1.    #1  
    This is the picture from palminfocenter brightened up a bit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by slotmachine; 02/05/2002 at 09:34 PM.
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    That is an interesting concept. It kind of reminds me of the Edge with the new tDevice Q-Pad attached.

Personally, this is not a product that I would be interested in. I still prefer the PDA/Stowaway combo.

I really hope folks do not swerve to far off course with PDA Development and forget the sole purpose of the device.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  3.    #3  
    Could be cool, but that needs to be a really ruggedized hinge. I wonder how thick it would be with the keyboard folded behind the display.
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    With Verizons new 144kbs network we will be seeing many more things like this especially since all the cell providers are going to provide fast cellular networks by the end of the year.

--David
    check the last 2 shots on this Japanese page!

http://ascii24.com/news/i/topi/artic...3400-001.html?
    Originally posted by GSR13
    ...I really hope folks do not swerve to far off course with PDA Development and forget the sole purpose of the device.
    Interesting statement. In the future, as I do now, I would want to use my PDA (Handspring or not) for MANY purposes. What do you think the sole purpose is?

. . . . Brian
    Originally posted by kalahari

Interesting statement. In the future, as I do now, I would want to use my PDA (Handspring or not) for MANY purposes. What do you think the sole purpose is?

. . . . Brian
    The sole purpose, to me, is a simple, intuitive organizer/address book/todo/etc...

The beauty of the Palm OS, is it comes with these core functions and they are very easy to use. In addition, the OS allows many third-party applications to enhance the user experience.

As an example, I would love to have a PalmOS running on PocketPC Hardware, with software developers offering tons of options.

Unfortunately, as I have said before, my opinion of the average user is not what they can make the device do, but it what it already does out of the box. My concern is, the more Palm tries to make the OS do, the more complex and bloated the OS will become. I am all for advancement, but I prefer it be for the Core OS applications. Give me a solid OS, awesome hardware, and then let the developers go to work. I, the user, will decide what I want my PDA to do above and beyond that.

In my earlier statement, perhaps sole purpose was the wrong terminology. I should have said core purpose.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    ClieSource has a photo of it as well.

http://216.194.92.114/cgi-bin/forum....&thread=000123

This looks kick ***. I hope it has some substance as well.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Hmm...looks like Sony has taken some ideas from the Linux crowd...

http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT5725922098.html
    Originally posted by Techie2000
    Hmm...looks like Sony has taken some ideas from the Linux crowd...

http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT5725922098.html
    It Still looks hot.
    -Mikedemo
    Originally posted by kalahari

. . . . Brian
    anyone watch the show Earth: Final Conflict? The future of PDAs will be something like the device they call 'Global'. It has everything we can plug into a PDA with existing or in-development technology: bluetooth everything, pda, message center, uni-remote, digicam, and an (OLED) paperthin colored touch screen (that pulls out).

The only thing it can't do is zap-aliens and double as a mint pop-container.

sorry, i think this should belong to another thread.
    Originally posted by mcmach1
    check the last 2 shots on this Japanese page!

http://ascii24.com/news/i/topi/artic...3400-001.html?
    [Flips open]
    "Scotty, beam us the hell out of here!"

Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    ...but it does look nice, if somewhat fragile. Glad I got my T615C when I did, though. (No need for tiny keyboard; waitin' for Stowaway.)
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Egad...that thing is ugly. Techie2000's right, though... It looks like a ripoff of the Yopy.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    this looks like a great idea for a cell phone/pda combo. those who want cell phone only...use the keypad and the screen. those who want to use the pda, just flip the keypad over and bada bing you got the screen alone. But obviously you wouldnt buy a pda/cell combo for ONLY the pda...but you could use either one at any time. very neat idea...
    I think this thing looks really neat. Built-in keyboard doubling as a keyboard with a screen with the same aspect ratio and size as normal Clie screens, not bad. As far as it looking like the Yopy, thats great. I actually liked the Yopy, if only Samsung would put it to market as they were going to.

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    Yopy is from G. Mate not Sharp. Sharp makes the Zaurus (IMO the coolest PDA ever made to date )
    Originally posted by Techie2000
    Yopy is from G. Mate not Sharp. Sharp makes the Zaurus (IMO the coolest PDA ever made to date )
    Who mentioned Sharp? Samsung was originally going to brand the Yopy, but nixed those plans. G.Mate was the OEM and has evidently decided to release it anyway.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    I always confuse samsung with sharp. I sometimes even call my Samsung TV a sharp constantly...
    The aspect ratio of the screen seems close to letter box, don't you think?
    -Mikedemo