Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    As the title says;

What was your favorite cell phone of all time.

For me it had to be a OKI 900. It was one of the first, almost, pocket phone. I was selling phones back then and used it on a demo line. The phone was selling for $900.00 then. That was with a 2-year agreement with the Landline "B" service company. Never understood that. The landline companies were the "b" and the non-landline companies were "a".
    The other phones I loved. There was an NEC "brick". All my buddies thought I was so cool. They all had to call their mom. My first bill with that (my first phone ever) was over 800.00. Had it shut off....wow! Think we have all been there. And two others. An Ericson around 1985. It was so tiny. Had a wired hands free earpiece and mic on the wire. And an Audiovox. Made of metal, great reception and had voice dialing built in. Think that was in 1984. Since then the phones have been great but none have given me that feeling of sturdy build or ultimate wow factor. Maybe it was just the newness of the portable cell market back then. Oh yea there was the Motorola Car phone. Always hit my knee.
    honestly my favorites have been the moto flip phones. Star tac and razr. They were great inovative and extremely competent phones in there time.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    This is going to come off like a cop out, but, my Pre. It handles my needs fairly well, I'm always finding a new app, a new tweak, a new patch or a new custom mod of my own to keep me interested and most importantly, it's not my previous phone (htc mogul).
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    honestly my favorites have been the moto flip phones. Star tac and razr. They were great inovative and extremely competent phones in there time.
    I could see that. The "Flip" was a newer twist sort of speak for cell phones. And you could SLAM them closed.
    Motorola StarTac... I used to throw that phone against the wall, put the battery back on and it would keep on going.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Mine was my first phone: Sprint Touchpoint TP2200 (circa Y2K). It had an awesome user-interface at the time and it was just the right size bar-phone with a solid build. Denso was the manufacturer.

Last edited by RafRol; 08/26/2010 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Added Picture.
  7.    #7  
    Never heard of Denso. Looked it up and it looks like it was a nice phone.
    VisorPhone (springboard attachment for the Handspring Visor). Yes it was big and bulky at the time, but it allowed me to keep from always having two distinct devices on me all the time. Plus, it wasn't like the majority of other "smartphones" of the time that suffered the problem of "PDA crammed into phone" and vice versa (sorta).

Second to that, I would say my RAZR v3m. It was a phone and it did its job well.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    Never heard of Denso. Looked it up and it looks like it was a nice phone.
    I believe Denso is an automotive electrical components manufacturer, which explains the build quality of the phone. Unfortunately, they only made 3 models of the Touchpoint series of phones that I can remember.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maskedferret View Post
    VisorPhone (springboard attachment for the Handspring Visor). Yes it was big and bulky at the time, but it allowed me to keep from always having two distinct devices on me all the time. Plus, it wasn't like the majority of other "smartphones" of the time that suffered the problem of "PDA crammed into phone" and vice versa (sorta).

Second to that, I would say my RAZR v3m. It was a phone and it did its job well.
    I enjoyed my VisorPhone. I just can't believe I had put up with the bulk for over a whole year! But it beat carrying 2 devices.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I miss the clamshell keyboard of the Nokia 6800.

I could open it up and touch-type with all 8 fingers.

This newfangled thumb-typing seems like a step back to me.
    sanyo 9000. the startac of the new millennium
    Motorola StarTac, best phone in the world...
    Best phone....Motorola StarTac. What it did it did perfectly, never had better. Ahh, the dog days of analog.....

Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/27/2009 at 10:04 PM.
    My parents were heavy users of the MicroTAC.

I miss the days of when kids did not have phones. (especially in school!)
    1st gen iPhone
    Id have to say mine was the Nokia 3595 back when i was on Tmobile.

I put that phone through so much abuse and it kept on ticking perfectly. I submerged it a few times on accident, once when i dropped it in the sink with the dishes, and by leaving it in my pocket when launching a jetski. Plus numerous drops, most on accident, some to prove its durability to friends. I used this phone for years, until i switched to sprint and upgraded to a Centro.
    For its time; kyocera 6035
    Just call me Berd.
    I think my fav was the Motorola Brick phone.

This sucker weighed a ton, would pull your pants down to your knees if you were brave enough to hook it up to your pants with the carrying case, and it would get the girls looking at you because it was one of the first portable phones available.

Of course they may have been looking at you like you were some kind of nut with your pants falling down all the time, but hey lets just say that I was 20 years a head of today's fashions! LOL......

This isn't my picture, but rather one I took off of the web, but somewhere down in my basement I still have my phone, with carrying case, charger and two batteries.

I wonder if it still works?

The other phone that I liked was my Kyocera (can't recall the version), but it was the first phone that I had that offered voice dial.......sadly the Pre does not??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    My last Treo 680 -- not just for the phone (which worked well for me), but for the wonderful apps I had loaded on it, including a whole page of real games.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast