Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok all,

If you know me, I don't play when it comes to my PDA experience. So 2 days after I bought the Sony T-615 I bought more items to enhance my experience.

What did I buy?

PEGA-AC10 - AC Adapter

PEGA-CA60 - Carrying Case

PEGA-SA10 - MP3 Adapter

I got the AC adapter instead of a cradle because I don't hotsync at work anymore. I prefer to keep personal info on my computer. The Case looks awesome on the T-615 and doesn't add on too much size. I still can't wait to see what Vaja comes up with.
    Well whats my excuse for the mp3 player? It'll Ween me completely off of my 710c+.

In the end the form factor and better built in audio won me over.

Now the circle is complete.

PS - - - - - - -

*Taps foot

*Darth Vader Like breathing

Slot,

I sense a war going on inside you . . . yes let those feeling surface. Join me!!
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Funny, but I bought the 760C for the exact same reasons you did, just that I wanted the MP3 playing ability in the PDA itself...not the add on.

If I use a Flash utility, I can add another 2+ MB of memory to use with the onboard 8MB....so that was ok for me.

Then I picked up a:

Clie Pocket Armor case (www.dsi-usa.com )

128 MB Lexar MS...was only $60.00 at buy.com

Still have my Edge though, for the sole purpose of syncing to my wife's Audrey.
  3.    #3  
    Good point. The mp3 add-on is very small. If SOny decides to come out with a T-710 with a built-in mp3 player and can keep the form factor. I might peek it.

The next device I want would be the next generation. As nice as these devices are. The Palm Platform needs an enima.

Get those ARM processors in them!!
    -Mikedemo
    I'll be interested to hear how you compare the MP3 playing capabilities on the T615C, using the accessory, versus the capabilities on the N760C -- once you've had some "air time" with the T615C MP3 player.

In particular, I'm wondering what things you could do while playing MP3s on the N760C that you can't do on the T615C.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    It is my understanding that unlike the n700 series, the t600 series cannot play mp3's in the background while you are doing something else.

In otherwords, when you are playing mp3's that's all you can do. Any comments on this mike?

-Trotsky
  6.    #6  
    Ok I've tried out the MP3 Player for the T-615. Now there are a few drawbacks to the player, and there are good things.
    Missing are:
    • Playback in background
    • Playback with display turned off
    • No visualizer

I don't really understand why Sony would take those features out. I am certain the attachment for the 320/360/610 also is missing those features.

The mp3s sound the same but I did have trouble playing one of them. Michael Jackson's "Rock my world" played very choppy whereas on the 710c it played fine.

The pluses are:
    • Doesn't impact the form factor radically
    • Remote is much better built than 710/760 remote

The remote has a led to let you know its playing and the spring loaded "remote-clip" has a much more durable feel. I just hope Sony releases a patch to allow the device to play while asleep and in background. but its a minor annoyance to me. I just turn out the light to save power.

The T-615 is definatley not for those who play a lot of MP3's over a long period of time. 710/760 is best for that.

I still love the device because it fits my needs. This thing really fits in my pocket well.
    Last edited by mikedemo; 02/01/2002 at 08:22 PM.
    -Mikedemo
    Man...you wanna sell me your 710+ Mike? haha...just kidding. Wouldn't be able to afford it anyway...I gotta stick with my Edge for a while...I wanna hear ALL about your adventures though!
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    Originally posted by AzNCoMpUtAnErD
    I gotta stick with my Edge for a while...
    Speaking of Edges.... When I went to CompUsa to look at the T-615 I also checked out the T-415. That thing is SEXXXXX-AY. I was almost tempted to get one of those too! Sheesh, and I thought my Edge was the nicest thin PDA out there in terms of style and size.... The T-415 looks SOoooooo James Bond-y.

Man if that thing had a color screen - I'd buy ten of em....

-Trotsky
    I saw the T415 a while back. And I still think my Edge is perty-er That thing is nice though...when I saw the screen, I almost thought it was color. m505 color, that is...haha. I don't like the flip cover it comes with...though it does look very nice too... I want a T615...lol

What do you mean by "have a color screen?" That's what the T615 is...a color T415...basically, little larger...
    nelson.hsieh
    The T-615 is significantly thicker than the T-415 in my opinion.

Please keep in mind that I am obsessed with minimizing the size of the gadgets I have to carry with me as I usually wear black dress slacks and a dress shirt - precluding the use of belt clips, fanny packs, vests, or other carrying methods.

-Trotsky
    I'm a student, and I wear regular pants, so the size doesn't matter to, up to a point. The PPCs are too big for my pants. The 710 Clie in the EB case was pushing it. It almost turns it into an iPAQ. I could live with it, but the Edge is just awesome. The T615 has the EXACT same specs as the Edge, size and weight, as I've seen in the numbers. That's why I want it so bad! But it adds high-res color, MS slot, 16 MB RAM, OS 4.1 all in the same size!

Yea...if you wear that kinda clothes, you'll want something small, maybe a Xircom Rex? Hehe. In those terms, I believe the T415 is the thinnest PDA in the world by 0.01" against the Palm V I believe. Haha. But then again, you have to test them out in your pocket, numbers don't tell everything .

Cases also make the difference. The 710 naked is ok, but when I added the EB, it turned huge. Same with the Palm V, m500 series, and the T400/600's. When you add the flip cover on those models, it'll add some thickness. A seperate case might even do more. The Edge has a niiiiice flip cover included, no cost and no increase in size. That's why I believe the Edge is the REAL thinnest PDA in the world
    nelson.hsieh
    I strongly agree with you about the Edge's flipcover. That is the feature I miss most about my Edge (well, my little sister's Edge now... ) Why don't the other makers get a clue and use an aluminum flipcover?! I mean the leather flipcover on the T-615 is nice and all but I don't I'd feel comfortable sitting on my T-615 like I did on my Edge. I miss being able to just slip my PDA into my back pocket and forgetting about it.

I keep my car keys in my left front pocket, my Sanyo-6000 in my right front pocket, my wallet in my right rear pocket, and normally my PDA in my left rear pocket but until I find a hardcase or hard flipcover for the T-615 it will continue to cause an unsightly bulge in my right front pocket.... ahem

-Trotsky
    Originally posted by Trotsky
    I keep my car keys in my left front pocket, my Sanyo-6000 in my right front pocket, my wallet in my right rear pocket, and normally my PDA in my left rear pocket but until I find a hardcase or hard flipcover for the T-615 it will continue to cause an unsightly bulge in my right front pocket.... ahem
    LOL, that bulge can't be good for anything...might scare some people away...you got quite a lot of gadgets there! You could try merging them! Treo! But nothing beats a Sony
    nelson.hsieh

Please keep in mind that I am obsessed with minimizing the size of the gadgets I have to carry with me as I usually wear black dress slacks and a dress shirt - precluding the use of belt clips, fanny packs, vests, or other carrying methods.

-Trotsky
    Gee - my E-Holster (www.eholster.com) matches nicely with black pants....but then again there is also the Black Dockers Mobile Pants.
  15.    #15  
    The T-615 is not that much thicker thean a T-415 and its thinner the a 710/760. I got the Sony PEGA-CA60 Carrying case and this baby fist perfect in my slacks.

I am very happy with this form factor. Plus it has color!!!
    -Mikedemo

-Trotsky
    Tried Docker's Mobile Pant yet?
    That IS a Palm III form-factor in my pocket, AND I'm happy to see you.
    Check out this case for the T-615. Dang, it is so sexy in white! Too bad it's the same price as a 128mb memory stick!

-=-=-=-

Slot: No I haven't tried the Docker's Mobile Pant yet. Docker's usually aren't my style, but I'll be sure to check them out when I get the chance.
  18.    #18  
    Check out this case for the T-615. Dang, it is so sexy in white! Too bad it's the same price as a 128mb memory stick!

-=-=-=-

Slot: No I haven't tried the Docker's Mobile Pant yet. Docker's usually aren't my style, but I'll be sure to check them out when I get the chance.

I picked up the PEGA-CA60 in black for my T-615. Its the same case. I love it. It cost me $39.99 here in NYC.
    -Mikedemo
    Pretty nice cases, but just how thick is your T615 gonna be then?!?
    nelson.hsieh
    Originally posted by AzNCoMpUtAnErD
    Pretty nice cases, but just how thick is your T615 gonna be then?!?
    Too thick for me.... Why do you think I didn't bid on it? As pretty as the white case is, it looks a little too "puffy" for me.

-Trotsky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast