Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i have a pre. Got mine the first day they came out. I like it but feel it lacks the basic functionality and simplicty that i had woth my last 3 treos. I was intersted in an iphone and went on the at&t website and a chat window popped up and a sales rep and i had a chat. The following conversation contains the detalis of what at&t has to offer.

Thank you for your patience! An AT&T sales representative will be with you shortly.

You are now chatting with Tammy, an AT&T sales representative.

Tammy: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How may I assist you with placing your order today?

mike: are u a real person?

Tammy: Hello. I am a real person. I know it hard to tell. How can I help you today?

mike: i am a current sprint customer with a palm pre and im interested in an iphone

Tammy: The iPhone is a great phone. I am happy to help you. How many lines will be on your plan?

mike: just one

Tammy: Howe many minutes will you use each month?

mike: i said just one line

Tammy: Are you wanting unlimited calling?

Tammy: Yes, I understand. We have many different calling plans for 1 line.

mike: ok

Tammy: How many minutes do you currently use each month?

mike: its my understanding with the iphone you have to get the unlimited plan

Tammy: You do not need unlimited calling, you do need unlimited data for $30 a month.

mike: oh

mike: i would prefer unlimited calling

Tammy: Unlimited calling is $99.99 per month, then add the $30 data plan. Will you need any texting options?

mike: yes. i want the phone to be fully functional

mike: with sprint i pay 99.00 for everything unlimited

Tammy: You can choose from any of our great individual texting options: $5 for 200, $15 for 1500, or $20 for unlimited messaging.

Tammy: Unlimited everything for the iPhone is $149.99 per month.

mike: so you r telling me the iphone would cost me 150 dollars a month

Tammy: Yes, that is correct. We do have lower calling plans and texting plans it that does not work for you.

Tammy: The Nation 900 plan includes 900 anytime minutes and unlimited night and weekend minutes, unlimited mobile to mobile, and rollover for $59.99 per month. You will also get 5 numbers on your A-List to call without using your anytime minutes.

mike: nah. thats kind of ridiculous. i really like the iphone. but im not gonna pay 50 extra a month to get the same calling plan i have for 99.00

Tammy: I do understand.

mike: im sorry but you guys are really way to expensive. you wanna sell the minute plans so you can charge ridiculous rates on overages.

mike: its a shame because it really is a nice phone. but im not gonna get raped just to have one.

Tammy: Only AT&T has Rollover, the ability to keep your unused minutes each month. We offer a vastly superior network as we have the best audio quality in the markets we serve. We also use GSM, the world-standard wireless technology. Finally we offer a variety of Nation & Family Talk plans to fit your unique needs, plus over 20 different phones to choose from as well.

mike: sprint also has an excellent network + better plans and just as many if not more phones. what good is a rollover minute if you go over your minutes your going to charge me something like 50 cents a minute

Tammy: I am sorry that our plans do not fit your needs. Do you have any other questions for me today?

mike: i really like the iphone though. match my simply everything plan and i will switch tonight

Tammy: I wish I could. We do not pricematch our plans.

mike: your a salesperson. sell me a phone.

Tammy: While online, I am here to help you shop but I have no control over the pricing or any possible fees.

mike: you cant offer me any type of incentive to switch from sprint to at&t?

Tammy: Our incentives are on the pricing of the phones. The iPhone is a great $400 savings off the retail pricing for starting a new line of service.

mike: but im not really saving. simce the plan is way more expensive

Tammy: While the Unlimited Voice plan is a great peace of mind, many people don’t actually use enough to justify the cost compared to our “limited” plans with Rollover. I am not sure I would recommend Unlimited Talk if you don't talk very much. How many minutes do you normally use?

mike: id buy the pnoe flat out if match my servce

mike: over 1500 easily

Tammy: Unlimited data and messaging is $50 a month. Then you can choose a calling plan. We have the Nation 900 that also has the 5 A-List numbers that you can choose for $59.99. That comes to $109.99 per month.

mike: ok i just said i use ove 1500 mins a month and your telling me to get the nation 900. that means i would go over 600 mins a month at about 50 cents a minute.

mike: thats a $300 dollar overage

mike: how does that save me money

Tammy: I am sorry, I am just trying to help you choose a plan. If you have the A-List of 5 numbers you call most, those calls do not use any of your minutes.

mike: im sorry but i call more than 5 people

mike: i live on my ohone

Tammy: I do understand. I cannot change our calling plans. I am sorry if the ones we offer do not work for you.

Tammy: Do you have any other questions for me this evening?

mike: well im sorry too. i really like the iphone but i didnt realize at&t was out to just rake customers over the coals. obviously the service doesnt cost that much to provide if sprint can do it 50 dollars cheaper a month. great phone crappy company.

Tammy: I really am sorry that you feel that way. I have no control over the plans.

mike: the only advice i could offer you is go geta job working for sprint and you wouldnt have to apologize so much. have a nice night.

Tammy: Thank you for considering AT&T. Have a great evening.
    LOL, sounds like you had a pretty good time.... Sprint is definitely the lowest cost compared with Verizon and AT&T... especially with the new Any Mobile... Really no comparison. And coverage has NEVER been an issue with me when traveling around the US... so Verizon can have their stupid map.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I understand that you were having fun with the online salesperson but I honestly feel bad for her. They take some real tish from people sometimes
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I am all for Sprint. I love it, but you were just being a jerk. Does that make you feel better?

Are you 15 years old? I hope so, because if you are any older you should be ashamed of yourself.

Nice one bro. Real nice.
    wow. What an *******.
    What did you expect her to do for you?
    gross asshat

why did you do that?

karma will get you one day at your workplace
    If that was me on the AT&T end, i would've canceled that conversation halfway through.

Let's be clear. You wanted AT&T because of the iphone. That gives AT&T power in pricing. AT&T is adding users per quarter. They've no incentive to offer you anything. What Sprint charges you is irrelevant to AT&T.

It's like the old SERO plan. Go save money on Sprint but you can't have the iphone. You can't have data & voice.

Verizon has the map and now it has the Droid. AT&T has the iphone. Sprint is the one that keeps losing customers per quarter no matter how low they go or incentives they give out with one lame marketing campaign after another.

IMO, Sprint missed the boat by not signing up Palm long term and partnering to come up with more form factors especially higher end. Palm could've relaxed on expanding carriers and used its resources instead to focus more on improving webOS.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Wow!
    Since this is your only post, I'll assume it's contrived, but if it is real you are an epic do***bag. Right out of the gate with the 'one line' non-sense. I don't mind messing with telemarketers and the like, but you made the initial contact in this instance. What did this person ever do to you? Your Dad must not love you.
    I agree that you were being a jerk. The sales rep was just doing her job. Why were you harassing her when you could have just researched the plans yourself?
  10.    #10  
    wow you guys are brutal. i was honestly interested in getting an iphone as i am not happy with my pre. I had no idea at&t was so exspensive. I was suprised when i found out about at&t's pricing. I guess i have been spolied by sprints more affordable plans. but she was ridiculous and just couldnt grasp the concept that a limited minute plan would not work for me. And if you took the time to notice she refused to address the issue of overage charges. I brought it up several times and she steered clear of it. That irritated me. Your right she should have cancelled the conversation i was actually suprised that she didnt.

I am very happy with my sprint service. But unhappy with my pre. with all its bells and whistles its just not that great. i miss the simplistic RELIABILITY of my past treo's. I have been a fan of palm since the handspring visor. But i feel palm totally missed the mark on this phone and they have soured me on their products so im looking for a new alternitve.
  11.    #11  
    i was researching the plans. the caht window popped up when i went to their web site.
  12.    #12  
    this is exactly why i dont normally post in forums. you people are ignorant and very rude. and some of you have as many as 58 posts. ooohh im so impressed. the initial intent was to show the difference between sprint and at&t service plans. Because i was suprised at how unreasonably exspensive they are. And i had a little fun with it. Get over yourselves.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    Wow!
    but you made the initial contact in this instance.
    obviously you have a hard time reading. so go back to the top and read very slow. sound it out if you have to. it say i went the websit and a window popped up. hence they initiated the conversation. not me A******
    She could care less if Sprint has better priced plans. AT&T still gets more customers than Sprint even with such a price difference.
    I would have taken her to task on the "Vastly superior network" and asked her why so many people that leave a metropolitan area have no service through AT&T.
    Not cool. You wouldn't even answer her direct questions at the start.

Tammy: Howe many minutes will you use each month?
    Tammy: Are you wanting unlimited calling?
    Then by the end your talking about getting raped, calling AT&T a crapy company and telling her to quit her job. Who does that? There are real people on the other end of these conversations.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I work for a call center at at&t and not even my employee discount matches the standard Sprint plans. I have been with Sprint for 10 years+ and wont switch because of the value.

Keep in mind that at&t charges extra even for the turn by turn navigation with Sprint its already included.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bugluv67 View Post
    obviously you have a hard time reading. so go back to the top and read very slow. sound it out if you have to. it say i went the websit and a window popped up. hence they initiated the conversation. not me A******

No one has to chat, and certainly no one has to be an aggressive jerk for no reason. My post total is low, as I generally only offer my opinion when I think it will help someone, but check my join date, I've been around a while, and if I'm responding to your nonsense, that is meaningful. If you are that angry and irritated I'm comfortable with my initial thought that your Dad doesn't love you, and you take out your frustration on others.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    No one has to chat, and certainly no one has to be an aggressive jerk for no reason.

I'm comfortable with my initial thought that your Dad doesn't love you.

but if it is real you are an epic do***bag
    You started off by calling me a ******bag!! Practice what you preach and try not to be a hypocrite. Your lack of intelligence is not my fault. Im not the one making illfouned statements about your family or you status as a person. I dont know you and dont presume to know you. i only responded to your post, and thus far you have presented yourself to be an A******. So i to am comfortable whit my statement. Ok Pumkin.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Not cool. You wouldn't even answer her direct questions at the start.

Then by the end your talking about getting raped, calling AT&T a crapy company and telling her to quit her job. Who does that? There are real people on the other end of these conversations.
    The chat window was very slow and somehow duplicated my statement. at first i thought it was a bot. That was not intentional.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast