Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10387859-1.html

News leaked that the Droid Eris (basically a rebadged HTC Hero) will be released Nov 6th alongside the Droid. Eris will be $99 after rebate

This is a serious kick in the nuts to Sprint and Palm as the Eris(has wi-fi) may take some of the thunder away from the Nov 15 release of the Pixi(no wi-fi) which also will be $99

Verizon's Droid Eris will also undercut its twin brother, Sprint's HTC Hero by $80

This is going to be an all out war of smart phones Im betting Sprint will lower prices even further
    Last edited by migs; 10/31/2009 at 06:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    No keyboard, no sale.
    I really like how the eris looks. I like it more than the hero but the hero looks good too. Fits good in the hands too.

Verizon is trying to hit a homerun with their phones because of sprint shacking up the game by coming out with mobile anytime. I can't see paying 99 for the eris and then paying 30.00 more for my plan. Just doesn't make sense. Now the droid, that might have me a little envious.

anybody interested in some quality pics....here you go

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Live...le-a_7685.html
    Last edited by THETRUTH; 10/31/2009 at 08:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot View Post
    no keyboard, no sale.
    Ahhhhhhh-mennnnnnnnnnnnn!!
    personal preference but i think the Hero looks better.

regardless, Verizon won't budge on their rate plans so they get people into the stores with lower up front phone pricing. a lot of people have blinders on when it comes to that. they only see the immediate cost savings and not the long term of a two year contract. this is speaking generically of the majority.

my brother is actually doing the same thing. i was with verizon and he still is. he is planning on jumping ship to sprint in november. then tonight he got a call out of the blue from verizon offering him 100 dollars off a phone. he is not currently eligible for any upgrades. so of course, now, he's going back and forth on what to do because he is tempted by a free eris or hundred dollar droid.

oh well, its his money, not mine.
    Just by the look, i hate it. The sprint hero is much much better looking than this thing let alone the pre...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination