Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For my wife. She was due for an upgrade and I wanted to give andriod a try. First thought:
    Very well built. No doubt the best initial build quality on a phone.
    Fast, snappy.
    Screen is awesome.
    Keyboad is a little wierd, but feels great.
    pretty much all the hardware is awesome.
    market place is incredible.
    theming is so easy my wife can do it.

browser is ok
    no multitouch
    not fluid. Its too many clicks to do simple things.
    doesn't really multitask
    widgets clutter
    its winmo on steroids. That's 'kind of' a compliment.

I found myself wanting to swipe, use gestures, and upset with the multitasking pretty fast. I would kill for that phone with WEBos and andriod market place.

what questions do you have?
    I have a few and thanks for offering.

1. Does it have any wobble fell to it?
    2. How is the screen when it comes to finger prints?
    3. Does the web browser seem pretty fast?
    4 how is the optical mouse? Is it overly sensitive?

I know some of these you briefly touched on. Any extra insight would be greatly appreciated.

I have to make some time to go see it tomorrow.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    I have a few and thanks for offering.

1. Does it have any wobble fell to it?
    2. How is the screen when it comes to finger prints?
    3. Does the web browser seem pretty fast?
    4 how is the optical mouse? Is it overly sensitive?

I know some of these you briefly touched on. Any extra insight would be greatly appreciated.

I have to make some time to go see it tomorrow.
    1. No wobble. Built like a tank. Very high quality.
    2. Screen is glass. Finger prints are average.
    3. Internet and browser are slower than pre but faster than winmo. I don't like the browser compare to the pre.
    4. Optical mouse is useless to me. I forget its there to be honest. As for sensativity, it seems fine.

The lack of multitouch sucks after using the pre. No pinch feature!!! :-(
    thanks for the inside scoop. I will go check it out. My hero is built like a tank and I just don't know if I want to gamble on a slider again.
    Do you know when you will be able to update it to Androd 2.0?

I want to get this for my Sister but, it only makes sense to me if it can run 2.0 and the new Google Maps w/ Navigation?

J/c

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
  6.    #6  
    FYI- I like the pre better. But my wife now has visual voicemail and shazaam. I'm a little jelous.

as for andriod 2.0 - no clue. I emailed samsung and they said no comment.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    well over at Androidcentral they show a G1 using 2.0 so depending on what u r willing to do to your phone it's possible you could get the Moment on 2.0 in the next few weeks just may not have full support for unit specific hardware ie. voice button etc.
    I would keep an eye on this thread maybe for 2.0 info?

Samsung Moment and Android 2.0
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Does the screen look like it is tinged blue compared to the Pre?
  10.    #10  
    the screen looks fine. I saw the review where they said thay, but I don't see it personally.
    I went to look at the phone today and it looks pretty good. I have to say it is more platic than the hero. I wanted to know if anyone has been having problems with their gps? I could not get a lock in the store and while I was in there someone came in and said they couldn't get a lock on the gps. The rep took the phone outside and got a lock after 10 minutes. I use my gps a good bit and this would be frustrating.

One last thing is. I wanted to know if it has google voice search. Like saying the word your looking for and you get the google site with the results? I didn't have time to check that. I know they have nuance on it but hopefully that didn't do away with voice search
    Last edited by THETRUTH; 11/02/2009 at 11:25 AM.
    Just an FYI.. Android 2.0 will bring multitouch and the phone multitasks beautifully, it just handles it a little differently than what you're accustom to on the Pre.
  13.    #13  
    1- GPS works fine for us. No issues, although it does seem a little slower.
    2- I don't think Google voice works.
    3- Who knows if the phone will get 2.0, and when. I hope it happens in the next year before we upgrade again.
    4- How does it multitask beautifully? Its worse than Winmo in that regard. Other phones take 1-2 clicks to go between programs, this phone takes much more. Like web-text-web is a simple slide on pre or drop down on winmo. Andriod is open browser, close browser,open menu, open txt, close text, open menu, open browser. It takes forever.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Just an FYI.. Android 2.0 will bring multitouch and the phone multitasks beautifully, it just handles it a little differently than what you're accustom to on the Pre.
    You probably won't get multitouch in the Moment, the Droid won't have it either.
    one thing I notice right away is this phone is a lot larger and chunky than the hero. I also think the screen is on par with the hero. I don't think it is that dramatically better. The only thing making me want the phone is really the available memory and the keyboard.

I didn't find it as fast as some people say on other forums. The hero is running a pretty big skin that will make it's reaction times a little slower. I notice this difference only on screen transitions. I might keep my hero but I have 7 days to decide. I really have to stop doing this to myself. I always have some choice, one or the other at all times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matts4313 View Post
    1. No wobble. Built like a tank. Very high quality.
    2. Screen is glass. Finger prints are average.
    3. Internet and browser are slower than pre but faster than winmo. I don't like the browser compare to the pre.
    4. Optical mouse is useless to me. I forget its there to be honest. As for sensativity, it seems fine.

The lack of multitouch sucks after using the pre. No pinch feature!!! :-(
    Multitouch is coming to the Android, shouldn't be too long now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Multitouch is coming to the Android, shouldn't be too long now.
    It's held back by IP issues. It sucks not having it, but it's a price to pay when you're a customer of Google, which needs to maintain a good relationship with Apple. Palm doesn't.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    I looked at it and played with it for a while. I am keeping the hero. I love the form function. I thought I preferred a real keyboard, but I am really liking the software keyboard, especially in portrait mode. Great phone!
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    It's held back by IP issues. It sucks not having it, but it's a price to pay when you're a customer of Google, which needs to maintain a good relationship with Apple. Palm doesn't.

Multitouch is available on European android 2.0 devices - so the time before someone does a patch for american users? pretty short I'd guess.
    Andriod is open browser, close browser,open menu, open txt, close text, open menu, open browser.
    Does holding down the Home button not work on stock Android to switch between running apps? On the Hero this sequence is (1) Open browser (2) Hold Home (3) Tap text app (4) Hold Home (5) Tap browser.