Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mobile burn website review video shows it does.
    Last edited by THETRUTH; 11/03/2009 at 07:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by doublebullout View Post
    Does holding down the Home button not work on stock Android to switch between running apps? On the Hero this sequence is (1) Open browser (2) Hold Home (3) Tap text app (4) Hold Home (5) Tap browser.
    It does, I found it by accident yesterday, and it's a great implementation of multitasking. Not any worse than cards, just different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    It does, I found it by accident yesterday, and it's a great implementation of multitasking. Not any worse than cards, just different.
    Personally, I think of Android as acting a lot more like PalmOS but with multitasking. In PalmOS switching between apps went like this:
    1. Tap Home button
    2. Find new app
    3. Tap it

The problem being that for most PalmOS apps, this procedure would kill the app you were originally in. Some apps would save your state so that you could get back to the same point you were in, but the app wasn't actually running.

In Android, the procedure is the same:
    1. Tap Home button
    2. Find new app
    3. Tap it

But with Android, the old app is still running. So if you repeat this procedure, you get back to the old app having done whatever it was doing in the background.

Personally, I think Android is more advanced multitasking than WebOS. WebOS requires that the user manage the resources as demonstrated by the error you get when you try to open too many cards. Android hides all of that from the user. It manages the phones resources.

I've only been playing with the Hero for 5 days, but I like it's multitasking better than WebOS multitasking. (I do, however, miss how satisfying it was to swipe away an unused card. But IMHO that's just a toy. I don't think it makes me more effective.)
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Personally, I think of Android as acting a lot more like PalmOS but with multitasking. In PalmOS switching between apps went like this:
    1. Tap Home button
    2. Find new app
    3. Tap it

The problem being that for most PalmOS apps, this procedure would kill the app you were originally in. Some apps would save your state so that you could get back to the same point you were in, but the app wasn't actually running.

1. Tap Home button
    2. Find new app
    3. Tap it

But with Android, the old app is still running. So if you repeat this procedure, you get back to the old app having done whatever it was doing in the background.

Personally, I think Android is more advanced multitasking than WebOS. WebOS requires that the user manage the resources as demonstrated by the error you get when you try to open too many cards. Android hides all of that from the user. It manages the phones resources.

I've only been playing with the Hero for 5 days, but I like it's multitasking better than WebOS multitasking. (I do, however, miss how satisfying it was to swipe away an unused card. But IMHO that's just a toy. I don't think it makes me more effective.)
    Agreed.
    does the moment support exchange, email, contacts and calendar.

does it combine the google and exchange calendars and color code them like the Pre.

could you have multiple exchange and multiple google calendars?

thanks for all the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyg417 View Post
    does the moment support exchange, email, contacts and calendar.

does it combine the google and exchange calendars and color code them like the Pre.

could you have multiple exchange and multiple google calendars?

thanks for all the info.
    I know that all that is in Android 2.0. When/If the Moment gets 2.0 is anyones guess though.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    1. Tap Home button
    2. Find new app
    3. Tap it

1. Tap Home button
    2. Find new app
    3. Tap it

Maybe I should have read the manual.... Yes it does multitask.
    Does the Moment feel like a computer rather than an easy to use smartphone?
    Quote Originally Posted by likeobama View Post
    Does the Moment feel like a computer rather than an easy to use smartphone?
    No way. It's very easy to use.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12