1.    #1  
    So Pre #3 broke this weekend, same thing that happened to my last Pre, external speaker is blown. I can't keep switching phones every month or 2, it's really getting frustrating. I don't play music through the speaker, the only thing I use the damned thing for is to check my voice mail, as an alarm clock, and if anyone calls, it rings. I think anyone who knows my posts here knows I love the phone, but enough is enough. I'm considering talking to retentions, to see if they can throw me a bone, otherwise, I'll replace the Pre AGAIN, sell it, and buy the Moment(assuming it's decent, I'm going to try it at lunch). Has anyone had any luck with retentions in situations like this? Thoughts on the Moment? It's got everything I want in an Android phone, including a faster processor.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I think the word has been te Hero is slightly better. I have to say I am really surprised to hear this from you!! I had the same problem as you and got ****ed off and got the Hero. I miss my Pe (still have it hoping) but the Hero is really a superior phone. (for now, depending on what Palm does in the future). I'm going to go play with a moment this morning just to see how it is first hand.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    I think the word has been te Hero is slightly better. I have to say I am really surprised to hear this from you!! I had the same problem as you and got ****ed off and got the Hero. I miss my Pe (still have it hoping) but the Hero is really a superior phone. (for now, depending on what Palm does in the future). I'm going to go play with a moment this morning just to see how it is first hand.
    The keyboard draws me to the Moment, even if its layout doesn't make a lot of sense. Doesn't it also have an 800mhz processor or something like that? I guess I'll figure out what I'm getting at lunch, either way I'm getting an Android phone.
  4.    #4  
    Gave the Moment a try. It's killer. End of story. Much better than the Hero as well, the Hero felt cheap as hell, and the difference between screens was obvious. I'm gonna try to sell my replacement Pre and get the Moment. Very fast phone, virtually seamless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Gave the Moment a try. It's killer. End of story. Much better than the Hero as well, the Hero felt cheap as hell, and the difference between screens was obvious. I'm gonna try to sell my replacement Pre and get the Moment. Very fast phone, virtually seamless.
    Since you are on your 3rd or 4th Pre, see if Sprint will replace the Pre with the Moment. On other forums users have had lots of luck with getting a different model phone when they have problems with there current phone. It will only cost you a call to retention.

By the way, I love my Hero and it does not feel cheap.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
    Since you are on your 3rd or 4th Pre, see if Sprint will replace the Pre with the Moment. On other forums users have had lots of luck with getting a different model phone when they have problems with there current phone. It will only cost you a call to retention.

By the way, I love my Hero and it does not feel cheap.
    The buttons near the trackball are what made it feel cheap.

Calling retentions right now.
  7.    #7  
    No luck there, they tell me it's up to the corporate store whether I can change models or not, and that store would only let me change to another Palm product, which there were none.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    The buttons near the trackball are what made it feel cheap.

Calling retentions right now.
    Nothing feels cheap on the hero in my opinion. This phone is a tank. Best htc build to date. I have had a lot of htc phones.
    I change my Palm PrPrPr $one$ $time$ $for$ $the$ $same$ $reason$ $in$ $Canada$ $for$ $Bell$ $mobility$ $and$ $now$ $the$ $same$ $problem$ $happens$... $But$ $here$ $if$ $I$ $wan$ $to$ $change$ $for$ $the$ $second$ $time$ $my$ $mobile$ $I$ $have$ $to$ $wait$ $4$ $to$ $6$ $weeks$ $for$ $reparation$ $with$ $no$ $palm$ $pre$ $exchange$...

Or pay 25 $ to get a cheap one on stand by...

Of course I don't want to pay each time my speaker blown !
    There is no other super mobile phone like these for bell mobility Canada... And they don't do sort of exchange for a other mobile after 30 days ...

So i'm forced to accept my broken phone until i'm getting to much frustrated...

I there any palm pre speaker for sell anywhere to fix myself ?

By the way... Can't hardly think to change because of future flash enable first phone of my life

A impatient flash designer...
    Last edited by Qtronik; 11/28/2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Correct title