Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Originally posted by Trotsky

Too thick for me.... Why do you think I didn't bid on it? As pretty as the white case is, it looks a little too "puffy" for me.

-Trotsky
    With the case on its only as thick as two CD jewel cases on top of each other. This is thin enough to sit in the pocket of a regular pair of pants.
    -Mikedemo
    It's all about how you spend the money.
    Originally posted by mikedemo
    With the case on its only as thick as two CD jewel cases on top of each other. This is thin enough to sit in the pocket of a regular pair of pants.
    So it basically doubles the size of the T615? By specs, the 615 should be as thick as ONE CD Jewel case...least my Edge is...and I've read the specs are identical...
    nelson.hsieh
    good artists copy, great artists steal. . .
    I just wanted you guys to know that I bought the case discussed above. However I only paid $19.99 for it at Best Buy (the guy on ebay wants $64.99!). The leather IS a bit "puffy" and the plastic insert is not quite as rigid as the one in the included flipcover, however I think it is actually quite nice (at least it doesn't use VELCRO! *shudder*).

Like mikedemo said, the retail price is $39.99, but I got an "open item" - i.e. a returned one. However since it was already open, the sales guy didn't mind if I reopened the package to examine it. It was perfect so I got it. Yay!

Also - this might be common knowledge but I wasn't sure of it: The stylus on the T series Clie's are slimmer than on the S or N series so you can't use S/N series Clie styli for the T-series. Drat!

-Trotsky

EDIT: The only bad thing about the US case (CA60) versus the Japanese case (CA70) is that the Japanese cases come in black, white, and brown while the US cases are apparently only available in black. I'm almost tempted to shell out the 65 bucks to get the white one..... Almost but not quite.

The great thing about this case is that you can put the Clie in the cradle while it's on. I look forward to being able to use my Stowaway without always having to remove the case. Great design Sony!

Free Tip: To combat the "puffy-ness" of the leather I compressed the case under a stack of calculus textbooks for a few hours. It's nice and flat now. Greatly reduced puffyness.
    Last edited by Trotsky; 02/09/2002 at 01:39 PM.
    Just wondering... have you seen THIS?

Apparently the GPS memory sticks and Bluetooth adapters are already available in Japan - also there is some kinda weird looking CompactFlash/wireless network card for the clie? Weird....

-Trotsky
    Originally posted by Trotsky
    Just wondering... have you seen THIS?

Apparently the GPS memory sticks and Bluetooth adapters are already available in Japan - also there is some kinda weird looking CompactFlash/wireless network card for the clie? Weird....
    Huh! I knew the Bluetooth adapter was out in Japan (and the Bluethooth Memory sticks were supposed to be out in the next 6 months) -- note that it won't work for the T-Series, it uses the serial port and ain't yet ready for T-Time. Don't know if they're destined for the US or not. The GPS memory stick was supposed to be available around here "any day now".

However, that's the first time I've seen the the CompactFlash adapter... waitaminute, OK -- that's the CF "sled" you see in the Japanese Extreme Limits case ads. Not only lets you hook in CF adapters, but doesn't leech off the Clie's (rather limited) battery power.

However, Sony made some pointed statements that the CF sled would definitely not be sold in the US. Don't know why. I imagine you could always import one from Japan.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12