Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    {Please don't flame me guys } but I did go ahead and switch from the Pre to the Samsung Moment. I have narcolepsy and really need my calendar to work well. I had a lot of bugs with the Pre on this. I really love the moment so far. It is so much faster than the Pre (again, please no flaming). The Moment is bigger which is a plus for some. I also like the sideways keyboard and the 10,000 apps that are available. (Something like that.) The Pre is a great little device and will turn out great I'm sure once all the bugs are worked out. Oh and I must say, I though the Pre had the best camera on a phone period, but the Moment's is actually better! It can do Macro shots and it has a really great autofocus built-in. You guys should check it out. I don't post many things, but will still float around here to see what's going on with the Pre. It will always have a place in my heart.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    So...we're asked to not flame several times but you can post a short review of another phone in a thread topic named Palm Pre? I C...... As if we all cared that you left in the first place....
    Here's my support, in advance of the Pre-luvin avalanche soon to come....
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    My brother got the Moment and i thought it was alright. The phone is large and would seem awkward to carry as compared to the Pre. It is bigger in height, width, and thickness. It only has Android 1.6. And it doesn't have pinch-to-zoom, which is a big negative.

Other than that, i thought it was alright. The sliding function was smoother than the Pre and the animations between screens seemed smooth.
    Why post at all if you're worried about flaming? Seems like this post belongs either on an Android forum or the cross platform forum (or whatever it's called)
    I got to play with the Moment, and I love it. Great phone, love the design, keyboard, screen. Android was great to play with, very intuitive and easy to use. I'm currently trying to sell my Pre so I can get one. Wish I had waited to get the Pre now, after having 4 of them, a phone I actually wouldn't mind hanging on to comes out :/
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketr View Post
    My brother got the Moment and i thought it was alright. The phone is large and would seem awkward to carry as compared to the Pre. It is bigger in height, width, and thickness. It only has Android 1.6. And it doesn't have pinch-to-zoom, which is a big negative.

Other than that, i thought it was alright. The sliding function was smoother than the Pre and the animations between screens seemed smooth.
    If it gets 2.0, it'll get multitouch. The screen is capable of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I got to play with the Moment, and I love it. Great phone, love the design, keyboard, screen. Android was great to play with, very intuitive and easy to use. I'm currently trying to sell my Pre so I can get one. Wish I had waited to get the Pre now, after having 4 of them, a phone I actually wouldn't mind hanging on to comes out :/
    Ely, weren't you one of the Pre's biggest supporters on this forum?
    If it gets 2.0, it'll get multitouch. The screen is capable of it.
    sorry guys i work for sprint and use the palm pre and the moment is not even close to the palm pre.the camera is not as good the screen is not even in the same ball park with the palm pre trust me keep your pre its not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Ely, weren't you one of the Pre's biggest supporters on this forum?
    I was, and still feel it's a great phone, it's just the hardware doesn't live up to the OS. Like I said, I've had 4 Pre's now, enough is enough. The one I have now is actually the best so far, slider is damned crisp, to say the least, but I don't want to fiddle with it, I don't want a new phone every month, I want 1 phone that lasts me until my next upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdfan70 View Post
    sorry guys i work for sprint and use the palm pre and the moment is not even close to the palm pre.the camera is not as good the screen is not even in the same ball park with the palm pre trust me keep your pre its not even close.
    The Moment's screen looks leaps and bounds better, IMO. AMOLED is one helluva great looking screen. Also has none of the blotchiness common in Pre's, and dead pixels just don't happen. I don't care where you work, that doesn't qualify your opinion any more than my opinion.
    I was, and still feel it's a great phone, it's just the hardware doesn't live up to the OS. Like I said, I've had 4 Pre's now, enough is enough. The one I have now is actually the best so far, slider is damned crisp, to say the least, but I don't want to fiddle with it, I don't want a new phone every month, I want 1 phone that lasts me until my next upgrade.
    I understand. Good to see some honesty around here.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Thing is, the Moment still feels like a first-generation device -- and for a platform that launched commercially a solid year ago, that's not really acceptable. We would've liked to have seen Samsung come to the table with a phone that was sleeker, prettier, more thought-out, and -- if nothing else -- ran the latest and greatest version of Android that Google and the OHA have to offer.
    Samsung Moment review

+ it's big an clunky + old android 1.5 = no thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    Samsung Moment review

+ it's big an clunky + old android 1.5 = no thanks.
    I read that review, and I watched their video review, which did NOT echo those sentiments. I also can't echo the sentiments in the Engadget review, it felt very polished and fast. Just because it may be on 1.5 now(is it? I didn't even look when I was playing with it) doesn't mean it's going to stay on 1.5. It's capable of running 2.0, and I doubt Samsung is just going to stay where it is. Big is subjective, it seemed smaller than a G1, which is the epitome of large phones.

By the way, Android 1.5 is a LOT more developed than WebOS 1.2.1.
    <<moved to correct forum>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    As always, get what works for you......good luck. Everyone has their own opinions of cell phones. And in the end, that's all it is, a cell phone. Not worth getting a jacked up about. Just because one person doesn't like the Pre and gives his goodbyes is no reason to hate on them. Just my take on it.
    whats up flamers!!!! stop flaming will ya??!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I'm with Elysian893. I loved the pre, but the support just isn't there. I've switched to the moment and i've gotta say its a solid phone. I know it looks plain, but it does what it says and the keyboard is great. the amoled screen is gorgeous, and let's face it, many apps to tweak the phone to my specification. i'm gonna let webos mature a little, but it needs to do a lot of catching up. once this bad boy is rooted, 2.0 will be a nonissue as cookers will get that up and running.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I read that review, and I watched their video review, which did NOT echo those sentiments. I also can't echo the sentiments in the Engadget review, it felt very polished and fast. Just because it may be on 1.5 now(is it? I didn't even look when I was playing with it) doesn't mean it's going to stay on 1.5.
    It might be running 1.6 or 2.0 in the future, just like the Pre might be running 1.3 or 1.4 in the future. I'd take webOS over Android 1.5 any day. Obviously, because Android 1.5 was released before the Pre.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billecorgan View Post
    {Please don't flame me guys } but I did go ahead and switch from the Pre to the Samsung Moment. I have narcolepsy and really need my calendar to work well. I had a lot of bugs with the Pre on this. I really love the moment so far. It is so much faster than the Pre (again, please no flaming). The Moment is bigger which is a plus for some. I also like the sideways keyboard and the 10,000 apps that are available. (Something like that.) The Pre is a great little device and will turn out great I'm sure once all the bugs are worked out. Oh and I must say, I though the Pre had the best camera on a phone period, but the Moment's is actually better! It can do Macro shots and it has a really great autofocus built-in. You guys should check it out. I don't post many things, but will still float around here to see what's going on with the Pre. It will always have a place in my heart.

Any reason you were compelled to write about your purchase of a samsung cellphone on a Palm forum?
    I know you listed in the cross platform forum but wouldn't it more sense to find a samsung forum website and post how much you like the phone?

Forum marketing anyone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast