Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Hi

I found this NYT article/blog post interesting on how Verizon reams you on your monthly bill. Makes me glad I have simple billing from Sprint.

Verizon: How Much Do You Charge Now? - Pogue’s Posts Blog - NYTimes.com

(I threw this in cross platform forum even though it may or may not fit there)
    Yup thats one of the reasons why I left Verizon back in the summer time for the Pre. The billing is outta control. I just want a simple phone plan that works! I mean in the UK phone plans are SOOO much cheaper than they are in the US...Why cant we have that too!?!?
    The new ETF is ridiculous. The original reason for it was Verizon realized they were getting ripped off with their BOGO (buy-one-get-one) programs where an individual would buy a phone, ebay the brand new "get one" blackberry for an amount over $175 and pocket the difference free and clear. Since a portion of Verizon's subsidy on the sold phone was going to come out of monthly fees (something Dave Pogue apparently doesn't understand), the high rate of BOGO sell-off was noticeably hitting their bottom line.

Instead of this more outrageous ETF (than their current one), Verizon should just focus on pricing their phones appropriately.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Yup thats one of the reasons why I left Verizon back in the summer time for the Pre. The billing is outta control. I just want a simple phone plan that works! I mean in the UK phone plans are SOOO much cheaper than they are in the US...Why cant we have that too!?!?
    I know some folks on EU plans (not sure if UK is different than the majority of EU), but a lot (if not all carriers), don't utilize unlimited data plans. There were a few cats that were having problems with paying for data when their Pre was pulling an update over network and not wifi.

Like I said can't speak for all countries and all carriers, but that is one thing that got me to sprint and has kept me with sprint. I have never had to worry about data charges, even back all those years ago when the first camera/video phone came out and picture messaging was all the rage. Ahhh man remember all those original iPhone bills with AT&T, how was ATT caught unaware of the how their data use was gonna be charged...... Sprint is far from perfect but it's the right mix for me and the wife. Even with data plans being the norm in the US across carriers, when time came for new phones this time we looked at a few carriers and phones that we deemed acceptable, still ended up back at sprint to re-up for another 2 years and getting the Pre's.