Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    You wouldn't think the droid is immune to complaints would you?

Some complaints I'm already reading about "the droid"

poor battery life
    key board is of concern
    no multi-touch
    camera is slow/laggy

depending on who you believe I've even read that:

customer turnout on opening day was low.
    appeals to a narrow market (geeks)
    too large form factor.

Just keeping things "fair and balanced"
    you probably feel better for having a Pre now dont you?

thats the purpose of this thread rite...???
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post
    Funny how you spin it back to the pre on the short comings of the droid.

pre hater by chance?

thats the purpose of this thread rite...???
    rite is wrong

right?
    There are four lights.
    My only complaint when comes to Droid and Verizon, you're a Day Late and Dollar Short. Verizon has been stagnet for a long while, and I like many were hopeful for products like the Storm or otherwise that never quite made it. The Pre and Sprint have been cooking for a while and simply getting better every day.

Droid doesn't come close to the Pre when it comes to interface (no multitouch, huh???), half baked multitasking, and misc problems still needing ironing out. The Basher will chime in shortly to inform me the Pre is no way perfect, but then what is and I'll take all of Palm Pres shortcomings over a device missing things I've come to expect with my Beloved Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    Funny how you spin it back to the pre on the short comings of the droid.

pre hater by chance?
    ummmm no, i dont have a droid nor i ever will, but i find it ironic to find a thread just to list the faults on the droid on a Pre forum

side note: this is the cross platform chat but the Pre or another platform wasnt mentioned to compare so you are welcome for me bringing the Pre up to make the thread legit
    (\__/)
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Maybe Verizon users are comparing Droid battery to the Curve battery... Of course it's going to be lower.

However, the droid has a better battery than most touchscreen smartphones out there.
    The no multitouch is a bit concerning...
    I wouldn't be surprised seeing a low turnout. People have no clue what they're buying when they see the commercials. No actual picture of the droid...
    in not really a fan of the standard Android UI cuz IMO it looks meh.... not as elegant as the pre or the Hero IMO

Multitouch is another thing since the euro version has it and the US version doesnt.

Keyboard is stated to not be bad at all from all the personal reviews i read despite of the pro reviewers saying otherwise

Camera is also stated to not take so good pics despite of it being 5MP. Pre is the best camera phone i have ever used (better pics than the Hero also)

Plus i read that the videos dont do it justice at all, that in person is gorgeous and fast fast fast
    Last edited by Mike20PR; 11/08/2009 at 12:39 PM.
    (\__/)
    I know the Hero isn't the Droid, but I had a friend get the Pre, and his wife get the Hero. I played with the Hero, and it completely sucked! I would rather have a straight WM 6.1 phone over that junk. Slow as hell, Virtual KB was horrible. I tried to convince her to keep it and get used to it (Honestly I did), but she took it back for a Pre and now is very happy! You couldn't get me to goto an 'out of the box, is what you get' phone again. Open source WebOS! Not a comparison!!!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I dont like the droid its wayyyyyy to big and heavy and for some reason it looks ugly lmfao ....i was planning on getting one and leaving my pre but not any more after i saw what it can do and how it looks...so GOOOOO PALMMMM PREEEE!!!!!!!!
    I just picked up the Droid Friday, and it is by far, the BEST cell phone I have ever used.

poor battery life
    Seriously? I used my phone HEAVILY for an entire day, and when I went to bed, it still had power. I used the GPS for almost 2 hours, browsed the web, sent some texts, and also used the camera to take some pictures outside. If anyone complains about the battery life they are a.) crazy, b.) irrational, c.) have the highest expectations in the world.

key board is of concern
    I find the keyboard to be totally acceptable. Yeah, it is not the BEST keyboard I have used, but i rarely make mistakes. I have already sent out multiple e-mails and I rarely make a mistake.

no multi-touch
    Do we have to go through this again? Android 2.0 DOES IN FACT support mutlitouch, it is just not implemented in any apps as of now. This "no multitouch" thing is getting so annoying.

camera is slow/laggy
    The camera could be better, but if you are taking pictures of something standing still (aka pictures of friends, pictures outside (sans animals), etc.) the photos are amazing.

Android 2.0 is incredible. It is so freaking fast! I have had multiple friends comment on how fast it is, and how smooth the transitions are. I can't wait to learn the SDK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton View Post
    Do we have to go through this again? Android 2.0 DOES IN FACT support mutlitouch, it is just not implemented in any apps as of now. This "no multitouch" thing is getting so annoying.
    Looks like we do have to go over it again. Everyone knows that multitouch is "supported" in 2.0 but can you actually use it throughout the phone's UI? Unfortunately, the answer is no. And until you can, that argument is going to continue to come up.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    ummmm no, i dont have a droid nor i ever will, but i find it ironic to find a thread just to list the faults on the droid on a Pre forum

side note: this is the cross platform chat but the Pre or another platform wasnt mentioned to compare so you are welcome for me bringing the Pre up to make the thread legit

I never said anything about you owning a droid, what's ironic is you speaking on behalf of a phone you don't even own.

I bit presumptuous but no thanks for thread legitamcy.
    I picked up a driod and the device is great but its not better than a pre. Andriod is garbage, if the phone was running webos then it would be a different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    I picked up a driod and the device is great but its not better than a pre. Andriod is garbage, if the phone was running webos then it would be a different story.
    How is android garbage?

It is open source, based on linux, runs fantastic, is super fast, etc.

Why do people make such general claims? At least give some evidence why you believe it is garbage.
    I jus don't like it compared to webos. It jus look boring. I can't go back to that type of multitasking it just feels outdated. I'll hold out for the successor to the pre I know ruby isn't sitting on his ***.
    too large form factor.
    To me, this is the most underrated criteria I see.

Many of us carry in our pocket only, or we don't carry at all. We want the portability of our device to be an afterthought, we do not want the brain damage of collecting holsters, clips, etc. every morning before we go to work nor do we want these accessories hanging from our belt, getting knocked off when we sit down, brush up against people, things, car doors, etc.

If you're in this group, the Pre wins against the Droid, iPhone, Hero or any other device that has an additional 12-16mm of length. And it's not close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    Looks like we do have to go over it again. Everyone knows that multitouch is "supported" in 2.0 but can you actually use it throughout the phone's UI? Unfortunately, the answer is no. And until you can, that argument is going to continue to come up.
    if the hardware actually supports multitouch then how come the browser doesnt respond to it you have to use the focus buttons. 2.0 may support it for another phone that will have the hardware to do it. personally this is the reason i hate the droid, after owning an ipod touch and now the pre multi touch display is a total dealbreaker for me
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    if the hardware actually supports multitouch then how come the browser doesnt respond to it you have to use the focus buttons. 2.0 may support it for another phone that will have the hardware to do it. personally this is the reason i hate the droid, after owning an ipod touch and now the pre multi touch display is a total dealbreaker for me
    The hardware SUPPORTS it. The very first android phone, the G1 supported it. However unless the browser was programmed to use it, it will do nothing!

This isn't that big of an issue, since android announced it will support c++. Mozilla anounced they will release firefox for android. As long as mozilla includes the multitouch APIs, mobile firefox will be multitouch.

I actually prefer double tapping anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton View Post
    How is android garbage?

It is open source, based on linux, runs fantastic, is super fast, etc.

Why do people make such general claims? At least give some evidence why you believe it is garbage.
    These forums are going to be biased. Pre lovers will never admit a phone could be better. If there is another pre, we can pick up the conversation from there. I'll say it again. Palm is not a player in the game.

Oh whoever said android is garbage obviously wants to start an argument. It's about the masses and android will eventually sway the masses. Don't think palm will, sorry to say. If android is garbage then that means Google is. I bet the same people use YouTube, Google search and Google maps. Kind of ironic.
    Last edited by THETRUTH; 11/08/2009 at 05:33 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast