Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Hey guys, i just got done printing my confrimation order from Sony's site

Sorry for the length of time since my last post, but I wanted to wait and see if the Royal Blue came available...and it did this morning!

So yeah, Sony has my order...free shipping, i also ordered a 64mb stick for it, Sony says "usually ships in 1-3 biz days"..so hopefully it will be here by the end of the week?

OK, it doesnt come with a leather type case like the vdx does it? ..suppose i need to pick one of those up, any suggestions?

and how about screen protectors...i definately need a new batch of those for that sweet color screen.
    Originally posted by mavr1k west
    OK, it doesnt come with a leather type case like the vdx does it? ..suppose i need to pick one of those up, any suggestions?
    I got the Extreme Limits case... It's ok, but I'm not in love with it. I find Vaja cases too fancy, though, and I want a "work-through" case, which Extreme Limits definitely is.

and how about screen protectors...i definately need a new batch of those for that sweet color screen.
    Brandos... see articles elsewhere on VC about the Brando Screen Protector. I've seen the light, hallelujah...
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    I would without question go for the T615. It has the best PDA display on the planet! Probably the best Palm form factor as well. WHen you compare all of the available Palm devices side by side there isn't one that even comes close. The only thing that isn't so good is the up/down button, but with the jog wheel, you don't really need it!
  4.    #24  
    OK, i officially hate UPS.

Sony...shipped my Clie and memory stick via ground ( )

And it wont come until the 28th......i cant wait that long!

they just take there sweet time with groundshipping.

In the mean time, ive downloaded over 18 megs of color apps and what not for its arrival....i cant wait.
    Ill let you guys know what my ultimate purchase will be....sadly though...i hate to leave Handspring behind....but they asked for it.
    Hehe, they sure did! I'm very disappointed in them, the Visor Edge is just not what it should be. How could it have been competition for the Palm V with all those QC issues? The Palm V didn't have any, if I remember.

As for your new T615, congrats! I think it'll work out well for you. You seem to use it quite a lot at school, for gaming, so you'll probably need to think in a little bit of battery conservation. Just check it out one day, and see how it fares. Once you get home from school, no worries, stick it in right at home in the cradle.

I used to have a 710 clie, *sigh*, but it got stolen. Be careful. Lot of people are gonna wanna see it, and possibly want it. So only let those you know see it, much less play with it, unless you're gonna stay and watch them. Just a word of caution. I go to High School in a very nice suburb in Los Angeles. Students from my school go to Ivy Leagues, get 1600s on SATs, and are National Merit scholars, yet...they don't have the decency to return a lost device. A very expensive device... It can happen anywhere.

When your T615 comes, just play with it, and I'm sure you'll answer many of your questions. If you don't check back here, we got plenty of new T615 users...I'll be joining you guys soon enough! Maybe one of you can sell me your T615 in 6, 7 months You might wanna check out past posts on high-res / clie specific software, you'll be surprised about how much power and potential your device has. hehe. Good luck!
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .

oh yea, i think thats going to be the hardest part about buying the Clie.....im not sure if i have enough self-control to let it charge all the way ....hahaha....cant I just turn it on while its charging?

What???? I was supposed to let it charge first??? I plugged that sucker in with the power adapter and went to town! No charging WHATSOEVER! It only got whatever juice it could get while I was playing!

I knew I should have read the manual....
    Thanks, yes...i do go a bit heavy on my vdx ;-)
    I'm almost the same way...I'm a High School Senior with a two-month old Blue VDX / Stowaway / FREE Wordsmith user-

I got a free Code for Wordsmith when I e-mailed them asking for a student rate-- they responded with a free code!!!

To explain how I use it:

First hour - Business - In a computer lab, so not much. I usually spend that hour looking at the VC Boards since they aren't on AvantGo.

Second hour - JROTC - Usually most of the period, half AvantGo or playing games (try Bubblet for a game not requiring a lot of attention) and keyboard typing last minute notes for the other half

Third Hour - English - When we were doing MacBeth, I read it off Wordsmith instead of carrying around the book like everyone else ...now we are watching Hamlet, so I am reading the SparkNotes that I copied off the Internet while watching the movie... whenever we do notes, I use my stowaway, too, when taking notes

Fourth Hour - Government - All the time, taking notes. My teacher lets us use notes on the test, and lets me use notes right off my visor it's great!

Fifth Hour - History AP - All the time, taking notes. I have to print them out though...

Sixth/Seventh Hour - Not Much, I actually do work in Statistics/Chemistry.

I use either Rechargable NiMHs or the Energizer Ultra or whatever they are called - I get usually 4-5 days out of them. Outside of school, I am constantly using the visor, with the backlight on in various places about half an hour a day
    Blue Visor Deluxe ~ Clie T615 ~ Zire 71 ~ Treo 650 ~ Palm Centro
  8.    #28  
    Woot! My Clie arrived today!

Im at work right now, so I brought it with me to charge...4 hours right?

Is it safe to use it while its charging for its first time (while still in the cradle)?

Im dieing to see what the screen looks like...when i first slapped it into the cradle, a PalmPowered logo flashed on the screen for a bit.........but it was Greyscale...so im just dieing to look at the screen....

Im working a 4 hour night shift tonight, so when i get home...its party time

Ill post again when I get home, thanks for all the advice guys.
  9.    #29  
    All i have to say is ..... SWEET

The Clie finished charging 30 mins before I left for work...giving me sometime to play with the new color screen....its just sweet

Im ending the day at school right now..and the status on the batteries (drum roll please)..........

is 59%! That is kick ***!

Now, im assuming that bring the contrast all the way down to the left will conserver a wee bit of bat juice, so I keep it down there for most of the day...only cranked it up when I was showing it off.

Manuals, what are manuals? Im not one to read manuals, but i think I should for this thing..considering it came with two of them....both thick.

I figured out how to get MS Import/Export to work, and get pictures onto it.....i think ive pretty much figured out where to store files on the MS card so that POS see's them...

I moved the Noah Lite - Medium Dictionary over to the MS,...and boy was it slow to load...is there anyway that I can improve this?

Please keep in mind, that Im used to the 8mb flash module for my visor...and this is a heck of alot differnt.

A breakdown of it would be cool.

I am one extremly happy camper..the form factor of this thing..is...just...so incredibly sweet...its so skinny. Im use to having my VdX buldging out of my right cargo pocket...now i have the vdx still in the right cargo pocket...and the Clie in a half-cargo pocket on the left leg....you dont even notice it in there.

I must say...sony...you kick ***.

Tonight/this weekend im gonna play around with movie clips on it...i downloaded one from a site that was suggested by the Yahoo! Clie Group, called BloopTV ( i downloaded webisode 1) - it plays fine...but I get no audio from it.

Well, ill keep you all informed of my battery stats and what not ..haha...im planning on buying a recharge cable for on the go.

Thanks Again
    I moved the Noah Lite - Medium Dictionary over to the MS,...and boy was it slow to load...is there anyway that I can improve this?
    The MS speed is about 1.25 MB a minute I believe, which is pretty slow. Flash Module is about 1 MB a minute, so they should be very comparable. There is nothing you can do about that, that's a hardware limitation. You can make sure nothing else is running, and overclock, which may minimally speed up your load time. With OS 4.1, hotsyncs are blazing fast. I put a 1 MB PRC on the clie in about 30 seconds...crazy stuff...

However, just like the flash module, you can put the dictionary file in a folder on the MS, and run it using PiDirect, it'll act as if it were in RAM to NoahLite, just like the flash module. So it won't be slow after the initial transfer to MS.
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
  11.    #31  
    OK, anyone have a recommendation for a power/hotsync cable?

how about a generic cable..awhile back i saw a combo serial/usb cable that was being used on a visor plat. would that work on my Clie?
    OK, anyone have a recommendation for a power/hotsync cable?

how about a generic cable..awhile back i saw a combo serial/usb cable that was being used on a visor plat. would that work on my Clie?
    I believe your only two options are the Sony cable, and one from Brando, but I could be wrong. (And Brando's may only make the legendary "serial hotsync" cable that allows you to do a non-USB, standard serial hotsync with non-USB PCs, like an NT 4 machine.)
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  13.    #33  
    Well, i think ill but a hotsync cable at a later time (serial or usb).

Id like serial...just because i could get a com connection to my pc...but thats trivial..just something for fun and completly useless.

But i did order a power cable from amazon...excellent prices compared to sony's site.

I also ordered a package of Brandos (cant wait...already starting to see "blemishes").

Overall, the Clie T615c ROCKS....i mean...you guys that have been sticking with me here see how hard core i went on my visor...im basically doing the same stuff on the Clie...and im only down to 45% bat juice...which is ok for me...its the end of my school day and ill be home to charge it soon... (takes like15 mins now )
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12