View Poll Results: Would you pay for Google Navigation?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would pay

7 28.00%
  • I would take the ad version

3 12.00%
  • Don't know?

1 4.00%
  • I'm content with my Sprint Nav!

14 56.00%
  • Google can kiss my tush, they won't invade anymore of my privacy!!

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    Since WebOS is "supposedly" so small right now, Google may not have a reason to port their new Nav app over. From what I read, an iPhone version is in the works, and Android 2.0 has it currently.

I for one would pay or take a version with ads just to play with street view and the apps smoothness. I've had Tomtoms, garmins and now the Sprint Nav and they all seem outdated like they were meant for an older generation. I wouldn't totally eliminate them for Google Nav since it requires data but I would substitute it for my Sprint Nav which works when it wants.

So what do you think?
    I would pay $20 in a heartbeat, and up to $40 if needed.

Google would never charge for an app though... it's just not what they do. So looks like we'll have to hope and pray for a port. (With their agreement about Google Voice Voicemail with Sprint, I don't see why they wouldn't. They seem to like us Sprint folks well enough.)
    I think Palm should look at it when launching on verizon so they can compete. Not too many worries on sprint right now though.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    I would pay $20 in a heartbeat, and up to $40 if needed.

Google would never charge for an app though... it's just not what they do. So looks like we'll have to hope and pray for a port. (With their agreement about Google Voice Voicemail with Sprint, I don't see why they wouldn't. They seem to like us Sprint folks well enough.)
    I couldn't agree more! I think Google sees Palm as a little brother with disabilities not competition. Helping Palm only helps to expand Google's reign so its a win-win. I wouldn't be surprised if later down the road Google joins with Palm to create the ultimate OS! (A dream!)
    Great points. The thing about Google is that with the scope and amount of resources that they have, Palm has about a 10% chance of ever "passing" them in the cell business, in that Android will have a huge stake in the market for the foreseeable future, and Palm's WebOS will be a great choice, but akin to Apple and OS X in that it won't be a sales giant.

Because of this, Google will likely port their stuff to WebOS with no grief, as long as they see a proven case for WebOS. If the users are there, Google will come.

(This sounds cynical, but Palm being the Apple Computer of cell phones would actually be a great scenario.)
  6.    #6  
    As long as Palm doesn't start charging Apple prices I'm all for it. lol
    Why pay for something that is already free? Sprint Nav is free and it works just fine.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Why pay for something that is already free? Sprint Nav is free and it works just fine.
    Sprint Nav is awesome and I love Sprint for it but like every greedy person I want more even though I have no real need for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by likeobama View Post
    Sprint Nav is awesome and I love Sprint for it but like every greedy person I want more even though I have no real need for it.
    lol
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I'm not a big fan of Sprint Nav right now. I haven't used it extensively, but it's ability to find local businesses is seemingly awful.
  11.    #11  
    Well I love that Sprint Nav is supposedly free compared to other plans but I would much rather have the maps on the phone. Most of the time when I'm lost its because I'm in the boondocks which translates to poor reception areas. If I have no reception I'm screwed.

I hope Garmin or Tomtom wake up and recognize that they can meet these needs by creating smaller sized maps for portable phones that only need GPS to function. Google Nav is a player now but Garmin and Tomtom can be just as good if not better if they get off their arses, make its UI more modern and fast and stop charging for updates.