Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    The reason I ask is because the Hero and Moment are running old android and it seems that 2.0 is the shiznit. I'm tired of palms act and android looks oh so tempting. But after seeing the droid, hero and moment don't cut it.
    Sprint will get Android 2.0 phones.
    Htc is working on integrating 2.0 right now. I don't understand how the G1 has 1.6 and the hero only has 1.5. I think the moment will get it around the same time because it's a by google phone. htc is notorious with taking forever for updates. I have to agree though, after seeing droid in action, it's making it real hard to want to keep my hero or pre. Those VZ prices are just too high for me.
    Yes, but it won't matter. Sprint is a 2nd tier carrier, and the Pre didn't change that. I am excited by android 2.0, even if I am a Pre user. It makes everyone work harder to make the Pre a better platform. We'll really see things heat up when the Pre is available on both 1st tier carriers (AT&T and VZ).

It's just too bad the Pre launched on a lame carrier and not AT&T or VZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    It's just too bad the Pre launched on a lame carrier and not AT&T
    Wow, you must live in the one part of the country that doesn't have tons of dropped calls on AT&T or something, because everyone I know and pretty much every reviewer I've seen on AT&T says they haven't really been able to keep up with bandwidth since the iPhone release and it's gone way downhill.
    Got a Tweet from HTC saying that the Hero will get Android 2.0.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    yes but the hardware and specs for the droid are waaaaaay better then the hero
    the hero made the mytouch look stupid and now the droid makes the hero look stupid. Lol...why am I always left with egg on my face.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post

It's just too bad the Pre launched on a lame carrier and not AT&T or VZ.
    I'll give you VZ but i'll just pretend you never mentioned AT&T. That's a F*cking joke.

the hero made the mytouch look stupid and now the droid makes the hero look stupid. Lol...why am I always left with egg on my face.
    That will keep happening especially now with WebOS and Android. Before every 6 months a new and better phone would come out. Now I expect it to be much sooner. Whatever phone is the new shiny toy will quickly be outdated. I don't expect the Droid to hold the reins long before a new Android phone comes out with a 1ghz snapdragon.