Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    I work for a call center at at&t and not even my employee discount matches the standard Sprint plans. I have been with Sprint for 10 years+ and wont switch because of the value.

Keep in mind that at&t charges extra even for the turn by turn navigation with Sprint its already included.

Exactly!

Even an at&t employee admits that the service plans are ridiculous compared to sprint.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    there was and is a better way to show comparison between plans, most of us on this site are with Sprint (Pre) and know the difference between companies. Being a cellular sales rep, i would have ended the chat a third of the way through, and if that would have been an in store convo, i would have kicked you out of my store. Plus, after that post, you call the members here rude?!?!
  3.    #23  
    i stated that i was suprised she didnt end the conversation. But she didnt even address my concerns about the plan. she just kept trying to push a limited minute plan so at&t could bill me for any overages. BECAUSE THATS HOW THEY MAKE MONEY!!!!.

I admit that i had little fun with her. But her customer service was terrible.

Admit it if you had a similar conversation with a customer under more civil conditions. wouldnt you address the customers needs instead of pushing a paln that they obviously do not want?

im honestly interested your opinion. How would have addressed the customer based on these facts?
    Quote Originally Posted by bugluv67 View Post
    she just kept trying to push a limited minute plan
    Not in the conversation you posted. You insisted on the unlimited plan and then chewed her out about it.
    If you really want an iPhone that badly, why not buy one unlocked for a few hundred and go to T-Mobile? Sure you'll get crappy coverage, but it'll be no worse than AT&T and will certainly be cheaper.

I can see both sides of this. On the one hand the CS rep wasn't really answering all of your questions, but on the other hand you were asking for things that she couldn't provide. The CS reps don't have pricing control over the plans; those are set at a corporate level and offer very little flexibility. The reps usually might have a little leway in the phone pricing, but not with something like the iPhone.

Bottom line, there was really no need to give the rep a hard time for doing her job, however rest assured that she and her coworkers had a good long laugh at your expence too.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    If you really want an iPhone that badly, why not buy one unlocked for a few hundred and go to T-Mobile? Sure you'll get crappy coverage, but it'll be no worse than AT&T and will certainly be cheaper.

I can see both sides of this. On the one hand the CS rep wasn't really answering all of your questions, but on the other hand you were asking for things that she couldn't provide. The CS reps don't have pricing control over the plans; those are set at a corporate level and offer very little flexibility. The reps usually might have a little leway in the phone pricing, but not with something like the iPhone.

Bottom line, there was really no need to give the rep a hard time for doing her job, however rest assured that she and her coworkers had a good long laugh at your expence too.

HMM I didnt realize that T-Mobile was an option? Ill research that a little more. Thank you for the input.

Also I oroginally posted this because it was an actual conversation with an AT&T rep about the differences between sprint and AT&T services. I admit i had a little fun with her. But i didnt think it warrented calling me a ******bag. All forums are the same. Its sad.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I think it was wise of him to give them the chance to offer him a lower rate, but he probably took it too far. I've seen tactics like that working with the cable and dish companies. You can even sometimes negotiate credit card rates. His question to her should have been "Can you match or come close to Sprints rates with unlimited everything?" her response should be that it would cost $50 more. Then the conversation should have ended with a couple thank yous and goodbyes.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    mike: its a shame because it really is a nice phone. but im not gonna get raped just to have one. I admit i had a little fun with her. But i didnt think it warrented calling me a ******bag. All forums are the same. Its sad

Hahahahaha! Rape jokes. To a woman. A stranger. You know, you're right, it's me. I (& others) shouldn't have called you out. You're a Prince among men, just looking for some fun.
    I thnk you're right about one thing though. All forums are the same. When you're the common denominator.
  9.    #29  
    again with the name calling and assumptions that you know me. this thread was actually becoming friendly and productive. but once again you felt the necessity to show yourself as a childish unitelligent person unable to be involved in an adult conversation.

Move on sir, and have a nice day.

Here ill spell it out slow because i know you have a hard time with the big words.

HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by duratime View Post
    I think it was wise of him to give them the chance to offer him a lower rate, but he probably took it too far. I've seen tactics like that working with the cable and dish companies. You can even sometimes negotiate credit card rates. His question to her should have been "Can you match or come close to Sprints rates with unlimited everything?" her response should be that it would cost $50 more. Then the conversation should have ended with a couple thank yous and goodbyes.
    Exactly. Most companies have better rates or plans to convince you to buy their services. Sometimes you just need to ask to get it. I am currently enjoying free HBO and Showtime for one year along with a reduced rate on my DVR service from my cable company. If you want a deal you just have to ask.

Although i once again admit that I was having a little fun with the lady. But only because she failed to address my concerns. Instead she just kept pushing a plan that i repetedly told her i didnt want.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Dude, seriously, that was messed up. I don't care if you are trying to get a better "plan price" or not, that was just flat out rude. And people wonder why sometimes they get a bad customer service rep, they probably just got out of a conversation like yours.
    Go Blue!

Bug I love your post! I think its funny. **** AT&T and their stupid iPhone.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    The chat window was very slow and somehow duplicated my statement. at first i thought it was a bot. That was not intentional.
    She told you she was a person. Just admit, you were out of line with her and be done with it.
    <<closed>>

We'd like to ask ones to keep their posts within Forum Guidelines

Thanks,
    -Berd
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12