Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by rnash2 View Post
    Bar Code scanner integrated with weight watchers, just scan the box and add it to your points for the day.
    What Bar Code scanner application you're using? How do you integrate it with the WW mobile site?
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    apparently android 2.0 has numerous glitches and will have fixes rolled out to take care of them before there is an up swelling of resentment (sound familiar?)

among the issues:camera focus, phone locks up, media player, bluetooth, etc.....(too many to mention)

Just goes to show that even if you're the big boy on the block, there's ALWAYS going to be room for improvement.
    I'd rather they acknowledge the glitches and take care of them rather than ignore customers. That would me off more than the glitches. But all companies seem to think customers are beta testers these days. Every time I look around, something has a glitch and not just small ones.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40 View Post
    Boy, a little sensitive, eh? Just keep clicking your heels and saying "my Droid has multitouch, my Droid has multitouch......" Feeling better already I bet!
    If Android is open source, maybe a cooked version could add it to the US Droid. I read someone was doing homebrew Android for the G1 and Touch. Just speculation but it MAY be possible to add it even if Moto disabled it for the US version. Since the Milestone is the same phone(GSM version) and has it, however they enabled it, maybe someone can figure out what they did.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It will be added by modders. The g1 and mytouch 3g have had it for over 6 months now. It is not hard to turn on, once you root the phone. Youtube has some videos on how this can be done. not rooting but adding the option for multi touch.

Multi touch works in the pics app and there is a youtube on that too
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Actually the Droid-multitouch argument reminds me of the iPhone-multitask argument. It can, but won't.
    What do you mean the Droid won't multitouch?

You do realize that there are apps out now that support multitouch, and if you download them on your Droid, you can use pinch+zoom? (someone before me commented on this)

The UI does not support multitouch, but the device itself does.

Maybe I cannot use deductive logic properly, but I do not see at all how this is related to the iPhone multitask argument?

In other words, in terms of developing software, your app WILL HAVE MULTITOUCH if you include the multitouch API's in your software. In other words, no matter what hardware you have, if the operating system supports multitouch (which is will if there are multitouch API's), if you do NOT include the multitouch API, you will NOT have multitouch in your software. This is the case with EVERY phone, if you were to write a program for the iPhone or Pre, if you don't include the multitouch API, your app will not support it. Period.
    Ugly interface!!
    Just want to update:

The Dolphin Web Browser (free in the android market) supports tabbed web browsing, and multitouch.

Again, for all the people that are saying the Droid does not support multitouch, here is more evidence that the Droid does.
    Motorola Droid: 800,000 sold and counting since 6 November (Link). Has Pre sold that many yet?
    My cousin went from the Pre, to G1, and now the Droid. He is in love with the Droid, and he wants to show me why. I have yet to play with one, so lets see what is so special about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Motorola Droid: 800,000 sold and counting since 6 November (Link). Has Pre sold that many yet?
    Likely since lauch but not in one month. Pre is outselling Droid on Amazon and Walmart in overall sales.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Likely since lauch but not in one month. Pre is outselling Droid on Amazon and Walmart in overall sales.
    The Pre is 100-130$ cheaper though isnt it? Comparing apples to buy 1 get 1 free oranges?
    I just hope there is a Droid2 on Sprint in six months along with a Pre2.
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenPreed View Post
    The Pre is 100-130$ cheaper though isnt it? Comparing apples to buy 1 get 1 free oranges?
    The question was did Pre sell as many as Droid, not the impact of Pre costing less than Droid.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123