1.    #1  
    Gone from the Sony Style site are the faithful 320, 610 & 710. Sony is being very aggressive in cranking out their units. Now some may get upset when they see their divice discontinued, but take heart in the fact that the new devices still read memorystick and run the same OS. Which means they can still share apps, data, photos, etc.

The new Clie lineup is:

N-760 $499
    T-615 $399 (though I got mine for $379 )
    T-415 $249
    S-360 $199

SonyStyle Clie site

Keep up the good work Sony. Now will Palm get in gear or what. Palm OS 5 Devices better kick ***. I've pretty much given up on Palm for a Palm OS 3.5/4.0 solution.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Those models have pretty much been gone since the release of the T615 and S360.

It would be pointless to even continue manufacturing them. That would be like HandSpring making the Deluxe and the NEO.

It is not a surprise that each new model brings the death of an older model. What surprises me is the speed in which Sony releases new models.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    Isn't the 760 selling for $449? Yea, Sony is whipping them out faster than I can save money for them, haha. Now there's the T615, soon they'll be a T700 or someting. Sony's the best!
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    Actually, this has also been Sony's product planning style: build a lot of models with variety, see what sticks to the wall, see what doesn't, and then abandon that family for a new one.

Yeah, it creates a lot of orphans, but each new generation is usually prettier.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    Also keep in mind that this makes the discontinued models nice buys for those of you who aren't power users. For example, you can find the S-320 for SUPER cheap nowadays. The S-320 is the BEST entry level palm in my opinion (m100/105/125 use freakin AAA batteries?! What is this, the 80's?) It makes a great gift for parents, friends, and significant others. I've snapped up quite a few of the 320's in the last few days (for under $100) to give as gifts later. ^_^

-Trotsky
    Originally posted by Trotsky
    Also keep in mind that this makes the discontinued models nice buys for those of you who aren't power users. For example, you can find the S-320 for SUPER cheap nowadays. The S-320 is the BEST entry level palm in my opinion (m100/105/125 use freakin AAA batteries?! What is this, the 80's?) It makes a great gift for parents, friends, and significant others. I've snapped up quite a few of the 320's in the last few days (for under $100) to give as gifts later. ^_^
    Yup, you could get 710s for cheap and just upgrade them to 760s for a while. But there aren't too many 710s out there anymore. The S320s ARE the best entry level, just the price was a little more than what a Visor Deluxe or m100 was selling for. If you can get them that cheap, no question it's the best. The S360 is like...a P4 2 GHz going against P3 600 MHz's or something, haha. 16 MB RAM, recharable battery, MS slot. Going against a Visor Neo, m125, etc. And the size beats them anyday too.

My friend uses that all the time! ^______^ hehe...
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    I agree about the deals. I picked up an N610C for $200 last week.

Happily,

Rolando
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by Rolando
    I agree about the deals. I picked up an N610C for $200 last week.

Happily,

Rolando
    Now thats impressive!!
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.