Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    Is it just me or do the colors of the T-615 seem really washed out? I compared side by side with my m505 (which I thought had washed out colors) and the T-615's reds and greens seem even more washed out than the m505!

    I hotsynced a picture of my parents standing in front of a lush green forest and on the T-615 they look like they are standing in front of some dying grey trees.....

    I also loaded a picture that I took of my church congregation - the original picture is really rich in reddish hues - a bit TOO much actually, but on the T-615 the people look like zombies!

    I didn't notice the color washout until I looked at these pics - it was not really an issue in the other color apps I've been messing with. I think the T-615's screen handles "cool" colors well: light blues and the like, but it really chokes on "warm" colors ESPECIALLY redtones.

    Can anyone else corroborate this please?

    If you have a T-615 please try loading this picture into PictureGear and compare the original's rich green hues with what is displayed on your T-615 and let me know what you think?

    I want to know whether the washed out color is endemic to the T-615 line or if it is just MY Clie. Thanks guys!

    -Trotsky
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by Trotsky
    Is it just me or do the colors of the T-615 seem really washed out? I compared side by side with my m505 (which I thought had washed out colors) and the T-615's reds and greens seem even more washed out than the m505!

    I hotsynced a picture of my parents standing in front of a lush green forest and on the T-615 they look like they are standing in front of some dying grey trees.....

    I also loaded a picture that I took of my church congregation - the original picture is really rich in reddish hues - a bit TOO much actually, but on the T-615 the people look like zombies!

    I didn't notice the color washout until I looked at these pics - it was not really an issue in the other color apps I've been messing with. I think the T-615's screen handles "cool" colors well: light blues and the like, but it really chokes on "warm" colors ESPECIALLY redtones.

    Can anyone else corroborate this please?

    If you have a T-615 please try loading this picture into PictureGear and compare the original's rich green hues with what is displayed on your T-615 and let me know what you think?

    I want to know whether the washed out color is endemic to the T-615 line or if it is just MY Clie. Thanks guys!

    -Trotsky
    This has pretty much been what everyone has said. You are not alone.

    There are many reviews out there, and they all say the same thing.
    In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. JOHN 14:2
  3. #3  
    Yup -- less vibrant reds, but sharper contrast. The reviewers have caught this.

    I liked the way one reviewer put it: the N760C is better for showing photos, the T615C is better for reading text. (For me, that definitely singled the T615C out to me.)

    The reds, and the reduced battery life, seem to be the two major Achilles heels I've seen for the T615C (with the latter having more impact than the former for most.)
    Jeff Meyer

    "And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  4. #4  
    I agree with ya bookrats. But I have tried using the device like I normally used my 710c and it performs just as well. The battery is no issue to me. I played mp3's all the way to work and still at 100%. Heck I've even worked on my to do list and still at a fully charged. I think people need to make sure they charge it correctly when the first get it out the box. Its battery life reminds me more of the Prism. Which I can live with. But those who are gonna use their PDA for long periods at a time. I suggest one of the other Clies.

    I still love this 615. Shame the reds are a little duller but the contrast really makes a difference. Plus the Form factor is a big bonus for me. The Sony case adds very little to its size.


    PS:I also keep my "Beam recieve" off
    Last edited by mikedemo; 02/01/2002 at 12:40 PM.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  5. #5  
    But Mike, when ya gonna change your logo to reflect the T615C?
    Jeff Meyer

    "And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by bookrats
    But Mike, when ya gonna change your logo to reflect the T615C?
    Soon my friend, soon.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  7.    #7  
    I read all my Avantgo channels, played a few games of Acid Solitaire, worked on my daily schedule and played about 6 games of Monopoly today on my T-615 and the battery level stayed at 100%...

    I wonder if this will last....

    -Trotsky
  8.    #8  
    Hey guys here's a little tip for those of you with Photoshop:

    I use Photoshop to crop and size my photos to 320x320 so that it'll fit perfectly for PGPocket. Anyway, if you guys have Photoshop, you can select IMAGE>Adjust>Hue/Saturation (or just hit CTRL+U) and bump the saturation up to about 30-40%

    It might look a little weird on your monitor but on your T-615 the photo will look exactly right! Now my family members don't look like zombies anymore! ^_^

    -Trotsky
    Last edited by Trotsky; 02/02/2002 at 03:59 PM.
  9. #9  
    Cool, cant wait to get my new Clie. Putting photos on my PDA is one of the main reasons I am going with Sony. What version of Photoshop are you using? Is it LE or the full blown package? Thats great info on the photos.
  10. #10  
    [GREED]
    I bet the color problem will be fixed in the 66Mhz T-series!
    [/GREED]
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by PlantATree
    What version of Photoshop are you using? Is it LE or the full blown package? Thats great info on the photos.
    I am using Photoshop 6 Professional. However the Saturation controls should exist in the LE version as well. Actually even most free/shareware graphic programs (paintshop pro / lview) have saturation controls.

    Remember: Basically you want people to look almost reddish on your monitor so that they will have natural skintones on your T-615. If they look natural on your monitor then they will look like ashen faced undead on your T-615! ^_^

    -Trotsky
  12. hloakes's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #12  
    Is the color issue just a problem with photos or is it a problem with other programs?
    Howard
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by Trotsky


    I am using Photoshop 6 Professional. However the Saturation controls should exist in the LE version as well. Actually even most free/shareware graphic programs (paintshop pro / lview) have saturation controls.

    Remember: Basically you want people to look almost reddish on your monitor so that they will have natural skintones on your T-615. If they look natural on your monitor then they will look like ashen faced undead on your T-615! ^_^

    -Trotsky
    I have found this to be true as well. Sony needs to come out with a color adjust patch. Or even better, somebody should come out with a software control panel that would allows us to adjust the saturation, brightness, heck even contrast


    In any case the solution Trotsky came up with is at the moment the best solution. Now the photos look even better!!
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by bookrats
    But Mike, when ya gonna change your logo to reflect the T615C?
    Taaaadaaaaa. Well here are my new digs for now

    This Avatar should hold me for a while. I usually go through two avatars per PDA.

    Hope you like. If you don't, I'll just step on ya.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  15. #15  
    You guys outta stop complaining! I'm staring at a greyscale screen here, that keeps resetting. Anyway, while I was in San Francisco this past weekend, I went to the Sony Style store in the Metreon to check out the T615. Man...it's PURE AWESOME! I love the screen on that thing...it looks soooo niice. I loved the screen on the 710, but the 615 is just amazing! I don't know what you guys are talking about, but it looked awesome to me. The sound capabilities are great too! I was standing there listening to the different alarms for a while, lol. Even the basic alarm sounds much better! Very impressed with the 615, just can't afford it...I checked out the 415 again too, and it's very nice too. The screen is great as well. The form factor of both are stunning, though I don't know what will happen when you add a decent case...

    Anyway, the new models are great, Sony comes out with something better and better everytime and stuns me. If this edge hard resets on me one more time, I'm going for the Sony T415... I'll join you guys again, back on the Sony side...
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
  16. #16  
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    Taaaadaaaaa. Well here are my new digs for now
    Very nice. Only thing is, there's a rumored red T600C being released in Japan only. Guess that'll have to show up in your second Avatar.
    Jeff Meyer

    "And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
  17. #17  
    Originally posted by bookrats


    Very nice. Only thing is, there's a rumored red T600C being released in Japan only. Guess that'll have to show up in your second Avatar.
    Smarty pants
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  18. #18  
    Originally posted by AzNCoMpUtAnErD
    Anyway, the new models are great, Sony comes out with something better and better everytime and stuns me. If this edge hard resets on me one more time, I'm going for the Sony T415... I'll join you guys again, back on the Sony side...
    To tell you the truth. I hold alligance only with those that kick ****. And Sony is kicking major *** right now .

    But if they get lazy . . . . Nah I doubt they will.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
  19. #19  
    I have a question about viewing pictures on the Clie. I use Picture Gear to transfer the pictures to my Clie and I set it to output at 320x320. The problem is when I view them on my Clie there is a black bar at the top and bottom of the pictures. The pictures loaded on the Clie from the factory dont have this problem, they take up the whole viewing area. Anyone have a guess?
  20.    #20  
    Originally posted by PlantATree
    I have a question about viewing pictures on the Clie. I use Picture Gear to transfer the pictures to my Clie and I set it to output at 320x320. The problem is when I view them on my Clie there is a black bar at the top and bottom of the pictures. The pictures loaded on the Clie from the factory dont have this problem, they take up the whole viewing area. Anyone have a guess?
    You have to crop and resize the picture to be exactly 320x320 before you load it into PictureGear if you don't want the black bars.

    Lemme link you an example.... hold on while I write up some junk html real quick.... ok here we go

    Up top is the original picture, below it is the picture editted, resized, and cropped for the clie.

    You will also notice that the color saturation is higher in the smaller picture - this is to compensate for the lower color saturation on the T-615c.

    If I had loaded the original picture into PictureGear then it would auto-resize it down to 320x320 and fill in the empty areas with black. So on my clie the big picture would have black bars on the sides. Also the face would be harder to recognize as it would be smaller.

    If you want pictures of people on your clie I strongly recommend you crop it so that it is mostly their face in the picture - this way it will look MUCH better on the small screen.

    Hope that helped!



    -Trotsky
    Last edited by Trotsky; 02/13/2002 at 05:07 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions