1.    #1  
    Hey everyone, seems like Handmedia might not be a bluff after all. For now it seems they have their code up, but no pictures for it to display . Hopefully it will be up all together soon, and we can see pictures of their new units.
    Originally posted by Drakion
    For now it seems they have their code up, but no pictures for it to display .
    They're probably not very good at Photoshop yet. Amateurs, at the Photo Lab I could doctor a picuture in less than a half hour.
    Umm....yeah. Their "site" is partially up sans gif/jpegs. I think this company is a hoax. I find it more than a little suspicious that their site is being hosted by Freeservers.com. These guys can't afford their own server? Very suspect.
    Look at the code at the site. It doesn't appear to be their code...it's just a frame pointing back to freeservers.com
    Not to mention that the code at the freeservers site looks like pure boilerplate.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Even if they are for real...they are obviously unprofessional. To post a website that has nothing is so "mid '90s". Any self respecting company knows you don't contruct your site online, you do it offline and then post it when it at least has information to share! A sixth grade class could probably create a website good enough for the web in less than a week!

They people are hacks, slackers, bluffs and unprofessional. Therefore, to ever consider buying a handheld from these people would be a waste of money!

Did anyone consider the post that came from the COO? He said "the R&D's role was completed much faster then anticipated and the Website team was still on track for the May" yet the CEO does not know what version of Palm OS his PDA will use. What has R&D completed, lunch? These guys are blowin' serious smoke...just buy a Clie and get it over with. The more we buy from Sony, the more creative they will get and the better off we will be!
    Last edited by Doggy; 02/01/2002 at 01:28 PM.
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    What is the url?

--David
    handmedia.net
    You know it's bad when your Calculus Professor uses the word "Unpossible"

"It's a long way from my thoughts to what I'll say, It's a long, long way from paradise to where I am today." -Switchfoot, Home
    Just an FYI I looked at the source of handmedia site frame and all those Gifs point to the same image...
    Originally posted by maddog
    These guys are blowin' serious smoke...just buy a Clie and get it over with. The more we buy from Sony, the more creative they will get and the better off we will be!
    Maddog..why on Earth should we do something as sensible as this when we can **** away our hopes and dreams on a fictional company who's products don't even exist?
    These kids aren't trying too hard. Anyways, if you are bored, you can get to the images by typing in the filenames lowercase:

http://www.handmedia.freeservers.com...preview_10.jpg

The brains behind this forgot that the server they are using is case-sensitive.
    We're all naked if you turn us inside out.
    -David Byrne
    I particularly love the quote: "Handmedia produces a breed of handheld computers unknown to the world..."

Yes, it's called the "Alice in wonderland PDA", or "Jack and the Beanstalk PDA, or [insert fictional story here_______PDA]

End of story.
    I LOVE how everything's a picture.

"It's a long way from my thoughts to what I'll say, It's a long, long way from paradise to where I am today." -Switchfoot, Home
    <!-- ImageReady Slices (Homepage.psd) -->

I wonder what they used????

Originally posted by ashmed
    <!-- ImageReady Slices (Homepage.psd) -->

I wonder what they used????
    heh...PSD is the default extension for PhotoShop pictures.
    ‎"Is that suck and salvage the Kevin Costner method?" - Chris Matthews on Hardball, July 6, 2010. Wonder if he's talking about his oil device or his movie career...
    Originally posted by homer
    These kids aren't trying too hard. Anyways, if you are bored, you can get to the images by typing in the filenames lowercase:

http://www.handmedia.freeservers.com...preview_10.jpg

The brains behind this forgot that the server they are using is case-sensitive.
    Or they intended that to be like that until the products, information, and other pages are up.

As far as whether I believe them or not, I am not planning to get a new PDA until I graduate in May anyway. If this is real, then by golly I will pick one up. If its not, I will pick up the latest Sony. But I am not holding my breath on this one. If you are looking to get a new PDA right now, go ahead and get one, they won't release their stuff until May, if this is real.

Jason
    Did you just go near a burning hot river of lava or are you just happy to see me?
    I just ordered a HandMedia baseball cap for $39.99. I wonder how long it will take to get here....
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    Originally posted by slotmachine
    I just ordered a HandMedia baseball cap for $39.99. I wonder how long it will take to get here....
    How's that hat fitting?
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
    It was confirmed at Palminfocenter in an interview with someone at palm that this company does not exhist.
    Originally posted by Alslayer
    It was confirmed at Palminfocenter in an interview with someone at palm that this company does not exhist.
    I don't think anyone actually believed this company existed to begin with. At least, most of the folks around here anyway.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2