Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Droid Lacks Multi-Touch Gestures: Motorola Responds - Gearlog

looks like maybe apple stepped in and said no to multi touch? idk...confusing...
    I might switch, but by the time the Sholes/Droid/Milestone/Whateverit'llbecalled comes to Sprint Palm will probably have polished up WebOS and may even have a new handset out. You can bet there will be more android devices out too. If the Pre had a solid slider (seriously), was more power efficient (OLED) and had external storage (seriously guys?) it would be perfect. Also, where the hell is video recording? Palm really dropped the ball on that one.

Palm needs to step up in a big way if they want to turn things around. I like my Pre but I feel like Palm isn't taking this as seriously as it should and the Pre reflects that. If Palm makes a high-end device that's got really solid hardware I'd pay a lot for it. I bought an HTC Touch Pro2 for $350 and the only reason I returned it was because I realized Windows Mobile still sucked. Got a Pre instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Csquared View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks the Droid is Ugly.

Extremely
    Quote Originally Posted by lolthisismyname View Post

Palm needs to step up in a big way if they want to turn things around. I like my Pre but I feel like Palm isn't taking this as seriously as it should and the Pre reflects that. If Palm makes a high-end device that's got really solid hardware I'd pay a lot for it. I bought an HTC Touch Pro2 for $350 and the only reason I returned it was because I realized Windows Mobile still sucked. Got a Pre instead.
    Palm needs to step up for sure. But it's with effective marketing that is needed most right now to sell that Pre. The nontechies i talk to don't even know about the browser. "It's like the iphone's?" "Multitouch? Really?" Both Palm and Sprint have spent money on marketing, but it's been horrible.

As Sprint's flagship, 6 month exclusive, only consumer smartphone (til the Hero came along), along with some well deserved prelaunch hype, their sales on Sprint to just Sprint's existing users...sucks. If they can't penetrate Sprint which has had the strongest Palm support, then good luck with Verizon.

Pre needs a leap in hardware as well as some significant webOS improvements, but that's next year.
    Yeah, Palm's Pre campaign was pretty terrible. Not sure what they were thinking on that one but if they had been more aggressive (like Motorola was with their commercials) they would have been a lot more successful. The Pixi ads seem like a step in the right direction.
    Motorola Razr -> Palm Centro -> HTC Touch Pro2 -> Palm Pre -> Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by lolthisismyname View Post
    The Pixi ads seem like a step in the right direction.
    It's appears more targeted at an intended demographic. Based on Palm's commercials I still don't know who the Pre is targeted at - Pale young women who like to sit on rocks in open fields and speak incoherent phrases? Seems like a small market to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Csquared View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks the Droid is Ugly.
    its a fugly beast. not a fan of the chin...though the screen itself is quite pristine.
    Quote Originally Posted by acyork View Post
    While I would agree that Moto's handsets were crap for many years, it was because of software not hardware. The hardware was usually top-notch, or at least solid. I mean, you still see people rocking beat-to-hell RAZRs that are 4+ years old. The problem with Motorola phones has always been their software. The software has been complete crap. However, they seem to have solved that problem by using Android. I have to admit that Android 2.0 looks fairly compelling. While I'm not going to jump to VZW for the Droid, I'll certainly give Android 2.0 a long look when it comes to Sprint.
    I think you are right on. Motorola has always had pretty good hardware. The software is where most of thier shortcomings come into play.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I'm thinking of dumping my pre too for an android phone

Post 1.3.1 update, the pre is slow and annoying now. I don't have any patches installed.
    Not to mention 1.3.1 bugs...
    Radio in the PRE is horrible; this is the major deal breaker
    plastic case is scratched up and chipped from just the few months I've been using it
    headset issues; sometimes thinks headphones are still plugged in
    OS is so laggy since 1.3.1

And last but not least...

web apps will NEVER be snappy... it's just the way it is.

Will palm release a C++,C#,C SDK? who knows, I'm not going to wait around for it though. If I see an android phone I like and most of the issues I have are not fixed I'm done with Palm and WebOS.

I see WebOS as failing to be a mainstream OS thus far. Android is gaining ground a lot faster. And frankly even though it doesn't have the "cards" it's a better OS/development platform. Especially since there is an Android X86 movement now.
    the combination of a stress crack from the usb connector into the screen, and the 1.3.1 update, has soured me on the Pre.
    If I were in a position to aquire one (not under contract, etc), I would seriously consider the Droid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irix View Post
    Radio in the PRE is horrible; this is the major deal breaker
    plastic case is scratched up and chipped from just the few months I've been using it
    headset issues; sometimes thinks headphones are still plugged in
    Its nice to see that the new crew at Palm didn't discard everything that made a PalmOS phone a Palm.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123