1.    #1  
    It's called the S&M (short for Smoke and Mirrors). Here are the specs :

Very Strong Arm 1 GHZ processor
    1 GB memory
    640 x 640 Super Hi-Res Screen
    Palm's secret OS 6.0 that runs Windows, Mac, Linux, XBox, and Play Station programs natively

No buttons or stylus, we are talking voice activated
    Always on internet access on the G6 network (twice as fast as DSL and Cable and I am building the network myself)
    Built-in Cell Phone with Bluetooth headset (I will implant a speaker in your ear and a mic in your larynx for a nominal additional cost)
    Built-in GPS module (for all the planets)
    Built-in MP4 player
    Built-in 5 MegaPixel digital video camera
    No Password protection needed, it has thumbprint and eyeball recognition

It also has an expansion slot that can accept Springboard, CF, MMC, SMC, Memory Stick, and PCMCIA cards.

It can be made in any color of any material you would like
    The screen does not need a screen protector since there is no stylus

And one more thing, it reminds you to call your mother every day!

Now I apologize for letting the cat out of the bag early but my crayon drawings were done ahead of schedule and my unborn child web designer is still hard at work on the website! It is about the size of a deck of cards. My website will be up in a matter of years and I my initial cost analysis shows that I can sell it for a meager $50 and make a $49 profit per unit.

If you have any questions, please post them here. THIS IS TRUE, I AM NOT LYING whaaaaaaaaa
    Last edited by Doggy; 02/01/2002 at 03:10 PM.
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    LOL! How about naming your company Hand....err, I mean PalmMedia.net? Now there is stock I would be willing to buy!
    Originally posted by maddog
    It's called the S&M (short for Smoke and Mirrors). Here are the specs :

No buttons or stylus, we are talking voice activated
    What, it doesn't read your mind?!
    Mike
    I'd rather be upside down in my kayak than rightside up at my desk.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Jupe

Thank you for the question, I want to promote some positive feelings about my real S&M PDA.

The mind reading model you ask about will be the second generation. I have Cleo (the chick from TV) and many other mind reading "experts" consulting me on that one!
    Originally posted by Jupe

Obviously that feature hasn't been completed, or the prototype would have known to answer that question!
    Jeff
    That GPS Module sounds kind of limited. I would prefer one that would work in other Galaxies.

As for the camera, anyway you could scrap that idea and just use the PDA to control Satellites so we can take pictures from space? Maybe we could get it to "drive" the satellite right on down to us so we could take pictures on other planes, not just straight overhead. This might even allow you to reduce the size of the PDA, as form factor is very important.

Otherwise, it sounds like a pretty good device. One that will hopefully come in at sub $100.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by GSR13
    That GPS Module sounds kind of limited. I would prefer one that would work in other Galaxies.

As for the camera, anyway you could scrap that idea and just use the PDA to control Satellites so we can take pictures from space?

Otherwise, it sounds like a pretty good device. One that will hopefully come in at sub $100.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The sub $100 price is the easy part. I am takin' notes and am sad I did not come up with the satellite idea myself. You know I could build the satellites too and launch them from my backyard
    I take it that the name of the company will be Handjob?
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    Now that was funny.
    Originally posted by maddog

The mind reading model you ask about will be the second generation. I have Cleo (the chick from TV) and many other mind reading "experts" consulting me on that one!
    Call me now!
    Strangely enough, Handjob.com takes you to Handmedia.net!

It can't be. I can already purchase on of those.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    Originally posted by ****-richardson
    It can't be. I can already purchase on of those.
    Carl Yankowski gave all of us one of those, we just didn't realize it at the time.
    Make sure that the OS is not too bloated and takes up less than 1MB of ROM. And removable storage, forget that. Tack on a hard drive, say 5GB, in the lowend model. It should also have a USB port, oh and make sure it has a Sony T615C form factor, that is VERY important. Those Visors are so thick I feel like I am carrying around a 10 Ton lead anvil in my pocket I should also have a stereo quality sound system, but this should in no way affect the form factor. As far as GPS goes, I am all for that. Since interstellar travel isn't going to be here for the forseeable future, ability to work throughout the galaxy isn't necessary, though we should be able to upgrade to that when we can. Interplanetary travel is very important to me. By the time I am 90 I may need to use this so Iyou to put that on there right now. Also make sure it can last a long time so I my great-great-great-great-grandchildren can pass it on to their children.

The price of personal satellite is coming down. You can build one yourself for $50,000 using nothing more than some Radio Shack solar panels, 5 dozen AA batteries, a tape measure for antennae, and some basic communication equipment (actually this isn't a joke). So you would only be loosing 51,000 dollars per purchase. Thats not bad. With the price of satellites going down, you might make a profit in 200-300 years.

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    Here's an idea. Flexible screens are currently undergoing testing so I think that the CPU should be a little unit that you keep in your pocket and the display should be a seperate flexible display (about the thickness and flexibleness as paper) with built-in bluetooth to talk to the CPU. That way thickness is no problem at all
    Alex.