Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. haydur's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
       #1  
    Another Verizon DROID commercial, Stealth, and it’s awesome Boy Genius Report

    I think Palm wasted a major opportunity by hiring Tarsem to direct their ads.
  2. licotto's Avatar
    Posts
    471 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #2  
    I didn't like the Palm ads, but this commercial is ********, IMO... I hate commercials that have NOTHING to do with what they represent -even IF it 'creates talk'.

    This said NOTHING about the DROID.
  3. #3  
    Are they selling something?
  4. #4  
    This is better than the Pre commercials, but that's not saying much. This is still boring and says nothing of substance.
  5. #5  
    Honestly, the commercials are way too nerdy, which is perfect for the market the Droid is going after and the kind of device the Droid is, but wouldn't work for the market Palm is going after with the Pre.

    Now don't get me wrong, I'm not the biggest fan of Palm's commercials, but they needed something more like what the MyTouch advertising is like (except you can't really customize the Pre) or even better like the new HTC commercial, except finish it up with something like 'the Palm Pre, the first phone for all of you, not part of you'. (Obviously that's not catchy, I'm not a copywriter, but something that got across that general message). Though, the 15 second functionality commercials for the Pre aren't horrible, and I personally don't think the first one in China was that bad as a teaser either, it's the ones in between those that sucked.
  6. JimHuff's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #6  
    Palm used to make
    .
    .
    .
    FrankenPre2!!!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhuff View Post
    Palm used to make
    .
    .
    .
    That was a classic commercial...although I had a Palm V and that NEVER happened to me!
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

    Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  8. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhuff View Post
    Palm used to make
    .
    .
    .
    Wow, I would have bought it.
  9. SoCal65's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #9  
    Verizon knows how to create buzz, advertise its products, and spank AT&T...

    Droid Pre-Launch Commercials

    iDon't


    Stealth



    Droid Post-Launch Commercials

    Verizon DROID Homing Device


    Verizon DROID Surfer


    Verizon Droid Big D



    Verizon Spanks AT&T Commercials

    Verizon Misfit Toys


    Verizon Elves


    Verizon Blue Christmas
    ........ Please read the Palm Pre Manual and the Palm Pre Solutions Guide.

    Check out the official Palm blog.
  10. #10  
    Ah come on... the borg chick is where it's at.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  11. shotyme's Avatar
    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    #11  
    Maybe they should rip Nokia's commercial for the n900 since they have similar features. Music is cool too

  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    ah come on... The borg chick is where it's at.
    bwahahahaha
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhuff View Post
    Palm used to make
    .
    .
    .
    Yesh! Classic and classy.

    In the Facebook Age, what could Palm do for a sequel?
  14. vadnick's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #14  
    Personally, I'm embarrassed by the borg lady Pre commercials. I didn't mind the Chinese dancers one, because it generated excitement. But, the latest ones are scary, and any functionality they might display is greatly overshadowed by the creepiness of the actress and the bizarre dialog. The thought that someone might see me with my Pre and draw the assumption that I bought it because of these commercials is an association that I'm ashamed to have. What target audience could possibly be enamored by these commercials enough to purchase the phone? Why don't they create normal commercials that showcase the many features you get with the Pre that you don't get with the iPhone? Or why not talk about the ease of use, or the touchstone, or anything useful? And get rid of the borg queen and either replace her or fix her hair and makeup so she looks like a normal human being - someone people can relate to and replace in their minds with themselves... Ok, I'm done.
  15. #15  
    1st. The doird commercial did exactly what it was supposed to do. Your on a pre forum discussing Droid. Score for Verizon.

    2nd. I think imo palm chose to go with the borg queen to cover up the fact that the phone was substandard and not really on par with other more complete smartphones that are already available. So they chose the smoke and mirror effect. Score for palm. Cuz we bought into that crap too:-(
  16. DSPKweb's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    #16  
    The Droid commercials are being produced by LucasFilms(pause it next time the credits come up), so that might have been a good start to seek them out or try something a little more edgy and flashy that actually revolves around the Pre and what it can do. They should get their money back for these abstract, pasty white borg chick commercials. People do not need to read into or make their own conclusions about what a phone can do or why cats and mice are now living in harmony due them them owning Pre's.

    They should have started the ad campaign with something like "have you wanted your phone to be able to run multiple applications and switch from one to another like you can on you home computer. Well what was once only theory is now reality...then show the phone doing this while having a conversation at the same time. That would have been a simple, to the point commercial and you keep hammering home what the phone can do.

    For a sequel, you could spoof the SNL More Cowbell Skit "Fellas, I have a fever, and the only prescrition is more Pre" then go into the card flipping to the sound of a cowbell and when you pan out, there is Will Ferrell playing the Pre like a cowbell.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    The Droid commercials are being produced by LucasFilms(pause it next time the credits come up)
    It's possible I could be mistaken, but pretty sure you're wrong.

    The only reason that LucasFilms' name is in the fine print is because they own the word Droid.
  18. vadnick's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by bugluv67 View Post
    ...So they chose the smoke and mirror effect. Score for palm. Cuz we bought into that crap too:-(
    Well, I think a lot of us on this forum bought our Pre's around release day, before the borg queen beamed into the commercials. And we bought it because we did our homework on the features it offered that other phones didn't, and we liked what we saw. But if I was buying a new phone today and basing my purchases off what I've seen in current ads alone, I doubt I'd give the Pre much more than a passing thought, at best.

Posting Permissions