1.    #1  
    A Japanese friend I know recently arrived from Japan with this phone - well not this EXACT phone but it looks almost exactly the same.

It takes a memory stick and has mp3 playback. He told me that he got the "cheap one" and that the "good one" has mp3 recording and live recording built it as well.....

sheesh.

Anyway he also has the blue T-600 and it matches so nicely with the phone (EXACT same shade of blue). TECH-ENVY!!!!

-Trotsky

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it is VERY slim and comes with a 160x120 color screen. SHEESH! Also the phone obviously doesn't have service here, but he just uses it as an mp3 player.
    Last edited by Trotsky; 02/09/2002 at 08:17 AM.
  2.    #2  
    I also thought you might be interested in this and maybe this .....

Crazy Japanese brothahs

-Trotsky
    How come he can't use the phone in the U.S. Isnt it cdma. What is the difference between cdma and cdmaone
    Originally posted by cripis
    How come he can't use the phone in the U.S. Isnt it cdma. What is the difference between cdma and cdmaone
    A phone that uses a memory stick? Sony is becoming a Microsoft or what!!! They are really going to make the MemoryStick ubiquitous.

Am I smelling some wireless capabilities built in a T-700 series or what. I wouldn't be surprised. Wireless and Hires would blow the i705 away.

PS. How much you wanna bet that soon he'll be able to download music to his MemoryStick (probably only to the MagicGate MemSticks) via a Sony service. Hey, it could happen
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by cripis
    There are different frequencies of CDMA. Japanese CDMA systems use different frequencies than US CDMA systems.

-Trotsky
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    A phone that uses a memory stick? Sony is becoming a Microsoft or what!!! They are really going to make the MemoryStick ubiquitous.
    I don't know if you knew this, mike, but that was the whole point of the memory stick.

My friend and I found a Japanese website on the memory stick about 1 year before they were ever released (we were looking for MD players) and we were shocked by the stuff they predicted there.

They want memory sticks in EVERYTHING Sony (and other affiliated electronics firms) makes. Clocks, TVs, microwaves, coffee makers, music players, dvd players, etc. That has been the idea since the planning stages - before memory sticks were even physically existant.

I remember my friend and I looked at each like, "memory stick? It looks cool but what is the USE of that thing? What's the point?" Back then there were VERY few digital cameras, the only mp3 player was the RIO by Diamond (which didn't use removable media anyway), etc, no palm pda had removable memory. So there didn't seem to be any application for it.

Looking back I realize that SOMEONE at sony was a real visionary to be able to see that need so long ago (ca 1997).

-Trotsky

EDIT: BTW the reasons given above are the reasons why I was quite surprised that the PS2 used memory cards instead of memory sticks.
    Originally posted by Trotsky
    . . . BTW the reasons given above are the reasons why I was quite surprised that the PS2 used memory cards instead of memory sticks.
    same here. I also wonder if in Sonys grand scheme of turning the PS2 into a compuert. Will you be able to hotsync to your PS2.

PS: Metal Gear Solid 2 rocks
    -Mikedemo
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    PS: Metal Gear Solid 2 rocks
    Until you beat it. The later stages and especially the ending are horrible.

-Trotsky
    Wow this phone is awesome. The diagram on the middle of that page? Is it stating that you can capture music directly from your set-top players to the phones MemoryStick?

Did you guys also notice it has a Bass control? not any of the Clies have that.
    -Mikedemo
  10. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    That phone is awesome! I want one! (ok, so I'm not going to pay $700 w/ service or $900 w/o service for one, but I still want one!)