Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Man I hope this comes true. This looks like a bad a@# phone. I'll definetely skip my Palm Pre across the water for this!

Check this out: Rumor: Sprint Ericsson may launch Android phone - FierceMobileIT
    That phone looks sweet!

The article says nothing about Sprint carrying this phone though right? They mention the Android 2.0 via Verizon but that's it. Does Sprint support Android 2.0?
    Man, the phones now a days make iPhones look boring. I'm loving this Xperia X3 UI. Android is looking pretty sweet right now. Here is a youtube vid of the X3 UI.

Well well, it shouldn't be a surprise. Sony is what brought me to the Palm OS line with its Clie PDA line, and it seems that Sony is going to do same for introducing me to the Android Platform. That Xperia X10A looks amazing. I am especially loving the Timescape and MediaScape interface. Great way to interact with the people and your media. Hmmm How hard is it to switch carriers?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    We still don't know what carrier will have this device...do we?
    Sprint uses GSM now?I know they have hybrids but full GSM?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Nah its GSM probably have to buy it unlocked and go to GSM carrier of your choice, that or I believe T-Mobile might get this as I remember they sometimes get the SE phones.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Well, that sucks. I definately want to stay with Sprint for the price. I've never really had an issue with Sprint besides the devices they offer are always either out-dated (curve), or never grown up (Pre).
    You guys think that phone looks good? Like, aesthetically? I think it looks terrible. It may be an incredible phone, but it is ugly as hell.
    Did you see the videos on Engadget? It laaaaaags so bad. Worse than the original WinMo phone - X1 I believe. Maybe it is the same thing that they have good hardware, but performance sucks. If they can solve the performance issue, it looks pretty promising.
    I would never count on sony to do anything revolutionary as far as software goes...
    Ugly,Slow,No Physical Keyboard, No Camera Flash = Fail
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    According to the specs there is a LED Flash for the Camera so I am not sure where you read there was no Camera Flash. And as far as lagging, the guy in the video even says the phone he is using was pretty much a prototype and the ones used at the Demos which ran really smooth were the ones customers would be getting if they purchased one. This phone blows the Droid out of the water. Hopefully Sprint acquires it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamen View Post
    This phone blows the Droid out of the water. Hopefully Sprint acquires it.
    I was going to pick up a Pre December 1st. Now I'm going to wait to see where this phone goes. I really want to stay with Sprint but could possibly jump ship for the X10a assuming that it lives up to the hype and as long as it's not with AT&T.

Who knows, I may still end up with a Pre but may pay next to nothing for it if I wait a bit. Hmmmm . . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltySteve View Post
    I was going to pick up a Pre December 1st. Now I'm going to wait to see where this phone goes. I really want to stay with Sprint but could possibly jump ship for the X10a assuming that it lives up to the hype and as long as it's not with AT&T.

Who knows, I may still end up with a Pre but may pay next to nothing for it if I wait a bit. Hmmmm . . . . .
    Sprint stated that they will be introducing multiple Android phones in the 2010. I don't think all of the phones will be coming from HTC. So Sprint MAY get the X10a.

I'll be comparing the X10a with the HTC Dragon and see which is best. In the mean time, I will enjoy my Hero for a year.
    This article boils my blood. You may read it and think "no big deal" but I cannot stand AT&T. And it hasn't happened yet so I know I shouldn't get upset about it. It's just so frustrating that the phones I would like to try are always with different carriers (specifically the horrendous AT&T). Bah.

running smooth!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltySteve View Post
    This article boils my blood. You may read it and think "no big deal" but I cannot stand AT&T. And it hasn't happened yet so I know I shouldn't get upset about it. It's just so frustrating that the phones I would like to try are always with different carriers (specifically the horrendous AT&T). Bah.
    AT&T mainly fails iPhone users. Other phones work fine, it seems. I have several unlocked models that work well on AT&T. EDGE or 3G, as long as I can get my calls and texts, I'm OK.

I sometimes need data too, and AT&T can be slow with that, but I'm often on my laptop anyway. Although if serious data usage is necessary for you, that may be another story if speed is your concern.

And you have to remember that GSM-only phones can only go to 2 main carriers in the US, and the manufacturers often pick AT&T over T-Mobile since they seem to consider it more worldwide friendly. Although that's changing. The N900 has both T-Mobile US and worldwide 3G bands.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!