Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    here,here.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    Any reason you were compelled to write about your purchase of a samsung cellphone on a Palm forum?
    I know you listed in the cross platform forum but wouldn't it more sense to find a samsung forum website and post how much you like the phone?

Forum marketing anyone?
    Uh, yeah, I thought you guys might be interested since I left a Pre for the Moment. The Moment seems 10 times better than the Pre. All the programs pop right up. The camera is way better with autofocus and will do macro shots. The screen looks much more vibrant. The speakerphone is louder. The calendar actually works. I just though somebody would want to know. My girlfriend and I both left the Pre for the Moment and are just so much happier. I don't think the so called 'Professionals' that do the reviews do it justice. I think the Moment is also a good looking phone.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billecorgan View Post
    My girlfriend and I both left the Pre for the Moment and are just so much happier.
    Last week, my wife upgrader her Samsung Instinct to a Moment. She thought she was going to get a Hero, but the Sprint salesperson convinced her that the Moment was a better phone because of the physical keyboard.

Unfortunately, my wife's Moment crapped out exactly five days after purchase; evidently the phone radio died, it kept going to Airplane mode on its own, and in the end she could no longer make or receive any calls. Evidently, other Moment owners have had this problem as well.

Aside from the very nice screen, my wife was unimpressed with the Moment from day one. In the end, we both agree that Android 1.x is a much less attractive operating system than WebOS. She even prefers the old Samsung Instinct interface to Android.

My wife got a replacement Moment today, but is planning to swap it for a Pixi on November 15. She could care less about wi-fi and has zero interest in personal customization, but is a major texter and Facebook junkie. I thought about looking at the Hero after reading all the rave reviews on this forum, but I just don't see the appeal of Android after using WebOS.

Compared to WebOS, Android seems very customizable out of the box, but much less intuitive and elegant. After using gestures to move around your phone, it's hard to go back to all those menus and drop-down lists. I'm excited for the OS upgrade coming with the release of the Pixi, which promises to make WebOS even more responsive.
    I agree that everyone needs to get the phone that works for them and android is nice, but the Moment is UGLY! I personally need my phone to look good along with working good.
    I'm not a big fan of the look of the moment, either hardware or software. But I'll tell ya, that 800MHz CPU is darn sexy. Especially compared to Hero's 528MHz. That's a 51.6% speed boost.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    I think the Moment looks great. It's a very business phone, not meant to be flashy or cool, or look like a polished pebble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    I think the Moment looks great. It's a very business phone, not meant to be flashy or cool, or look like a polished pebble.
    Don't insult the pebble!!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    I for one appreciate OP's post. I played with moment at Sprint store and liked it very much. It did feel somewhat thick. But other than that the phone seemed solid and that screen was just out of this world.

However, I've wanted to hear someone's opinion on it. Someone who's actually used both devices, Pre and Moment.

I can almost live with Pre's crappy hardware (loose slider and random reboots.) but the lag and calendar app is really driving me nuts..
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
  10.    #30  
    I've been using it for about a week and I absoloutely love it. No lag waiting for apps to open. No trying to call somebody and wondering what's going on and then hit the phone key onscreen only to find out that I tapped it twice which ended the call. I can actually customize the home screen on the Samsung Moment. I can put tons of different widgets on it's three different home screens (and of course change the background). I don't know what people are talking about when they say the interface is ugly. It looks just as good as the Pre to me and just as good as 2.0. The camera has autofocus so I can take up close shots as well. I thought the Pre's camera was the best ever for a phone, but this one just 1 ups it with the autofocus. The screen is sweet! The keyboard is awesome too. It has a good feel to it and I can type very fast on it without getting errors like on the Pre. Oh, also I didn't realize how much I would like visual voicemail until I had it. It's so nice to just see your messages and pick and choose what to listen to and what to just delete. My wife and I both changed to the Moment and have had zero issues. They also sync beautifully with google's calendar and contacts. It sucks getting your stuff to google, but after that, it's so easy. Also, the "Market" for the apps have like 10,000 apps I've heard and there are some very great apps. There's a facebook app that my wife loves. It auto updates and shows the latest stuff going on automatically. Since it has a built-in compass, I can use this google sky program and identify the stars at night which I think is pretty cool. Anyway, I just wanted to let y'all know mine and my wife's opinion of the phone.
    tell us how well the GPS service works on it.. .not too well... many, many unhappy Moment owners right now.
    Pre! Ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So, have you sold your pre yet?
    Different strokes for different folks. Me and my kids of have 3 Pre's, got them when they first came out, only had 1 problem (my daughter's on/off button broke) other than that, no cracked screens, oreo effects, laggiing or rebooting issues. I like the it's size, fits in my jeans pocket, not lugging around a brick all day and have to wear a dorky side case. The OS is cool and between the updates, preware, and homebrew apps we are really happy with the Pre. Really looking forward to future of this platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by csinsc View Post
    tell us how well the GPS service works on it.. .not too well... many, many unhappy Moment owners right now.
    I would be one of those moment owners. I agonized over the moment and the Pre, eventually picking the Moment. It is customizable but not as effecient as WebOS. The GPS issue is frustrating.

The more I play with my wife's Pixi, the more I am liking WebOS.
    I too looked at the Moment for awhile... liked the speed, programs... even the battery life looked ok... but the GPS issue killed it for me.. although there is hope, I understand that it is a Android 1.5 issue. Perhaps 1.6 will fix it for you. Good luck and let me know if they get it right... I do like the moment.
    "I've been using it for about a week and I absoloutely love it. No lag waiting for apps to open. No trying to call somebody and wondering what's going on and then hit the phone key onscreen only to find out that I tapped it twice which ended the call."

Oh I thought I was the only one who did that.

Every night when my husband is screaming at me because he can't reach me on the phone, or the call drops five times in 10 minutes, or I try to make a call, wait for it to ring until I've forgotten who I was calling, I want another phone. I love everything about this phone BUT THE PHONE!

I talked my boss and two coworkers into buying this phone on June 6th with me and will never admit to them that I'm falling out of love with it, but if I had the money to end my contract, I'm afraid I would.

I think I'm going to buy a prepaid phone just so I can make phone calls -- and use the PRE for all the other stuff.
    I went and got a Moment, but am going to keep my pre since wifi works. I guess if I reboot the pre I will have to unlock it somehow.
    I think the moment is the best Android device out there. This is the place to talk about other devices. I would have to say the Pre is quicker for doing simple tasks with one finger. Also since I cannot see well the Pre has been easy to read. The Hero was more difficult to see, icons and things maybe due to the lower amount of colors. The Moment is lots better and I can see and read on it as well as the pre.
    Some cool things I like about it. I like its thickness and design. With a side pouch and belt clip it feels fine. The keyboard is very big and takes getting used to, but I can use 2 fingers instead of one like on the pre. If you concentrate on tapping at the blue let fn key area it hits the right keys. Also the virtual keyboard is the best so far I've seen. there is a dedicated camera button on the side as well as what seems to be a record switch. There are a couple glitches in the camera switch when used with flash.
    The Moment will get Android 2.0 as well as some other updates like firmware. There are Apps I like that palm seems it will not get. I do like the compass apps, voice and call recorder, voice commands, and even the metal detector works. I also like the news widget which has some overseas news that I can't get on the pre.
    Hardware feels real good, industrial like, faster processor than the hero. I don't know what its running at. It does have the oreo effect, but I don't care.
    Something I like is when I push phone button and name I don't accidentally call someone like on the pre and can choose from 3 other options.
    Also sound is way louder even with headphones. I paid full price so I can upgrade to whatever comes out in the summer palm or android OS. So far these 2 are the best phones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12