1.    #1  
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    It's also a powerful platform with a large user base to attract developers. *shocker*
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    mostly fart apps
    Quote Originally Posted by 93akkord View Post
    mostly fart apps
    keep kidding yourself
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    also iphone is 2 yrs old!
    I want to know why the sky is blue. And I demand answers!
    How can every ebook be a separate app? Its just stupid how apple counts the apps. Have you ever tried to find something in their catalog. Its almost impossible.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 93akkord View Post
    mostly fart apps
    No, there are only 14,000 sound board / fart apps.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Blue Sky - Why is the Sky Blue?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAfter909 View Post
    I want to know why the sky is blue. And I demand answers!
    This is no shock ... the numbers themselves never impressed me ... obviously a lot of those 100,000 are duplicates and dreck. But there's also no denying that the iPhone has "mo' better" apps. It's been in existence longer and has a huge user base. If having a wide choice of apps, or some specific app is the most important thing for you ... then you should probably get an iPhone.

Palm has repeatedly said they are not trying to "beat" Apple, they just want to be in the game (the smartphone game). The design of WebOS and it's apps does differentiate it ... good in some ways, not so good in others ... but it does give customers some different options.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Egads.... one of my co-workers has a fart noise app on his iphone and plays it constantly - so annoying!
    How can every ebook be a separate app? Its just stupid how apple counts the apps. Have you ever tried to find something in their catalog. Its almost impossible.
    The best I saw was an app to help guide you through the mess of apps. It was actually a legitimate thing too. Basically an app to help navigate the apps. I mean, come on!
    Any way you want to look at it, Apple and a bunch of developers are smiling all the way to the bank, the stockholders are cheering, the users are lovin' their phones, and the rest of the industry looks like Wile E. Coyote right after being blown off the road by the Roadrunner.

It's a juggernaut that no one else has come close to.

...even with the fart apps.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    Yeah and this is only unique to the app store.
    Is this true? I don't pay much attention to Apple Stuff. Seems like a big waste. Now if only Doc's to go and a good astronomy app for the PRE....
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.