy fix -- every OS except webOS includes a calendar search and the day of the week on the scroll wheels. Look, there's no need to recap all the shortcomings of the webOS calendar. There have been multiple threads on the forums here with all the specifics. It's a definite weakness of webOS and Palm has yet to address it.